[AAR] 2v2 Eve Invasion Tourney - Eve North 2nd match

Junmei Hucel-Ge
Title: Sophomore

[AAR] 2v2 Eve Invasion Tourney - Eve North 2nd match

Post by Junmei Hucel-Ge »

See round 1 for format description and ship fits https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6278628a3f

This round one ship is banned. Being inexperienced at this our pre strategy was to just do what we did last time and hope we got lucky. But our luck ran out. Out of the 16 ships they ban one each level. They banned the Ishkur . We found out what was banned when we sat down. We had no alternate plan. Being mostly a gallente pilot I am used to hybrid guns so I scrambled to find a hybrid fit so I at least knew how the ammo worked. I grabbed a ship and I still don't even remember what it was. Arts ship was not banned sonhe just grabbed the same frigate.

I obviously didn't know my ship and ammo combos well. They just stayed at distance and focused us down and we didn't have range (other than our drones which of course we didn't have as many of). We basically fumbled around due to the unfamiliar environment. They in the other hand focused my cruiser down and stayed out of my gun range. Whatever they were running armor wise mostly shrugged off our light drones. They were about as far into their armor as we were at the end of round 1 when we both died. My cruiser went down first.

Things we.lewrned.

Have an alternate plan in place and pre decide on tactics. Listen to your partner. Last night my partner said "Hey what if they ban one of our ships" to the best of our knowledge we were the only ones that used those ships and tactics. I figured they would probably ban something popular. But I have no idea how they selected. Could even have been random . I should have listened.

Also I should get more time in ships outside gallente. I can literally fly everything subcap in Gallente except one t3 ship. But I have very little experience with lazers, missiles and neuts as weapons. I should train up in some of the others.

Small gang pvp is a thing and I should practice that more in cheap ships and fits and try hopping in ships I've never flown under pressure. This will force learning .

Another skill is understanding the overview and HUD tweaking process.

Having a checklist for setup is essential.

We saw a preview of the new ammo display that would show distance and damage type they would do which would be super helpful. Short of that some cheat sheets for ammo with damage type and distance for each fit would be good. Also a basic stat sheet for each potential opponent so we could look at what best damage to apply. Fits are provided ahead so that is very doabke.
Junmei Hucel-Ge

Re: [AAR] 2v2 Eve Invasion Tourney - Eve North 2nd match

Oh other thing I mentioned in the first AAR. the last person to use the box I was on positioned the target circles behind the overview. So I initially targeted them but see my target circles. Couldn't find the selection circles causing me to take extra time finding them to apply damage and scrams. Also because our strategy was all borked up by the ship change we failed to concentrate damage on one ship at a time. A fatal flaw
Last edited by Junmei Hucel-Ge on 2019.06.25 02:19, edited 1 time in total.
Junmei Hucel-Ge

Re: [AAR] 2v2 Eve Invasion Tourney - Eve North 2nd match

Final note. I found out after the tournament was complete they had announced the ship that was banned the day before. On discord. No emails, web updates, or other notices sent to players. I bet my opponents knew. Apparently they added a pvp channel and added contestants To it but didn't send anyone a private message to say it was there. I literally saw it at 430 on Monday.