(19:41:01) Loes
Tristan +2.99m

Scouts tackled a Algos
(19:57:48) Aubenall
Algos +12.75m

Couldn't get to B'aldrick in time
(20:26:42) Nisuwa
Slasher -8.32m

Dex tackled a tristen in a plex and a worm jumped into us. we tried for the worm then turned back when he out ran us and went for the tristen.Leshak landed on the gate as most of us had jumped in.
(20:37:30) Abune, Heydieles
Merlin -1.1m
Griffin -0.63m
Capsule -0.01m
Tristan +6.39m

I have no idea
(20:58:04) Old Man Star
Merlin -6.19m

On the way back to Amy band A Part gave us a gift.
(21:14:56) Melmaniel
Vigil Fleet Issue +125.73m

Attempt on a Kikimora in a plex
(21:20:47) Ouelletta
Atron -4.19m
Merlin -5.06m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 147,866,555.07
ISK Lost: 25,492,539.84
ISK Delta: 122,374,015.23
Efficiency: 85.295%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    Dex's first try at scouting..he did amazing.
    Good job by the scout over all
    (Negative stuff)
    Some confusion at abune/Hey gate when it became target rich.
    We burnt out prop mods

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Trading for 6 years in Eve.
Nelliver Cadigal
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR]BLAP Merlins 8/4/2019

Post by Nelliver Cadigal »

Again a mostly well organised fleet with clear and calm commands. I always feel if command is clear and straight forward comms discipline is good. Yet still this was an entertaining fleet with the right amount of banter in between. There were one or two moments when location of scouts was not immediately clear leading to navigation mishaps or near mishaps. These things happen in the heat of battle and will be probably get less with experience.
Would fly again with this bunch if time allows!
Image Image Image Image
Dexyr Sulvara

Post by Dexyr Sulvara »

Thanks, was a great fleet.
Shout out to Auric Fulcrum for showing me the ropes last week as a backup scout, got to see how things work, and B'aldrick this week for the help! Scouting seems to work great in tandem, felt like we had a wider net.
Past solo roaming in frigates in lowsec definitely helped me get into a groove for scouting, probably lost 50+ ships there, highly recommend it, great learning opportunity!

Looking forward to scouting again, will definitely help improve concise, accurate communication, as well as avoiding tunnel vision once a targets been located.
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

Again a very well organized roam, with leadership and scouts doing very well.
I feel the scouts worked together in an amazing way, especially on the Vigil Fleet issue tackle :)

A bit on confusion on the gate when the Worm and Leshak dropped on the fleet, which was emphasized by the scout calling point on another target at a plex at the same time.
I think we can form a protocol where the vanguard and the one logi vanguard always react only to the scout calls, leaving the rest of the fleet for the FC to command as need arise. Nevertheless, even in that situation, we did well and got a kill.

By the time these fleets go on, we will get more comfortable taking gate guns and how to proceed in that case. Good practice include the Ewar waiting before applying jams, to let the merlins take the guns first, and the logi prelocking fc and other logi to avoid nasty surprises. Generally, with 3 or 4 logi, merlin fleets can sustain gate guns almost indefinitely. So if we see a slow, blingy ship landing, we can blap them :)

Overall, the quality of the fleet has improved, I'm looking forward to the roam scheduled for tomorrow!

o/
ImageImage
ImageImage

47 Armer

Post by 47 Armer »

Again great fleet. Clear commands and well organised. Thank you Tal.

Side note :

Got my griffin blown up because of my own stupidity : I misunderstood our scouts. Thought they were on a gate or non-gated complex, but is was a gated complex. Wanted to stay close to my optimal so I jumped in at 20k and landed 20k from warpgate as a Leshak desided to join the fun. In stead of warping of to a safe, as every normal pilot would do, in stead the red mist descended and so i decided to take on the Leshak solo in a griffin... Which worked out well for the Leshak...
Nixxim Saren

Post by Nixxim Saren »

This was super fun, it was my first bit of PVP, thanks for making sure I could come along!

I don't have much experience to give advice but I wanted to let you know I had a great time!
Image Image Image Image Image