Segdae Aldurald - Tormentor
Space Warfare Development - Crucifier
Tye Califax - Tormentor
Vors Voorhorian - Tormentor
William Lyon Mackenzie - Tormentor
YooJin Moon - Rifter
kayimbo - Griffin
Kills and Losses

Hmmmm... must have left someone on gate not paying close attention. Smashing start Pene... My bad... sorry sir :oops:

(02:16:24) Ouelletta
Navitas -2.99m

(02:22:54) Ouelletta
Capsule -19.82m

Scouts caught a Tristan plexing... we blobbed with the mighty force of Assassin Snails.

(02:29:13) Kedama, Okkamon
Tristan +30.85m
Condor +1.19m

A Brutix wanted to rumble. I was afraid of engaging him for a quick minute... then i looked at my webs. We blobbed him on the gate, he was flashy.
I was pleasently surprised at the melt on this one. I expected more from you Brutix.

(02:40:14) Asakai, Onatoh
Tormentor -5.34m
Crucifier -5.19m
Tormentor -4.56m
Rifter -5.5m
Brutix +52.36m
Tormentor -4.56m
Tormentor -5.05m
Capsule -0.01m

We ganked a catalyst. Those guys really need ganking I think. Aren't their nickname Gankalyst? There were two... we missed one.

(02:49:31) Rakapas
Catalyst +11.55m
Capsule +0.04m

Another gank here... scouts were really starting to work well. Backup tackles were on time...

(03:21:36) Okkamon
Dragoon +10.23m

And thusly through our travels we hath arrived at Valhalla. So lemme tell yah a story...

Fleet's been out for 1.5 hours and we are otw to Tama via Nenn. The celestial constellations knowns as Valhalla Major and Minor. For a while we hung out of system while we got eyes on the neighborhood. My biggest threat in system was a big shiny Macharial and he was hogging all the good parking spots. Finally he pulled out to go get some TAMAles and left me with a Hyperion, Kiki and Punisher on grid. Might have been some other small tackle poking around too. Well... let's see what this shiny new toy can do.

I'd say the Hyperion was breaking ok and I didn't mind trading with the kiki. I told my logi to get on the opposite side of the field from the Kiki but it didn't much matter, they all popped fast. A confessor landed but by now I was committed. I locked up the fessor but he was a bit far to range and I didn't have any rifters left on grid. So onwards Hyperion... burn this motha

Annnnnnd then the Mach landed. Pop Pop Pop... ahhh crap guys... ok Scatter Scatter Scatter. Some of us went home. Peace my evebros o7

(03:46:09) Nennamaila, Enaluri
Rifter -3.24m
Griffin -1.04m
Navitas -1.7m
Rifter -3.23m
Inquisitor -4.28m
Navitas -1.96m
Tormentor -4.56m
Tormentor -4.57m
Navitas -1.96m
Tormentor -6.99m

The Good: I'm welping and not hyperventilating. All is progressing nicely.
The Bad: I'm engaging baitey Hyperions and calling targets like a noobsauce.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 106,216,736.12
ISK Lost: 86,546,239.45
ISK Delta: 19,670,496.67
Efficiency: 55.102%

Thanks for coming pilots o7
Falling Snow KumaMoto

Re: [AAR] Monday NoP - Proto Fleet 032519

Post by Falling Snow KumaMoto »

This fleet was a ton of fun, thanks much for organizing it and taking us out there.

This was the first time I died to gate guns! Now I feel like I'm finally getting into PvP properly. I did remember to warp off to drop gate gun aggro... sadly, I "warped to" the gate we were fighting on. Slowboating did not help my situation. I'm not sure, but I think I heard the gate gunners laughing. :)

Great times, thanks again!
ImageImage Image ImageImage
MakoWesst

Post by MakoWesst »

I had a lot of fun on this fleet. It was my first fleet roam and I learned a ton. My blood was pumping on the engagement with the Mach and I'm hooked now. We had a great FC! Can't wait to do it again. Thanks!
Etra Ellecon

Post by Etra Ellecon »

Great fleet Penelore!
Breeze One
Title: Lieutenant, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Breeze One »

Was a nice fleet Pen, thanks!

Very calm and smooth FC’ing, great teaching too.

Just for everyone though it’s interesting to look at the Hyperion. I heard on comms a few people suggesting it was dying until the other ships killed us. That, is almost certainly “bait tanking” - where a pilot under-uses his active tank to make it seem like he’s dying, so you stick around on grid for longer.

Hyperions get a bonus to armor repair modules, and as a result, they are almost always flown with at least 2 large armor reppers, and in Low Sec, very often 3. In fact, the last Hyperion lost by that pilot was indeed a triple rep fit.

The triple rep Hyperion reps 2k EHP/s cold, and with implants/drugs/overheating can hit almost 4K. It’s also cap stable so long as it has cap boosters.

I’ve seen (and led) a lot of Uni fleets that tried engaging Hyperions and I don’t believe we’ve ever actually killed one with frigates. The DPS output even from 20 max skill T1 frigates just isn’t enough (especially when being picked off by the Kiki as well). If he looked like he was slowly dying, it was most likely because he was only using one repair module to trick us into staying around while his Machariel friend came back.

That’s not to say that we shouldn’t have taken the fight! I was very happy when Pen decided to go into this one (yey content!) and there’s always the chance that something happens - either someone third parties, or the Kiki/Fessor screws up and gets caught etc etc. But it’s good to realize when we’re being baited, and appreciate the abilities of the fleet vs other fits.

Great fleet for my first one back!
Penelore

Post by Penelore »

Thanks a lot for the feedback Breeze.
Noted on the trip-rep Hyperion. I agree, I think the real missed opportunity in that one was not hitting the confessor even though it was at range. If we all peeled off and charged it like a bunch of rabid snails he might have freaked out and made a mistake.