[AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2019.07.06 @ 19:00

B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

[AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2019.07.06 @ 19:00

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Nice fleet -
bracketed kills with significant losses.
Mostly attempted ganks some successful and others not but eventually failed when trying to bounce under gate guns for non-flashy targets. Thanks to Ares for setting up fleet as I was called away to work emergency just before shift change so i got delayed. Thanks also to the new bros, scouts, snowflakes and logi.

The banter was great but I still want the corpse that was abandoned in a wreck after being stolen. I went red to shoot a bot and lost alot of sec status for that corpse.

The bittersweet VNI kill doesn't make up for the saltiness I felt :evil: lol

Roam members (26)
Spoiler
Able Achasse - Tormentor
Abraham Schereau - Burst
Amoni Panala - Burst
Ares Dodekatheon - Merlin
Atticus Vex - Federation Navy Comet
Auric Fulcrum - Keres
Avrin Dennard - Atron
B'aldrick Aivoras - Rifter, Merlin
Esca Sinak - Merlin
Farthinder - Burst
Geollen Smith
Gergoran Moussou - Crucifier, Griffin
Gramad Aideron - Tristan
Helen Dorothy Sharman - Imicus
Ky Hanomaa - Imperial Navy Slicer
Laethe Fooswa - Maulus
Metti ar Virksen - Merlin
Mike Kingswell - Burst
O'Hearn - Slasher
Peter Pantaloons - Maulus
PsyChucky Leganjit - Atron, Merlin
Space Warfare Development - Bifrost
Tyrion Edwardes - Merlin
Vybez Kartel - Republic Fleet Firetail
YooJin Moon - Merlin
Zen Kokoro - Punisher
Kills and Losses

(20:12:17) Ouelletta
Vengeance +68.32m

(20:20:33) Agoze
Incursus +3.04m

(20:31:44) Moclinamaud
Dragoon +1.52m
Capsule +0.01m

(20:41:00) Vlillirier
Imicus -2.3m
Republic Fleet Firetail -21.97m
Tormentor -12.2m

(20:47:47) Renarelle
Capsule -0.01m

(21:02:31) Eha
Atron -3.22m
Merlin -7.73m
Tristan -10.66m
Merlin -6.91m
Crucifier -1.28m
Burst -5.29m
Burst -6.16m
Burst -11.5m
Imperial Navy Slicer -22.22m
Burst -5.29m
Rifter -5.36m
Federation Navy Comet -27.51m
Merlin -7.92m
Bifrost -128.55m

(21:46:38) Agoze
Imicus -2.55m
Vexor Navy Issue +135.42m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 208,309,721.68
ISK Lost: 288,630,312.8
ISK Delta: -80,320,591.12
Efficiency: 41.918%
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
PsyChucky Leganjit

Re: [AAR] Noobs on Patrol 2019.07.06 @ 19:00

Post by PsyChucky Leganjit »

Thanks for having me. Learned quite some things from this fleet.
Corpses are not for dibs...
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Was fun. Mike's bounty went down a bit.
9th CCI medalist

B'aldrick Aivoras

Shame on you Psychucky - what the FC says goes lol o7
Graduate
|
FCC Manager
Gergoran Moussou

Best part was the VNI's complaints in local about my ECM. My thoughts were along the lines of "I'm in a Griffin. What else would you want me to do that I actually can do?"
9th CCI medalist

Tyrion Edwardes

Post by Tyrion Edwardes »

Learned a thing or five and had fun listening to people make fun of Mike as always. Look forward to the next one!
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

PsyChucky Leganjit wrote: Corpses are not for dibs...
^this. In Eve nothing is truly yours until you park it in a highsec npc station!
Also: It dropped so if you wanted it so much you could have gone to get it!

TBH Logi didn't have much to do int he first part of the fleet.
In the fight under the gateguns we could have held out a bit better in the beginning, if people had broadcasted more :/ Had to look for quite a few names (some older ones too!) after the gategun announcement came...lost some prescious seconds that could have enabled someone to bounce.
After that though they quickly focused on logi and their dps was simply too much for the other logipilotes.
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
O'Hearn
Title: Sophomore

Post by O'Hearn »

As always, thanks to all who made the event possible.

This was my first time scouting for a fleet. It went okay, but I was left with two questions.

First, when there are two scouts, what should we be doing? +1 and +2? One on +1 in gate and one on +1 out gate? With such an experienced co-scout, I felt like a spare wheel a lot of the time.

Second, we ended up in a situation where both scouts were -1 in Martoh, (for the Punisher fleet fight in Eha). I thought the fleet had followed prey back into Kinakka, and I was helpfully calling out traffic on the Eha gate in Martoh. I thought I was warning the fleet about potential content coming their way from a long distance. Actually, I was telling them about ships exiting the current engagement! Only when I checked the system map did I realize what was going on.

I think I know what went wrong. As a fleet main, I have never had to worry about interpreting "fleet take this warp". Wherever the fleet warp is going, I know that that is where the fleet is. But as a scout, "fleet take this warp" followed by "jump, jump, jump" changes my distance from the fleet. So what happened was that I thought a "jump, jump, jump" was taking the fleet back -1 from me, when in fact it was taking the fleet forward +1 from me.

Comms were hot, and so I didn't question the situation when I first realized I was confused.

So I feel I learned valuable lessons. I got us some content early on in the roam, which was a big thrill. The scouting role is definitely something I would like to improve in.
Gergoran Moussou

Main thing that I need to improve upon is when to warp after the fleet warp so that my EWAR shows up in time to be useful but not early enough to be primary.
9th CCI medalist

Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

O'Hearn wrote: First, when there are two scouts, what should we be doing? +1 and +2? One on +1 in gate and one on +1 out gate? With such an experienced co-scout, I felt like a spare wheel a lot of the time.
You did a good job and thanks for stepping up! More potential scouts are more good (only more logi pilots are better!)!
Furthermore Co-scouting with and experienced scout is (imho) the best way to learn the trade!

In my personal experience there are several ways to run a "2+ scout solution":

1.: "One Scout + Backup":
You can have a main scout that +1's and have the additonal scout as a "pre-vanguard" and as backup. Lets say your first scout finds a target that you highly assume will kill him before fleet gets there. Instead of having the entire vanguard swamp the system a +1 in local wont spook anybody. Thus both scouts can than try to get their hooks into the targets and secure it.
Additionally that leaves the second scout as a backup in case the first one heroicly dies in the line of duty.

2.:"+1 Scout and sidescout:
First scout goes +1 on the main route of the fleet.
Second scout checks known busy sidesystems along the main route to widen the intel-sphere of the fleet and find potential targets off the main path.

3.:"+1 and -1 scout":
One +1 Scout and a -1 Scout for secure backsides.

4.:"Tandem +1 Scouts":
Havn't seen it used in a pure form too much as it highly depends on the scout pilots and fc's choice:
Both scouts hunt +1 (and even leapfrog +2) simultaniously. I have had my personal best scouting experience doing this in tandem with Auric. It is crucial for the scouts to communicate effectfly in a wisper channel (e.g.: Merlin on D- got him within 5 of planet 1" "I got him within 2 of me. Must be the small or the medium complex. Checking small, you take the medium"...). Additionally that keeps up a stream of intel towards the FC, who has to be willing and able to handle it and sort it out at the same time.

Mostly though scouting with 2 scouts is a mix of the above dependend of the scouting pilots, FC's wishes and the situations.

The effectiveness in itself is highly dependend of the communication between FC (says where he wants to go and what he wants to catch) and Scout (offering intel and possible engagements).
Adding a second scout throws inter-scout communications into the mix, making it harder but potentially more effective. Communication is key :)

For people interested in scouting:
I can highly recommand "tagging along" with a seasond scout. Use a subchannel in mumble (Fleet coms Alpha offers a scouting channel) and have him/her walk you through his/her every move.
Try it out as a "tandem" scout experience. You might spook one or two people if you dualscout but it's worth the learning experience.
Try "leapfrogging": You take one system, scout it and the other one takes the next. This takes a bit of the "time pressure" of both of you and lets you take a breath inbetween. And if you are comfortable with it you can just tandem it up!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
B'aldrick Aivoras

^^ all this - you guys did a great job.

I think it is on the FC to give you some parameters when you first start. I like to have a scout on the main route and the other as backup if they are inexperienced but if both experienced scouting side pockets is great within the mission objectives.

Relating the intel is crucial - who scout is, system, target type and location succinctly is important. In this situation being aware where the main fleet is helps with ensuring pilots can get there quickly to secure the kill.
Graduate
|
FCC Manager