[WHC] How Satoshi got his groove back

Mikus Walker

[WHC] How Satoshi got his groove back

Post by Mikus Walker »

Satoshi's astero got jumped hacking a relic site in bacon by a proteus and a nemesis. We decided to get revenge but we needed bait. We quickly summoned up a kitchen sink response fleet included a couple stratios and a couple bombers since no one wanted to fly a force recon with me. :wink: @Amoni Panala bravely volunteered to bait in their imicus but we quickly found that no one had any tackle and the proteus would melt the imicus. I reshipped into a tanky stratios (fitting courtesy of @ana'ander lamora) and recklessly jumped the hole. Satoshi was already back on the other side creating a warp-in with his cloaky manticore.
Now, to make my bait stratios realistic I wanted to make sure I had a relic analyzer, but the problem was I swapped out my MWD for it. So I start slowboating towards the first relic can approx 80km away... @Willuw Everquest is cloaked 200km away in their stratios keeping an eye on me. So we wait... and I slowboat... and we wait... and I slowboat... I start scanning down sigs... and I slow boat... Eventually I reach the relic can and start hacking. I get about 4/5 of the way through the hack when the proteus uncloaks. Perfect! I tackle the proteus and lay into him with 5 Warrior II drones of fury.
The WHC Avengers uncloak and start to leap in. That's when a second proteus uncloaks... and then a legion lands on grid... and then a loki... suddenly we're slightly overmatched. Luckily the WHC Avengers were mustering nearby. @concifuriram and @Eir.Geiravor were waiting in oracles, @Vincemt' Night was in an Ashimmu, @Amoni Panala and Akel Mirom and @Satoshi Tomeii were in bombers and @Ithugor Wells was riding the cockpit of an enyo.
@concifuriram masterfully directed the engagement and we quickly focused down the proteus that killed Satoshi, securing our revenge but my stratios was going down fast. A timely EWAR burst broke their scram at the last second and I was able to warp out with less than 30% hull just as the first proteus went down. Meanwhile, I raced to reship into my own T3C to help finish the battle.
By that time, secondary tackle had been applied to the other ships and the combined DPS, including the oracle artillery were melting through the T3Cs. We lost our bombers and the enyo, but they lost 2 proteus and the legion before the loki was able to escape - slinking off with their tail between their legs before I was able to land on grid.
All that was left was to mop up the battlefield. We quickly snatched up the blingy modules left on the field by our defeated foes and returned to innuendo triumphant!

Addition from Willuw Everquest:
Not much to add - from my perspective. However I was trying out a brand new Tanky/Survivable Stratios fit 90K+ EHP (before reactive armor hardener shifted so more like 120+) + Burst Jammer. After Mikus warped off and the enemy dispatched the bombers I became primary and was holding very well while the oracles were dealing damage like crazy. However, this engagement was the first time I had a chance to utilize a burst jammer and in retrospect it would have probably been good idea to communicate the fact that I was doing so to my fleet mates - as it deals indiscriminate jams in an AOE. I think we got very lucky with how it turned out as it mostly provided a positive effect due to my proximity to the targets and the standoff of our DD from the oracles and bombers...it did also incidentally save Mikus' Stratios as it broke their lock and he was able to warp off. So - LL communicate the fact that a burst jammer is being employed … though I did get a kill on ithigur :wink: https://zkillboard.com/kill/78443822/