[AAR] "Mining from a can" & "Look at that Activity" 8/7/2019

Vincemt' Night

[AAR] "Mining from a can" & "Look at that Activity" 8/7/2019

Post by Vincemt' Night »

This AAR will consist of 2 consecutive bombing runs in 2 different regions of Null.

We begin this story as any story in EVE. I was looking for something to blow up...

First Bombing Run:
Top off Torpedoes: check
Top off Bomb Launcher: check
Check for Probe Launcher, Probes, and Mobile Depot: Check
Double Check Mapper: check....oh snap I have to EOL holes in this chain....huh lets do this.

approximately 2hrs left on EOL.

I undock and begin to make may way down the chain and into system. I set my destination and add the exit system as a waypoint. I begin to bounce and take gates, checking D-Scan for any targets.

I get to my destination and immediately find a procurer on D-scan. I pinpoint him via D-scan at an Ice Belt. I warp at 100Km cloaked, and he warps out. I notice there is a can on grid. I begin to burn and make tacticals. A few more USTZ members log in, and I call in fleet if anyone wants to join. I get 2, Sone and Marcus. I set up tacticals on gates, as seeing a few tech 1 industrials' are warping into system.

Now it time to wait.

Epithal undocks from an Astrahaus, then a Heron undocks. Cyno Lights. We decide to wait and see whats happening. Rhea jumps in and lands on station, docks. Rhea undocks and warps to a Sotiyo. Epithal docks. Iteron V undocks same pilot as Epithal. It sits.

Marcus made it to null, and has found a Rapier 15km off a gate 2 jumps out, just sitting. We decide to go for the Iteron V when it moves. Iteron V warps to planet.

approximately 1hr left on EOL.

We warp to planet and set up our bombing run. Sone and Vincemt' on grid Marcus in route. We decide to go for it. We align, uncloak and launch Bombs. Iteron V begins to align, 1 bomb hits, Iteron V warps, 2 bomb denotes. Target Escaped....

Rapier it is!
We burn back to system and meet up with Marcus on grid. We are 35Km off Rapier. Grab the pilots name and get Zkill, find a Rapier loss, put it into Pyfa, calculate EHP vs Concussion Bombs and see where we stand with Torps finishing them off. Decide its worth it.

Align Target......., Uncloak, Launch Bombs, Paint Target, Point, Launch Torps.

Bombs hit putting the Rapier into about 3/5th armor. No reaction from target, we overload torpedoes waiting for the dreaded drones. Nothing. Rapier pops. We cloak and bounce. Pod remains on field. We warp back and pod the pod.
We are isk positive!

approximately 30mins left on EOL.

We see that we are 30mins left on EOL and have haul of 30min in loot. We decide to drop off loot in can and check another pocket. We get to pocket and see a miner ball on D-scan.

Bob has blessed our bombs....but not our cloaks. We have a bomber pop on D-scan for a split second. Miner Ball docks. We jump out looking for another target. We find an Ishtar on D-scan. We set up tacticals while someone Zkills the pilot. We Halt. Pyfa reads 98% Kinetic Resists...

We decide to make the burn back to Innu, we have loot and approximately 15mins left on EOL.

Second Bombing Run:
We make it back to Innu, and I check the mapper I see that we have another Null Connection and its not EOL! I call in fleet for any one interested in a Null Bombing Run. We get a total of 6 pilots, but some are limited on time. I check Doltan and see many systems with over 1K NPC Kills/delta.

Look at the activity....

We set out destinations to one of the pockets, and free burn there. While we free burn. I give a quick orientation on the procedure of bombing runs. We land in CL6-ZG, our out gate is out of D-scan and it has no nearby celestials'. A few warp ahead.

Bubble! I land 8,000m off a gnosis.

I tell everyone to hold. I burn out of the bubble and set up a tactical. I find a tactical that is not within LOE (Line of Effect) of the bubble. Planet VIII. I have everyone warp Planet VIII. Then warp to me. Everyone is in position.

Align Target......., Uncloak, Launch Bombs, Paint Target, Point, Launch Torps.

Gnosis goes into near low armor. We overload Torps and pop.

I call for everyone to cloak and bounce, and then we continue on to our destination. We jump 2 more jumps and find two Ishtars ratting in system. We are ready this time, we have EM bombs since we are in gurrista ratting space. WE attempt to D-scan the ishtars but they are warping to structure and to safe. Marcus scouts ahead. Marcus finds another Ishtar ratting and sets up a tactical. We jump in system and warp to Marcus cloaked. Ishtar finishes site just as we land and warps off. We find another Ishtar at a unfinished site. They are orbiting the site.

We decide to get this one, we will wait till his pass comes back towards us. I explain to the bombers that this will require a little manual piloting since we need to launch our bombs in front of the ishtar so it runs into them.

The ishtar is making his pass, we align and begin to manually pilot. I call for bomb release once you are within 30km of target.

Bombs away, Paint, Point, and launch Torps. Ishtar drops into low armor! Dips into Hull and Reps.
Overheat Torps! Ishtar drops into 3/4 Hull then reps. Stilleto lands on field and begins to tackle. But is not fitted with any dps.
Ishtar hits half hull, but reps armor. We lose a bomber. Ishtar Pops.

I call for Scatter. We get 5/6 bombers off grid. And we begin to attempt to make our way out. Stilleto and Ares land on out gate. They are too slow and we make gate. We head to RD-G2R, we jump into system. Bubbled with a Sabre and a Vexor and we lose another two Bombers and lose a pod.

I call everyone to hold in system, warp to celestials and set up a safe. We are going to have to wait them out for a few mins. We set up safes and sit. We realize the bubble is off gate and luckily there is anon that is behind the gate giving us a good warp in. We take the anom and gate.

The group attempts to chase us up the chain but loses us at a split, thinking we were heading out of the constellation rather than to a pocket with our Exit WH. 8)

But 5/6 make it home in either a bomber or pod.

Roam Members
Spoiler
Marcus - Purifier
Eir Gieravor - Manticore
Scone Eto - Manticore
Vincemt' Night - Manticore
Amoni Panala - Nemesis
Willuw Everquest - Hound
Kills and Losses
Spoiler
Rapier +321.77m
Capsule +77.94m
Gnosis +56.77m
Ishtar +262.25m

Manticore -63.87m
Hound -133.01m
Purifier -53.16m
Capsule -0.01m
Stats
Spoiler
ISK Destroyed: 719.46m
ISK Lost: 250.05m
Efficiency: 74.2%
Overall Evaluation
Spoiler
✔ (Positive stuff)
ISK positive and was a great learning experience for everyone involved. Topics that were discusses included how Bombs
work, how cloaking with Fleets work.
✘ (Negative stuff)
We did have some friendly fire with some Bomb Damage, but it wasn't intentional and did provide a good learning point.
Tori Moliko
Title: Graduate, Student Advocate, WHC Logistics Officer

Re: [AAR] "Mining from a can" & "Look at that Activity" 8/7/2019

Post by Tori Moliko »

If I remember correctly, I was listening in on this fleet while moving my incursion stuff. It was great entertainment and I ended up just hanging out and listening until 2 or 3 a.m. even though I wasn't out in a bomber. At some point during the night, I headed out to Jita to buy one for next time. Great work by everyone.
Image Image Image Image Image
Kranamor Andedare
Title: Freshman

Post by Kranamor Andedare »

Thanks for the great AAR Vincemt, and glad to hear you guys have some sneaky fun of Nullbears. Hope I can join you next time!
Amoni Panala

Post by Amoni Panala »

This was such a well-run bombing run, you'd never know we don't have our own dedicated little thing going on.

Also, thanks to Sone, I have this beautiful meme immortalizing the fact that I dropped my bomb a few seconds too late and learned that friendly fire from bombs is no fun.

She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image