[AAR] One week vacation in Branch/Deklein

Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

[AAR] One week vacation in Branch/Deklein

Post by Yrgrasil »

Guess thats the best forum section for holiday pictures?

So Blackout is over, not the Bots come back and make Nullsec again a healthy living place full. Since this is somehow a hobby for me and i have the talent to operate a stopwatch i decided to go out and find me some easy PVE with Killmails.

Some Dotlan search later i recognized two things.
- The traditional south east of EVE seems kinda quiet regarding Bots yet (has already mildly changed as the time of writing)
- Branch/Deklein looked like nearly nobody else except Bots is living there.

So the decision was made to go to branch with a standard 50m Retri and look what now after VNI nerf is the state of art.

The myrms were basically afk killable, the isthars with dual Drone Navigation were some kind of an issue since the Wasps were able to catch my Nano Retri. It took me like 3 Attemps to figure out when to pulse heat on mwd and kill them before i go too low into Armor/Hull.

(Its easier to just post pictures instead of grabbing a ton of mail... sry about that :D)

Second day started a bit off, i had logged off my Retri in Venal for some repairs. As i headed back i went back into a VNI Bubblecamp. This was actually not really a problem, with heat i could burn off before he landed tackle and i started defanging his drones. Just as he was at his last 3 Heavies i somehow messed it completly up and got cought...

For the second day the botter just increased the timers, so it took me basically only a bit longer to get them.

Day 3/4 were basically not really interesting regarding kills, just a Myrm and one Ishtar. I had a bit less time to work on them because real life work, and a fleet i did in the UNI.

At day 4 he actually started to use Warp Stabs, https://zkillboard.com/kill/79082399/ so my retri was not usable anymore and i had to change to continue this. Some Pyfa and wormholes later i got me this little beast:

Ishkur, Botus Fistus
Spoiler
[Ishkur, Botus Fistus]

Assault Damage Control II
AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Energized Kinetic Membrane II
Shadow Serpentis Small Armor Repairer

1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Small Ghoul Compact Energy Nosferatu

Small Anti-Kinetic Pump I
Small Anti-Kinetic Pump I

Acolyte II x5
Warrior II x5

Nanite Repair Paste x120
Republic Fleet EMP S x3000
Republic Fleet Fusion S x3000
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x2000
Mobile Depot x1
Agency 'Hardshell' TB5 Dose II x2
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler x1
Its not a fit for daily general use, its really specialized. But in theory it would be able to kill an passive tank Carrier (i have probably the chance to test that in some month i guess)

--

Day 5-7 went as before, i just switched the area since the botter logged his toons off when i was around (all of his toons, not just the ones in the system i were in) So deklein got kinda interesting and i went there.

While moving through branch i discovered one more ishtar and went for him, since he didn't had the usual pattern i actually suspected him to be a human being and didn't expected the kill (just some warriors are enough to chase me off in the ishkur). Well, he was a player, and warped his second Ishtar even in. Perfect time to test the ishkurs capabilities...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/79106757/

Nice and cozy, could easily tank two ishtars for a while, but sadly didn't got the second one since he was too far away and warped short before the first died.

The deklein bots itself had the same fit as the branch ones, so i suspected them to be from the same guy. Thankfully they had still a low timer so i could basically just chew through six ishtars in 2.5 hours. While doing that i saw some conifiers guy and invited him after some talk to fleet, so that he could whore on two of the kills.

This was perhabs helpful for an actual Human in a Scorpion Navy i think, on the next day i saw some guy warping around looking for a fight i assumed and also some of the conifier guys. Instead of shooting me, they quickly invited me into fleet and some Gategames later we got this nice SNI

https://zkillboard.com/kill/79133126/

---

The last day:
So the branch bots are logging off when i'm close, the deklein bots have hillarious timers already and were also logging off sometimes...

Remaining stuff was mostly gilas, and these are hell of a tank for my little 60M Ship, so i checked my notes and looked what i could try before i return home. I found something and two and a half hours later i got finally an Rattlesnake. (I checked his killboard before to check if i could possibly break him, and decided 30 dps more then his tank should be sufficent (npc do also damage)).

https://zkillboard.com/kill/79154545/

A nice and funny end for my short vacation i think.

---

- In total i got 8 myrms, 1 vexor, 1 vni, 19 ishtars, 1 scorpion navy, 1 rattlesnake (4 of them were humans, vexor, vni, 1x ishtar, sni)
- a 50-60m ship is perfectly sufficent for all this
- i used an alt twice to bring some drones over i lost against real humans
- the locals actually wished me good luck and left me in peace
- the neighbors were nice too, and invited me to fleet for kills :)
- the bots are back... and wow they come in hundreds (but not yet spread out over all regions)

- CCP got really fast with banning new created Bots, one day i saw in the night how 12 new myrm bots were placed in the pocket. On the next day they were already banned by the looks of it.
- CCP really pi**ed me off that they seem to fear banning obvious Bots (i send them additionally also all the timers, so it should be easy to verify via logs) which were older, i think the botter actually recognized it and later even his myrm toons were often some somehundret day old toons he had probably in reserve. Grow some Balls CCP! That part was really frustrating.

btw. my asset safety window looks now a bit odd:

Ky Hanomaa

Re: [AAR] One week vacation in Branch/Deklein

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Your, sir, are an absolute beast!

May I join you on your next crusade?
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Yrgrasil

Post by Yrgrasil »

Ky Hanomaa wrote:Your, sir, are an absolute beast!

May I join you on your next crusade?
i mean in general its a really boring thing, lots of netflix involved. But i guess in theory we can do this as a training once for 1-2h if a decent wormhole is around.
Yrgrasil

Post by Yrgrasil »

there is actually also drawbacks of this action, ccp sends since last week a single mail out for every report which resulted in "some action taken"

i'm right now at 48 Mails since last week...