[Solo] Vexor Navy Issue nerfed edition

Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

[Solo] Vexor Navy Issue nerfed edition

Post by Kelon Darklight »

So when CCP announced they were adjusting the Vexor Navy, I quickly took a look at the expected changes. It went from 125m3 bandwidth to 75m3 bandwidth, increased the tracking on the remaining drones by 5% per level, add another turret + 50% turret tracking, and to top it all off a 7.5% per level of local reps per level.

WOW! Those changes made it into an amazing armor brawler, and immediately thinking of the Stabber fleet armor brawler that works so well for me, I came up with this fit:
Spoiler
[Vexor Navy Issue, Nerfed Ship]

Medium Armor Repairer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

10MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Small Energy Neutralizer II
Heavy Ion Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Acolyte II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5
Hornet II x1
Praetor II x2
Valkyrie II x2
Valkyrie II x5
Warrior II x5

Null M x1000
Void M x1000
Navy Cap Booster 800 x17
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M x1000
Nanite Repair Paste x200
Agency 'Hardshell' TB5 Dose II x2
Standard Exile Booster x2
Synth Drop Booster x2
It reps 785 DPS heated and while the charges last, does 264 DPS cold with the Ions with antimatter loaded (as you don't have a web make sure you stick to antimatter most of the time), 327 dps with the max damage flight currently selected ( I recommend sticking with berserkers or praetors, but your choice) so a total of 591 dps vs another cruiser. If you need to shot something smaller, drop to mediums or small drones to kill them. It does have a bit of a fat sig (130) so sig tanking like a stabber fleet (100) is much harder, but that is offset a decent bit by the much stronger reppers the fit has.

About ammo, the only time void is recommend if you are fighting something that doesn't give much concern about your AB. Namely rapid light missile ships, as ABing around isn't going to reduce damage, you might as well hold further away and apply maximum damage as most of those guys have very stiff tanks. If you catch a battleship it would likely work there, but that isn't super common as most battleships have this module called the grappler (super strong web) or utility heavy neuts that will give you a very bad day.

The plan with this fit is to use the MWD to close into range, then use the AB to mitigate incoming damage while exploiting your greater tracking to still be able to apply. So hard commit and get right on top of them to do that. This fit does suffer vs a pure AB/web/scram cruiser for that idea, but it is still solid. Due to that limitation, this does tend to perform better in null where pure AB ships are less common, but it isn't able to take a depot/hull repper due to cargo space being needed for cap boosters so hull damage is basically permanent and should be avoided if possible. As far as reps go, always lead with the t2 MAR as the MAAR is the strongest reps on your ship, you want to save that for when you need it most due to MAAR. Make sure auto-reload for the MAAR is off as you won't be lasting 60 seconds with it down. Don't be afraid to use it, just try to lead with the weaker rep when possible.

Some weakness I noticed is even a single medium neut can seriously pressure you, if you need to try to conserve cap use the MAAR over the t2 MAR (provided it still has charges), don't use the small neut unless you except it to help (can swap it to a nos), and hope they die before you do. After field testing, I believe it is time to double down on the drone damage amps as it has the most applied damage and most range of the weapon systems. I was afraid to commit all the damage modules to one or the other before testing it.

I had some great fights with this fit, lets start with:

Fight 1: (not actually the first fight as first fight): Vedmak w/ dessie/frigate support vs Vexor Navy & Gate guns

I was just leaving my staging system when a small gang of frigates/dessies engaged me with a vedmak. I wasn't flashy, so I had gate guns helping me for this one. Ideally I would have engaged the vedmak first (due to ramped damage being very spooky), however I had no choice but to clear the small tackle off first cause they had me hard tackled. Once that was done, with the gate guns making the rest bail, I was feeling super pressured, and overheated my mwd to try to get vedmak, and managed to down him: https://zkillboard.com/kill/78320690/ along with a slasher, algos, and tristan. They managed to avenge that loss later when I goofed into them a few systems later after they had reshipped.

Fight 2: Hull Pen vs Vexor Navy

I was burning off a plex in tama in hopes I can get some hull pen AFs to chase me, and do they ever!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/78423817/, https://zkillboard.com/kill/78423841/, and https://zkillboard.com/kill/78423873/

So as the AFs and frigates burn in, they also call in some bigger ships. One of which is a curse which I thought doomed me. I kill enyo first, then wolf, and struggle to kill the punisher as I am being capped out but not as hard as I should be. I immediately noticed the curse was actually a heavy neut curse, which my medium cap booster let me negate to a large degree with proper timing. A rack of medium neuts would have capped me out much better due to cycle times (medium neuts hit every 12 seconds, and staggering would have let one hit me every 3 to 4 seconds, but a large neut only hits every 24 seconds). A medium cap booster takes in total about 22 seconds to cycle (12 second cycle time and 10 second reload). I was still very low when i managed to kill the punisher and warp as nothing else had burned into point range.

Fight 3: Talos vs Vexor Navy

I managed to get some nice AF kills out of J5A earlier that day, so I decided to use it as my exit. I saw the Talos camping the gate, jumped through to make sure there were no friends (and make it more likely for him to engage as I don't think he would have shot me at 0), then jumped back through, mwded at him, and then ABed around him negating almost all the damage from it. https://zkillboard.com/kill/78442308

Fight 4: Drake, Ferox, Jag, and slicer vs Vexor Navy

This fight I did manage to down a Jaguar before going down, but I think I made a mistake in target selection. So I was bouncing around to make it so the drake/slicer couldn't immediately insert themselves in the fight, I managed to get scram on the Ferox, and I let him go as the jag came in so I could kill that. I did not manage to down the Jag before the drake came in and I died. I believe if I had kept on the Ferox ( https://zkillboard.com/kill/78560422/ ) who did most of the damage too me, I could have killed him and stayed under guns, killed the Jag next to remove that web, and made an attempt to kill drake (As he was firing fury Hams which I may have been able to tank with AB). Part of the decision was made with zkill knowledge (the Ferox was pure buffer fit with no tackle modules in mids) and I wasn't sure I could down the Ferox in a timely fashion.

Fight 5: Brutix vs Vexor Navy

Ignore the stratios on the kill, he had no impact on the fight. So I was going up vs a Brutix, which on paper does more damage than I can tank and has a huge buffer tank. I decided to field test if I could get under blasters with AB. The answer was mostly, I managed to rep most of the fight on a single repper with the occasional 2nd pulse from MAAR. I was lucky that he had void loaded for the entire fight, as AM might have let him start applying on me to greater effect. The brutix kill in question: https://zkillboard.com/kill/78616543/

Fight 6: Loki vs Vexor Navy

So I was roaming after the Brutix kill for another fight, drugs had run out but I was looking for a fight to end it, warp to a belt, see the gate covered in bubbles (but not manned), and starting poking around. A loki shows up to start clearing the bubbles off with HAMs and the decision to go for it is made. Main issue is, loki has a 30km+ web, which makes it impossible for me to get in scram range easily. I keep crashing gate and about the 4th time he doesn't web me. Creeping into about 22km with MWD off, and not seeing a web, I try overheating mwding into him. This time he doesn't web me until I am on top of him. Turning of the MWD, swapping to AB, keeping my speed up as much as possible to reduce HAM damage, and in for a rough fight as the incoming damage is high and he is neuting me with the medium neut. I have to rely mostly on my MAAR to do the work so I don't cap out and loose the scram and gun dps once I noticed I was capped out at one point. I manage to down him and get the loot to safety by warping to a hostile citadel and dropping it off. https://zkillboard.com/kill/78617296/ This was good as I die shortly afterwards to his friends (though I took a dram with me).

It may be a much worse ratter now, but it is an excellent small gang/solo ship and it is time to buy more as I have seemed to run out of hulls for now. Hope you guys enjoyed the tales!
Gergoran Moussou

Re: [Solo] Vexor Navy Issue nerfed edition

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Good to see that you're confirming everyone's reports that it's a good solo ship.

I've never done any solo PVP in anything larger than a destroyer (I've lost plenty of frigates and destroyers, including to you, on solo roams and killed a Daredevil, Comet, and Coercer in a Coercer) and right now, I have a stockpile of navy frigate hulls in LSC for when I feel like going on solo roams (since moving to WHC for most of what I do, these have been pretty much the only ships out there besides doctrine stuff from various fleets that have staged out of LSC such as my Caracal fleet Saturday evening), I quite like them. Do you have any advice on how to get started doing solo stuff with cruisers and battlecruisers (I'm thinking the Brutix in particular right now, since I've been training it for WHC doctrine and it looks like it would be good for solo stuff because of the repair bonus, but if you can think of another ship to recommend, my highest cruiser skill being Amarr and battlecruiser skill being Gallente, I'd welcome suggestions)?
9th CCI medalist

Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

Re: [Solo] Vexor Navy Issue nerfed edition

Post by Kelon Darklight »

Its a bit rough to try to laser kite in todays meta considering how commons jaguars are, so amarr cruisers aren't as strong as they could be. (ADCU plus excellent jag resist vs lasers is not great). As far as how to get into, just roam active areas and try to poke fights and figure out what you can take, as it honestly depends on your fit.

Brutix is excellent, though I tend to use this fit:
Spoiler
[Brutix, Brutix]

Damage Control II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II

Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II
Medium Micro Jump Drive

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M

Medium Transverse Bulkhead I

Valkyrie II x5
Warrior II x5

Null M x1000
Void M x1000
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge M x1000

You will notice this has no reps, and works well if you can go repair after fights. You can also swap the MWD/small neut for a AB/medium neut. I don't currently have a rep fit saved. I suggest carry it in cargo and depot as required for null as its super handy to pick a fight with one or the other.

As far as cruisers goes
Rupture:
Spoiler
[Rupture, *ruppie]

Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Co-Processor II
Tracking Enhancer II

Warp Scrambler II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Stasis Webifier II

Dual 180mm AutoCannon II, Barrage M

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior II x5

Standard Blue Pill Booster

Barrage M x1500
Navy Cap Booster 400 x27
Republic Fleet EMP M x2900
Republic Fleet Fusion M x1500
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x1500
Standard Blue Pill Booster x1
Standard Drop Booster x1
Super solid brawler with a small neut to prevent frigate from getting under your guns as easily.

Stabber:
Spoiler
[Stabber, stabber]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II

Large Shield Extender II
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Warp Disruptor II

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M

Medium Projectile Ambit Extension I
Medium Projectile Ambit Extension I
Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Warrior II x5

Standard Drop Booster

Barrage M x1000
Republic Fleet EMP M x1000
Republic Fleet Fusion M x1000
Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x1000
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot M x1000
I used this as a kiter for a bit, but its mostly used now to bump AFK ships off the undock of certain citadels and murder them these days.

Osprey:
Spoiler
[Osprey, infpc happy]

Damage Control II

10MN Afterburner II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 150
Stasis Webifier II
Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 150
Warp Scrambler II

Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Light Missile
Rapid Light Missile Launcher II, Nova Fury Light Missile

Hobgoblin II x4

Standard Blue Pill Booster

Navy Cap Booster 150 x18
Caldari Navy Inferno Light Missile x100
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Light Missile x100
Caldari Navy Nova Light Missile x100
A fun fit used for fighting small frigate gangs. The triple neuts are very powerful in controlling and reducing tank/dps of frigates.

Omen:
Spoiler
[Omen, Kommen]

Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
1600mm Steel Plates II
1600mm Steel Plates II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II

10MN Afterburner II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Small Focused Pulse Laser II, Imperial Navy Multifrequency S

Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Warrior II x5
Warrior II x3
Another frigate baiting fit, you can fit pretty much fit any frigate weapons you like in highs. Has 57k ehp, which is super impressive considering its a t1 cruiser with no resist bonuses.

Arbitrator:
Spoiler
[Arbitrator, Arbitrator fit]

AE-K Compact Drone Damage Amplifier
Damage Control II
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure

X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 800
Warp Disruptor II
Small Capacitor Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 400

Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5
Infiltrator II x5
Valkyrie II x5
Warrior II x5

Not actually tested yet, but the idea is you neut whatever you have tackled silly while dealing 280 drone dps.

Moa:
Spoiler
[Moa, mwd fit copy]

Damage Control II
Co-Processor II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
X5 Enduring Stasis Webifier
J5b Enduring Warp Scrambler
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster, Navy Cap Booster 400
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender

Heavy Electron Blaster II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge M

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Acolyte II x3
Brawling fit with LSE as invub actually uses way to much cap, and gives you some buffer to try to last through reload. The fit is a bit old so you likely want to swap the scram for the longer range variant.
Champion of Tash-Murkon