[AAR] Tuesday Night USTZ ROAM "Evil Eye"

Fogsworth

[AAR] Tuesday Night USTZ ROAM "Evil Eye"

Post by Fogsworth »

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=112769

Things I learned:
• Reshipping went faster - Ichoriya stock was great! Much better than previous fleets.
• I didn't consider the aggression timers when playing gate games. Having fewer people aggress might have produced a better outcome
• I think I got the balance of cat/mouse about right; we dodged a few whelpings.
• I really thought about Penelore's feedback that whelping is ok if it serves a purpose (eg, learning). Ok to take a whelp to learn what the fleet can do.
• I'm starting to be able to think actively about positioning more as we fight or as I anticipate other folks dropping in

Roam members (22)
Spoiler
African Cerna - Merlin
Ana'ander Lamora - Merlin
Auric Fulcrum - Bantam, Merlin
Caleb Wihunglo - Bantam, Burst
Dairek Alamari - Merlin
Enigmatic Online - Rifter, Condor
Fogsworth - Merlin
Ged Sinak - Griffin
Ithugor Wells - Burst
Juja Sadaan - Merlin
Kier Lak - Merlin
Ky Hanomaa - Griffin
Miccio Kaku - Merlin, Burst
Neemo Beer - Merlin
Penelore - Bantam
Quebec man - Merlin
RfBurn Machiavelli - Merlin
Satoshi Tomeii - Merlin
Segdae Aldurald - Slasher, Merlin
Space Warfare Development - Atron, Nemesis
William Lyon Mackenzie - Merlin
kayimbo
Kills and Losses

This was an AFK Atron, I don't think he did anything. I learned there is a relatively large status ding for killing non-flashy pods in LS.
Quebec man refunded him and sent him a nice mail about euni. (thank you!)

(02:48:03) Renarelle
Atron +0.54m
Capsule +0.01m

Zlippery Pete
(02:54:10) Oicx
Algos +6.49m

This was an interesting one and I learned a bunch about fighting on two sides of the gate.
It started with a non-flashy Tengu following us. We were expecting the Oracle to show up and the Tengu wasn't engaging so we took the Oracle when he jumped through. He crashed gate and we followed - with many folks stuck due to aggression timers. This is the main thing I learned on this fight - manage aggression so you can better handle both sides of the gate.
On the other side we continued to engage the Oracle but a Slepnir and Rorqual! showed up (unrelated to the Oracle I believe) and started picking us apart. We got through the Oracles shield but were loosing folks quickly enough I called to scatter.
I think this was a legit 3-way opportunistic fight
The Tengu later finished off the Oracle but we did 2/3 of the total damage.

Not sure what different to have done here from a target selection perspective - I don't think switching to the Tengu/Rorqual or Slepnir would have lead to a different outcome. Having fewer people aggress on the first side would have helped to apply more damage to the Oracle.

(03:10:38) Oicx, Eha
Bantam -5.67m
Bantam -2.39m
Merlin -4.83m
Merlin -4.83m
Merlin -4.8m
Merlin -6.87m
Merlin -4.85m
Oracle +59.75m

(03:36:39) Nennamaila
Rifter -5.69m

(03:48:21) Rakapas
Slasher -5.42m

Fleet didn't show up in time. At this point we switched to a more traditional vanguard approach, having lost our 3-person scout team.
(04:02:57) Kedama
Condor -3.77m
Atron -5.26m

(04:21:50) Heydieles
Merlin -5.48m

Last fight of the day - trying to crack a Harbinger. We tried to catch him on a plex but didn't, then arranged a fight at the sun. There was some concern he was smartbomb fit so had the fleet engage at 7500 while we figured out he wasn't. At first it was just the Harbinger but after he was jammed up solid his buddy came in with a Praxis. We were making steady progress on the Harbinger and I tried to keep focus on there but the Praxis and drones were too disruptive. Eventually we lost enough DPS that we couldn't crack the Harbinger (likely dual-reppd).

A better approach would have been to keep the Harbinger scram/jammed and bring down the Praxis, then return to the Harbringer. Unless he had more help we could have just continued to pile on him.

(04:28:30) Murethand, Heydieles
Merlin -4.86m
Merlin -7.66m
Dragoon +12.78m
Merlin -8.67m
Condor -7.89m
Griffin -3.23m
Burst -2.55m
Burst -2.55m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 79,561,600.82
ISK Lost: 97,281,177.68
ISK Delta: -17,719,576.86
Efficiency: 44.99%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff) Had some good engagements and folks got to try scout and logi. Always happy to help folks try out new roles. I had my first real cross-gate fight. Kept the complex situations in my head throughout. Didn't get cornered into a fight I didn't want.
    (Negative stuff) Lost more scouts/content than I would have liked. dodged more fights than I would have liked (but fun in it's own right too). Didn't get the Oracle or Harbinger.