[AAR] Rusty Frigates turned Small Gang 13 September 2019

Post by Amoni Panala »

Roam members (5)
Spoiler
Amoni Panala - Atron, Rifter
Greg Malufeld - Atron, Rifter
Titus Empire - Rifter
William Lyon Mackenzie - Griffin, Navitas, Incursus
Our ragtag band of siblings did not have the numbers for the fleet I had scheduled so we made our way in the frigates provided plus a few miscellaneous ships. We saw a Vedmak on Dscan that looked a bit much, but I thought we might as well try. We slid the gate and it was almost instant regret as both the alpha and the DPS were too much for our frigate. I'm glad we tried anyway. The area was relatively quiet except in a spot where we had heard that there was a gatecamp. We tried to ambush the gatecamp, but unfortunately they were too quick and docked up the moment they saw us. They did manage to blap one or two of us, but that was to be expected during a gatecamp. We nailed a Tristan for our trouble along the way, but the real glory came from a fight with a well-tanked Incursus. I was in a Rifter and the Incursus was about 100km off. I told everyone else to bounce while I spiraled into the target. It worked beautifully. Despite an unfriendly Atron joining the fray, we managed to take out the Incursus and the Atron. Due to how long it took to form up and get ourselves situated for a small-gang roam, I had to leave after this engagement and encouraged the others to continue if they'd like.

This fleet-turned-small-gang reminded me of the good ol' days of my time living in LSC. The roam was short and we may not have been ISK positive, but we felt like winners all the same. That Incursus was incredibly well-fit to take on multiple opponents and repped like a boss. I barely made it out with my Rifter, but I'm glad we took that fight.

Kills and Losses

(00:20:53) Oulley
Atron -6.56m

(00:50:51) Eha
Tristan +11.99m

(01:46:24) Eha
Atron -6.6m
Navitas -7.55m
Rifter -5.52m
Rifter -10.88m
Capsule -0.01m

(01:54:07) Oulley
Griffin -2.44m

(02:18:48) Vey
Rifter -11.95m

(02:29:01) Aldranette
Rifter -9.43m
Incursus +13.65m
Atron +6.9m

(02:55:05) Tama
Incursus -7.85m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 32,544,784.43
ISK Lost: 68,793,455.08
ISK Delta: -36,248,670.65
Efficiency: 32.115%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Good fights were had near the end of the roam
    - Really positive attitude from those who came out expecting a fleet and got a small gang roam
    - Good intel gathering on the gatecamp
    (Negative stuff)
    - Not having the numbers for the fleet was a bummer
    - Not being able to take out that gatecamp after the careful planning was also a bummer
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Rusty Frigates turned Small Gang 13 September 2019

Post by Budda Sereda »

Not having enough is not cool, but let that not frustrate you too much. Keep flying, and you will grow your player base. Also, small gang is often more fun than a regular fleet.

Regarding aar: I'm curious if you thought on what would it take to crash that gate camp?
Amoni Panala

Re: [AAR] Rusty Frigates turned Small Gang 13 September 2019

Post by Amoni Panala »

Budda Sereda wrote:Regarding aar: I'm curious if you thought on what would it take to crash that gate camp?
We did everything right, but they were ready for someone to try what we tried. I don't know if someone else had already tried to break up their gatecamp or not. We had gone the long way around to sneak up behind them and snag them. It may have been the case that as soon as they saw the number in local increase and it didn't come through their gate, they started aligning out. Local is pure evil, I like J-space and I miss nullsec sans local.

Had I had the ships, I would have used a bait-tanked T1 industrial to go through the gatecamp. Them firing on the bait would mean they'd have weapons timers and couldn't dock. At that point I could have one person go after any of the gatecampers that broke off and tackle them. The rest of us would basically have to hold the remaining gatecampers until the gate guns reduced them to rubble. Once the pilot who went after the runaway landed tackle we could warp the gang on top of the runaway and secure the kill.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image