Shizuka Shinano
Tarkin Karn
Tori Moliko
Willuw Everquest
Kills and Losses

(02:36:13) J122259
Wolf +70.74m
Retribution +63.1m

These were the appetizer, and the stats are misleading because they got at least one of us, too, but the killmail apparently wasn't in fleet. What happened was:

When I logged on there were reports of a kitey retri hopping its way around Bacon. Taunting us in local, even. I, wisely, did not hear what he was flying, so I jumped into a Strat and am glad I did not die in it the way I usually do when I fly a Strat. Several of us followed the retri around, and eventually it engaged, and predictably a giant blob appeared. But Marcus instafessored these two, escaped, and got home.

Later that same day . . .

While escaping, Marcus reported two porpoises and a gaggle of skiffs in a low. I proposed that we form small ships and try to grab a porpoise. Marcus siad, "Tori, FC?" I gulped and agreed. Long-time listener, first-time target caller.

We formed up on .Bacon. There were something like two retris and a comet in Bacon, and they were spread out, so the hope was to jump in, warp to the comet, and get a fight. While we were waitin, Gergoran, scouting in his venture, saw an ogre and other evidence of a bear. Ultimately all potential targets jumped out of Bacon. And the porps and skiffs had disappeared from the low. As we were formed up anyway, we decided to dive into a null.

Goons!

There was significant NPC Kill activity a few jumps out from our null connection, so we proceeded to seek content. Along the way, we encountered the annonyances from Bacon and engaged, but both the comet and one of the retris jumped through a gate while in hull / deep armor. Another retri was parked about 60k off the gate, but we weren't going to catch him so we continued on.

We found no more fights, but we heard reports of a goons fleet in pursuit, and then started seeing some capitals on D. Of course. The bulk of us regrouped, and Marcus approached one possible exit route. It looked clear. We aligned. One "nonononononono" later, many, many kikis appeared on the gate. Marcus warped off.

We were fortunate to be in a pocket of null where there were a few ways out. Marcus +1'd through a side door, and we all made it home. That's when I asked if anyone had noticed that I had never FC'd a PVP fleet before. (I noticed.)

We did not find an abundance of content, and we did not get any kills, but we all got home and given the gang of kikis and the cap (caps?) that were pursuing us I am delighted by that result.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 133,838,875.37
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 133,838,875.37
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    * We lived!
    * I got off the FC schneid.

(Negative stuff)
    * Many lessons available for me, including:
    *** I screwed up at least two fleet warps. Hopefully only two?
    *** We all had aggression timers so could not pursue the comet and retri through the gate. Ithugor suggested after the fleet that we could have put one or two through the gate without aggressing to tackle on the other side, or had just one or two of us aggress at first to see if they would jump through.
    *** At one point the fleet got a bit scattered so we had to regroup at a safe.
    * Nobody died on the other side, either.
Last edited by Tori Moliko on 2019.08.06 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
Laethe Fooswa

Re: [AAR] The One Where No One Died

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

Fantastic to see you step to the plate Tori.
And welcome to the joys of the typey-scout :roll:
Marcus Arilia

Re: [AAR] The One Where No One Died

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Nice work Tori, and thanks for letting me typey scout. Looks like in the first engagement a malediction and jackdaw were lost, though there wasn’t an FC for that part and we were rather disorganized.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage