[AAR] Ninja Roam in Delve w/Ged 2019/07/20

Should I run these types of fleets more often?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total votes: 9

Ged Sinak

[AAR] Ninja Roam in Delve w/Ged 2019/07/20

Post by Ged Sinak »

Roam members (10)
Spoiler
Auric Fulcrum - Nemesis
Edhin Delphiki
Ged Sinak - Loki
Ithugor Wells - Astero
Ky Hanomaa - Manticore
Sone Eto - Manticore
Space Warfare Development - Nemesis
William Lyon Mackenzie - Astero
YooJin Moon - Nemesis
Zkadon Estemaire - Nemesis
Kills and Losses

This fleet was originally supposed to be an Arty Rupture fleet, but we didn't get the needed numbers to make much of a dent in any enemy fleet. After a bit of debating we decided to get into covert ops ships and to go do a ninja fleet in Delve.

I had scanned Thera earlier in the day so I knew we had some awesome connections to be able to get straight into the content. We set of at around 0300 for our hole in Vli and got going on our adventure!

(03:15:36) ZUE-NS
Capsule +0.01m

We killed this pod then deposited the corpse at the sun as an offering to Bob. Ky Hanomaa lead us though this beautiful and enlightening prayer: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!"

(03:37:55) 5-CQDA
Myrmidon +67.77m

First real gank of the night. I jumped ahead of the fleet and found the Myrmidon in a haven ratting. I quickly established tackle on him as the rest of the fleet came on grid. Note: Those rats hit hard! I used an entire clip of my x-lasb just tanking the rats in the site without any agression from the Myrmidon.

Just before I tackled the Myrmidon I spotted two Rorquals mining a rock with augmented mining drones. I knew they weren't going to generate killmails, but the need to do a bomb run on them was just to great. I got the fleet into position while I positioned my Loki 30km of their rock. I had the fleet warp to me and decloak on landing. It was one of the most amazing sights seeing all the drones explode under the explosions of 6 scorch bombs (and an amazing feeling!). I think we ended up killing between 6-8 of the 10 drones (so about 300-400mil).

(04:15:21) D-W7F0, JP4-AA
Astero -120.64m
Federation Navy Comet +34.84m
Thorax +51.93m
Capsule +0.01m

As we exited the pocket we ran across a fed navy comet sitting on a gate as well as a Thorax running around between gates. One of our asteros got tackle on the fed navy comet, but he didn't live to tell the tale before the rest of the fleet could blap him.

(04:36:05) 1B-VKF
Vexor Navy Issue +82.99m
Capsule +0.01m

Sone found this VNI in a haven and I established tackle on it (nice find man!). We quickly disposed of it under the horrifying barrage of torpedos and projectile ammo.

(05:14:43) 4O-239
Thorax +31.45m
Dragoon +9.35m
Capsule +0.01m

Little skirmish at the end of the roam. We were exiting the Q-0 pocket when one of the fleet members noticed a Thorax gating. I jumped into the Thorax and immediately started applying DPS to it since I knew that if it got under my guns it would shred my ship. I quickly overheated my MWD to go the opposite direction to both pull range from his webs as well as minimize transversal so my guns could hit. Sorry for not keeping it around so everyone could get on the kill, it was just to dangerous to leave on field. The dragoon warped on field right after the Thorax died and it was quickly disposed of.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 278,372,778.96
ISK Lost: 120,639,950.46
ISK Delta: 157,732,828.5
Efficiency: 69.765%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Great roam. I had a lot of fun, and I hope that anyone that came also had a lot of fun!
    - Great teamwork and communication between the fleet members. It was harder with the no local thing, but we figured it out.
    - People knew how to active the infamous "covert ops cloaking device" when warping around
    (Negative stuff)
    - My communication as an FC got jumbled towards the end of the fleet. I should probably have a coffee for this next time it happens :P
    - Could have saved the Astero had we applied DPS to it sooner.
Sidenote: This was my first time ever running a fleet like this before. This is pretty much what I do solo all the time and it was very different having to command a fleet at the same time. Any suggestions are welcome!
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Ithugor Wells

Re: [AAR] Ninja Roam in Delve w/Ged 2019/07/20

Post by Ithugor Wells »

Proof of us bombing the Augmented Mining Drones.

Me forgetting to turn on my cap boosters against that comet certainly made it Fed. I guess I subconsciously decided it needed fattening up before you all shot it.
Laethe Fooswa

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

This looks like it was a lot of fun... and a small gang playstyle the Uni is sorely missing.
Props for forming up something new.
Ged Sinak

Post by Ged Sinak »

Also, I forgot to add the part where we tackled a gating rorqual at the beginning. We shot at it a bit before a nidhogger came to support it. I was waiting for it to light a cyno and drop a titan on us :p

We kind of did the same thing before the last engagement. Played with a Thanatos before it launched its fighters. Oh how I wish I was carrying a covert cyno that day!
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.