[WHC] bUt wHeRe Is the RoRq

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

[WHC] bUt wHeRe Is the RoRq

Post by Troven Smalvard »

**my usual ramble first, actual AAR is below, but deserves some credit to Kspace for flash form so I will indulge myself**

Lazy Saturday Morning, just lost a proteus by being to slow to react to a 3rd party interrupting my gank and more importantly not manual piloting properly.
I'm loping home when Macilles says "ooo there is a Rorqual in 2B1"
Quick glance at mapper and its through a K162 so he hasn’t opened into him, so I suspect its going to be POS’d up and ask as much. Nobody Rorq mines in a C2 without closing the system right….

Mac has a snoop and, nope, he’s mining, excavators out, indy mode active, the works….

It’s a Pulsar so the Heavy Shield ping goes out…. and we get 2 pilots log on to join me and Mac…

Rorq pilot cycles through, bounces to a new rock indy’s again. So hasn’t spotted our scout it seems ( or doesn’t care) few murmurs in slack, but people are either busy or hungover and not up as its 9am EU time on a Saturday, don’t get any further pilots :raritycry:
I even ask the wingspan pilot who got me if they want temp blue to get in on this since they already in the chain, but they say no way, its to big for them.

As helpful system checks, its Grey Eagles hole, have given us plenty good fights in the past, so its no roll over even if we had numbers.

Concocting further plans, we see they have 7 in the fort, so there is def going to be a response fleet.

I see HSC mumble has about 10 peepole in it and I know they are a blood thirsty lot ( and I know Bob must have delivered us a Verge Vendor Eggs hole entrance for a good reason)

I jump in their comms, it’s a little quiet and I don’t recognize anyone unfortunately, but I see max slumbering in the sleeper channel so wake him up.

We get to talking, there is no HSC standing fleet and only seems 1-2 pilot in mumble (with Mic’s at least ) but they are as keen as I knew they would be, we ping their pvp channel and LSC for good measure and get an extra couple so 4 including Max, with varying skill points.

Propose we not going to get the rorq if they are ready, but why don’t we poke him and fight the responders for fun we might get something from it.
So we get a random assortment of Shield ships and alter some fits for people can get in.
A couple BLAP caracal’s an osprey to pair up with a WHC duder and Max “can I bring my drake” - actually yes you can, we can use the links!!

As they are flying over to our in hole, we get more trickles from the pings and people in HSC general, and word of mouth people start to emerge.

By this point the rorq has been mining for about 30 mins and there is 10 in the forti so I’m not worried about our scout been seen, but fighting the inevitable Jspace timer of someone else will spot him and get there first…

As getting people joining and making way over one by one, we end up with a bit of kitchen sink as we don’t really have a brawly shield doctrine in T1 its make and match.

We finally end up with
-5 logi in ospreys - some PVP some Harvetser – thank you John Parmlee for volunteering Logi FC
-2 drakes
-3 ferox – some kiting some FCC
A cane
6 BlAP-ish caracles
And a few stealth bombers, because wormhole life

Big thanks to those running modules and ships to dorm from ALI to get arrivals into ships from contracts and personal stashes

Obviously form up takes some time ( i had to collect a delivery and take a couple of calls my self so ducking in and out to start)
We get to undocking and align to start going, when of course, “hes pulled drones and depo and alaigning to the fort…” from Macilles
He’s docked,
- 1 in citadel
BUGGER
This was literally as we undocked in Innu, so maybe they had eye’s down chain? early warning? and wasn’t completely oblivious?

Well, wasn’t confident were going to kill him anyway so lets go over and just be loud in their home and fight anyway, by now they have 10 other pilots in the fort, since we are in T1 its prob still a good fight

I jump in a small vanguard leaving logi and caracal’s on the hole behind, so not to make it too easy to read, and proceed to gimp local.
They eventually get the idea, and say they will form asking what we brought.
I tell no lies and 15/16 dudes in T1 mainly Cruisers and some BCs

They undock a machariel and a few things and redock, then send a scout to check out if I was lying.
Rule one, I wouldn’t believe me either, he stays their side and since we are only 5 visible bring through a few extras so it looks like we are trickling.
Crow doesn’t by it and eventually jumps through to check what we have on the other side – so they have full knowledge of our comp and numbers ( I’m Euni honour bound to tell the truth in arranged brawl anyway :angel4: , not the point )

They have been fighting in LoSec and are coming back, so now I’m wondering how many they will bring since 10 in the hole plus the fleet from LS will outnumber us and likely bling-y-ier ships, but we brought T1 for YOLO for a reason so were not leaving,

Eventually they come out..

Actual AAR..

Praxis is first but warps ahead of the group, which is being relayed as leshak, half a dozen drekavics and guardians
Praxis lands at zero, and vanguard forces him through in hull, on the other side we bubble up and the other fleet half go to grab, ,but he MJD’s to safety – its at this point I realise, I don’t know what BLAP fits are very much and that they have no tackle :shock: , so our only scram is our sabre which we don’t want to lose early.

Trigs and Guards land at zero as well and immediately jump, as armour fit they want out of the pulsar, vanguard chases.

Pick a guardian as primary first before they can burn off, he almost holding but when webs get on him we finally manage to break through reps just in time before RLMLs on the caracals go to reload.

Only a solo guard left I want to know can we break the trigs and go after a dreakavic he is def breaking and jumps through the hole to safety
Start on the next dreakavic we have some split dps but logi holiding us up fine even with the squishier kitey ships,
Praxis has rejoined, and logi reports his neuts are hurting so we go for a switch since he was already low EHP from before
They all start jumping back as we are holding with overwhelming logi and they are breaking slowly

Oh’Leaders sabre alt gets through in time to stop some runners and we try spread the minimal tackle we have, Leshak is almost out the bubble but Pink manages to get an OH’d point on him long enough for the swarm to get there, and I grab a drek, both of which succumb, the rest extract.

While we loot the field the crow pilot makes a multi box error and gives us a free kill
We are told fun’s over and we go home with some GF’s and spoils.

Battle report

+ves,

* HSC and LSC “we don’t care about dying lets just shoot things, we're on our way” <3
* Happy with my target calling and managing fleet polarization
* Top scooting, and macilles got rewarded
* Cobbling together anything to get us in ships to get new people in a Wormhole fighting for first time for some is always worth the effort
* Logi all over the ball, we only traded a single kiting ferox in a brawl great switching reps.
Had nearly all links (even if I can’t remember proper names, nut go shield hardener/gofast/tackle stuff links got)

-ves
* I don’t know other uni doctrines outside WHC at all, would have helped
*Moar tackle! (see above)
*we ended up with the 1’s and 2’s with a much bigger fleet than was first expecting and our engagement profile changed and I didn’t keep track of that
* I kept forgetting to activate links on field
* I've been away a while and forgot how to drive, lost my favorite proteus :cry:

* NO RORQUAL KM :sadder face:

I had a lot of fun, I hope everyone else did!

PVP payouts will be on the way soon :TM:

========================================================================================

Epilogue
Grey Eagles CEO convo’d me after for post fight chatter. It had been his RorQ, he had docked because of phone calls not because of our fleet.
He hadn’t planned to stop and would have been back out and our local piping up was the first they knew. He came back after call and the fight to the aftermath.
With our final comp, and 5 logi, would have actually been interesting to see how holding the field would have been against a proper response….. Next time
ImageImage ImageImage
Mike Kingswell

Re: [WHC] bUt wHeRe Is the RoRq

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Great response for a lazy sunday afternoon with some grand content. Always fun to represent some HSC on a WHC op :)
The actuall fight felt quite good: Logi held without much of a problem (<3 logilove) and target calling was on point. No confusion and a simple "next - kill -next -kill"rythem just like you want it to be!

Burchers bill was quite impressive considering we only lost 1 Ferox and were mostly in t1/t2 BLAP Caracals with some addons!

Was promised a Rorq. Sad times!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Pink Kondur

Post by Pink Kondur »

Nice one, good read!
Both my point and MWD were at ~80% heat when the leshak finally died, so i wouldn't have been able to hold him much longer.
Got rewarded with final blow on it for that i guess :D

Thanks to Troven for fc'ing and Macilles for finding content and the clear communication on their movement, you see kids, scouting pays! (and pays handsomely in this case!)
Macilles

Post by Macilles »

Great write up!

Thanks for the fc, it was great seeing everyone pool together :)
Last edited by Macilles on 2019.07.05 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Amoni Panala

Post by Amoni Panala »

I had never even been in a wormhole before and when I heard I needed to get myself over to WHC, I thought to myself, "why not?" I didn't even see the pings on slack, O'Hearn just dropped it in the LSC channel that everyone should go to WHC if they want some good excitement. I had no idea why we were going there, but I listened in comms as Troven directed everyone. I wasn't sure if it was WTs or what, but I'm so glad I went. I got to be a logi pilot in real combat for the first time (the only other time I had flown logi was for a QRF that folded before any fighting happened). It was a lot of fun and now I know that I will definitely spend time at WHC when I can.

Thanks to Troven for being FC, for being patient with all of us k-space plebians who didn't understand what was going on. Thanks to John for FC'ing us logi pilots. Thanks to Yto for helping me get to the WHC when I couldn't figure out how wormhole entrances work.

I've only been playing 30 days and I've already engaged in fights across three campuses. Y'all really know how to show the new girl how to have fun in EVE.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

Thanks to Troven for leading us, he is always very patient and clear, making it very easy to follow his orders.
Thanks to Macilles for the good find, if it weren't for a matter of seconds we might have had a different, bigger fight.
The Rorq pilot seems to have been mining in a very careless way, but I'm not really complaining how the fight went, especially after the result!

The response to the ping was excellent and Max did a really good job at making HSC a part of this operation, and the real wonder is getting the numbers for such a big fleet in such a short time.

Logi wing did a great job, thanks to John for commanding it and thanks to everyone else who was patient and attentive during our little impromptu drills. They played a big part on our combat readiness and the result was a single loss during a very close range brawl with heavy hitting opposition.

For the most part everything went well, the only real risk was being a little light on tackle. It's also expected from more experienced pilots to not just copy the doctrine, but to always have some mods at hand to grant a bit of flexibility to the comp that the FC can field. As a result, the lesson to take home from this: always carry spare tackle mods if you are headed to PVP!

Overall the day was won, the memes were on point and the content was good!
Until next time, fly fun!

Yto Itinen
ImageImage
ImageImage

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

thanks for all the replies, was a bit of a feel good AAR after being unable to log in for a month and losing 2 T3s in the same day, should maybe have relearned the buttons first, but only isk

favorite is this though
Amoni Panala wrote:
I've only been playing 30 days and I've already engaged in fights across three campuses. Y'all really know how to show the new girl how to have fun in EVE.
you are definitely doing EVE Uni right, can't recommend enough to any new corp members reading, get your self around try all the campuses try all the things, see what you enjoy, there's lots to offer . Jump in the chat channels or mumble, people are always happy to help you find a way to get there if its your first times trying to get to a new one.

And don't forget you can be a member of as many or all as you want and wander between them on your whim
ImageImage ImageImage
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

Congrats on the good fight! It looks like you guys found some good folks to shoot at.

You didn't have enough in your comp to dent a correctly-fit rorq, so it's probably just as well you got the honor brawl. A good start for figuring out whether your fleet can take down a rorq is "do we do 50k dps as a group?" - if yes, you're in good shape, if no, you probably won't get it even if they have no response force at all, as that is sort of the minimum needed to break it in a reasonable time and Rorqs can have damage drones.
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!