[AAR] BLAP Merlins @ 27-03-2019

Ares Dodekatheon
Title: HSC Manager, Lieutenent, Graduate

[AAR] BLAP Merlins @ 27-03-2019

Post by Ares Dodekatheon »

Not a bad start at all.
We formed at Amygnon - Citadel 101 right on time.
After the Newbro speech and last arrangements on the composition have been settled we undocked and headed to LowSec through Ouelletta.

Roam members (34)
Spoiler
47 Armer
Ares Dodekatheon - Merlin
Asuka Rossi - Griffin
Auric Fulcrum - Atron
B'aldrick Aivoras - Merlin
Caleb Wihunglo
Chrispin - Merlin
Ergan Eto
Esca Sinak - Merlin
Etra Ellecon - Atron, Federation Navy Comet
Glen Burney - Maulus
Glenrowan - Merlin
Henlex Dorne - Merlin
John Korhonen - Merlin
Kelle Damage - Merlin
Kiuna McGullygosh - Merlin
Kordun Naskingar - Merlin
Ky Hanomaa - Griffin
Lost Eagle1 - Merlin
MakoWesst - Merlin
Marcel Eriker - Harpy
Mike Kingswell - Vigil Fleet Issue
Phileas Levesque - Merlin
Shauny Tsero
Shieva Ann
Sulman Iq - Merlin
Torg Navatin - Burst
Turlough Dominian - Merlin
Urban Oxide - Merlin
Wylex Cross - Merlin
Yto Itinen - Merlin
Zeerse Solaris - Merlin
Zoltan Irvam - Merlin
zusake Stetille - Merlin
Kills and Losses

Our +1 Scout Auric Fulcrum found us quick gank.

(19:13:57) Ouelletta
Vexor +9.48m

(19:24:20) Heydieles
Coercer +20.44m

(19:30:48) Nagamanen
Algos +3.8m

While the main fleet was in Hirri Auric reported for a Hecate, Kikomora and a Comet at Pynekastoh. As Auric sliding in a Medium Outpost we jumped into the system. Comet warped out but the Hecate came in. By the time our fleet was landing on the acceleration gate. The timing was very good and we managed to take down the Hecate.

(19:48:47) Pynekastoh
Hecate +88.18m

Just seconds after the fleet jumped into the Aldranette scout reported Osprey, Caracal x 4, Cerberus, Jaguar landing in our ingate. We quickly warped to the Vlillirier gate. As soon as we land scout reported that they are jumping in. We waited for them orbiting the gate at 7.500km. As they broke their gate cloaks the fight began. As I lost my ship Urban took over my position and did an excellent job. First the two Caracals went down, then the Osprey. The Jaguar warped off and left the field. Fleet easily took down the last Caracal down.

(19:57:25) Aldranette
Merlin -8.29m
Merlin -23.46m
Cerberus +302.38m
Griffin -0.72m
Merlin -14.34m
Caracal +18.8m
Caracal +28.88m
Merlin -5.04m
Osprey +58.13m
Caracal +19.86m
Capsule -0.01m

We reshipped at Ichoriya and took some break then headed back to Amygnon using the Less Secure route.

Auric found us a Tristan in a novice. It was an easy kill.

Tristan +2.27m

On the way to Vlillirier we received intel about an Apoc sitting on outside of a small. Our scout Mike Kingswell tried to catch it but the Apoc first mjd'ed then warped out.

Auric reported; Algos, Atron, Comet in a small at Vlillirier. As our scouts sliding we jumped into the system and then warped to the small.
Although we jumped early we couldn't get there in time to save Mike. But we took down the Comet and the Algos.

(20:35:22) Vlillirier
Vigil Fleet Issue -19.82m
Federation Navy Comet +19.89m
Algos +7.47m

Scout found us a Vexor in a Large at Vey. We jumped in and tried to get it but as it was a long warp (Almost 41 AU) we could not manage to get there in time and Auric lost his Atron.

(20:42:56) Vey
Atron -3.85m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 579,591,231.29
ISK Lost: 75,552,098.65
ISK Delta: 504,039,132.64
Efficiency: 88.468%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    A great job by the fleet. Everyone kept up with fleet commands.
    Scouts did an excellent job and secured lots of kills for us. Logi did a great job of trying to keep everyone up.
    (Negative stuff)
    I really had hard times to receive the recon as two scouts talking over each other.
    I should organize the scouts better or I should use only one +1, at least for a while.
    I should not hesitate while giving commands.
    And I also need to work on target calling.
More roams, more experience, more fun.

Thanks everyone for participating in this fleet. Please do not forget to add your own comments and feedback.

See you soon... in another fleet :smug:
Macte animo! Generose puer sic itur ad astra.
Etra Ellecon

Re: [AAR] BLAP Merlins @ 27-03-2019

Post by Etra Ellecon »

Good fleet but I agree there were too many scouts and it was confusing at times.
Torg Navatin
Campus Manager
Campus Manager
Title: Community Coordinator (WHC), Graduate

Post by Torg Navatin »

Etra Ellecon wrote:Good fleet but I agree there were too many scouts and it was confusing at times.
Would it make sense to have the scouts whisper "dull" info in the Command channel and switch to talking to the whole fleet when "shit gets real"?

To me it felt like with two scouts the pace was better than with a single scout trying to find needles in the haystack of plexes (but then it was a good/busy night apparently, anyway).
ImageImage
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

ty very much for the fleet

I think you did prittie awesome 10/10 would attend again
in terms of scouts they did awesome job, as for numbers the 2-3 scouts was fine since we where roaming around with 30+ sized fleet
For the amount of peeps in comm's it was prittie good communication wise, a few times could of done with a break break we are whispering or something to that effect but overall was great ive heard far worse on smaller fleets where the comms where just totally not working but for the hour i was there last night i felt was manageable.

The pace of the fleet was good didn't feel like we where lingering too long in one place , and something i really liked was you where prittie spot on at keeping us up with the scouts sometimes on fleets we are like a jump behind and i feel frustrated but i didn't feel frustrated last night.

at the start of fleet you where a bit overly jumpy calling for us to jump b4 scout had called for it/landed the point but you quickly bounced back from that and calmed down and bam stuff died and fun was had <3

for the caracel small fleet engagement was a terrible shame you got headshotted that would of been awesome practice and a good opportunity for reflection after words on what went good and what went bad, props to them for taking the fight

and then shortly i went to bed after the caracel engagement so missed the rest of fleet, but again ty for fleet look forward to more of them
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

It's probably a pure bad luck for FC to get head shot, or it is Intel/spies. But what FC can do to avoid it is to decloak a bit later than the rest if the fleet.
If you had logies, they should decloak 2-3 seconds late. Same the FC can do. If there 30 Merlin's on grid, even if opponents want to shoot the fc it will be a bit harder and longer. Also, call your logies to prelock you: this is absolutely fine and fair.

Regarding scouts: always try to have more than 1 scout. As people told already: don't be afraid to call "check-check" to get comma clear and later call specific scout pilot name to report.

And if you have new scouts (in training) please do set YOUR expectation and call them if they don't follow. You might have to do that 2-3 times before they learn.
If you have experienced scouts, instead, ask them for advise, but identify problem you have: they usually get back to order themselves.

Lots of content, good fleet!
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Post by Budda Sereda »

2 more things.
In a fleet of 30+ pilots, I'd encourage to get at least 2-3 logies: that will give you better options fighting on gates.
Consider sending vanguard (1-2 Merlin's) to help Atron tackling something they can be easily killed with.
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

I really liked your style Ares. The fleet was well set up and moved well. The Caracal engagement showed great awareness and target calling. I think Budda is correct with the numbers we had a vanguard would've been good to support the scouts without spiking the system too much. Great to see other FC's in the EUTZ. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

I had a blast.
You did great in issuing clear targetcalling and such Ares and kept a good pace for the fleet.

I can see how 2 scouts might have been a bit much at times. That being said we did keep wispering "dull" stuff to eachother already so you got the condensed parts ^^'. Personally I felt Auric and me had a good pace with scouting together (maybe a tad fast at times) and together with a bit of luck managed to find a lot of trouble for us :)!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Ares Dodekatheon
Title: HSC Manager, Lieutenent, Graduate

Post by Ares Dodekatheon »

Mike Kingswell wrote:I had a blast.
You did great in issuing clear targetcalling and such Ares and kept a good pace for the fleet.

I can see how 2 scouts might have been a bit much at times. That being said we did keep wispering "dull" stuff to eachother already so you got the condensed parts ^^'. Personally I felt Auric and me had a good pace with scouting together (maybe a tad fast at times) and together with a bit of luck managed to find a lot of trouble for us :)!
You guys were amazing. :thumbright:

The comms is something that I have to deal with.
Macte animo! Generose puer sic itur ad astra.
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

I learned this was your first fleet as FC and I still can't believe it! The movement speed was good, the group remained compact.

Having two scouts had positives and negatives: on one hand, they worked well as a small vanguard, but on the other, sometimes their communication was a bit hard to understand (we jumped early and spiked local a couple of times).

2IC also did a good job taking over, we focused very well and won a good fight with the caracal gang.
Overall a good and exciting fleet, maybe having a vanguard and a logi that goes with them might save our scout at the last minute.

Overall, we had fun and it was a nice experience :)

o/
ImageImage
ImageImage