AAR Sunday LowSec Roam "bacon milkshake" 2019.3.24-19:00

Fogsworth

AAR Sunday LowSec Roam "bacon milkshake" 2019.3.24-19:00

Post by Fogsworth »

https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 6&t=112671

Overall, despite the two whelpings I felt better about this fleet than my first one. I worked on talking more (give me feedback on this please) and on watching the overall situation rather than focusing on my own DD role.

Roam members (16)
Spoiler
Alf Saissore - Atron, Crucifier Navy Issue, Punisher
Auric Fulcrum - Bantam, Griffin
B'aldrick Aivoras - Merlin
Esca Sinak - Merlin
Fogsworth - Merlin
Ky Hanomaa - Merlin, Griffin
Psychotic Fickity - Merlin
Rale Olerie - Burst
Segdae Aldurald - Merlin
Vrebor Gamir - Merlin
William Lyon Mackenzie - Merlin
Wylex Cross - Merlin
YooJin Moon - Merlin
Yto Itinen - Merlin
Zeerse Solaris - Merlin
kayimbo - Condor, Kestrel
Kills and Losses

This started with a flashy Enyo landing on gate that we tried to grab. He got through and his friends arrived shortly after, starting with a Succubus.
For some reason I thought we weren't damaging the Succubus quickly enough so switched to the Hookbill. After the Hookbill was brought down we tried for the Hawk. We had lost our Logi at that point and I should have scattered a bit earlier. And stayed on the Succubus, originally.
Video: https://youtu.be/xB5G573x6ww

(19:48:36) Moclinamaud
Burst -3.89m
Merlin -4.79m
Merlin -4.67m
Bantam -9.27m
Merlin -6.75m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +32.42m
Merlin -12.49m
Merlin -7.37m
Merlin -11.49m
Merlin -4.9m
Merlin -11.83m
Merlin -4.71m
Atron -6.94m

I had just come back from being DC'd. Fight started engaging a flashy Retribution on the Frarie gate. A flashy Pilgrim landed shortly after. We kept focus on the Retribution until he jumped out and then turned to the Pilgrim. A slicer came in as well but didn't engage and burned out (But didn't warp off) After dealing with it, the Retribution came back. When we engaged the Retribution the slicer that had broke off earlier came in and seems to have fallen to gate guns instead of us.
Video: https://youtu.be/Aitmj23sp2w

(20:23:26) Vey
Condor -2.74m
Pilgrim +296.71m
Imperial Navy Slicer +55.19m
Retribution +50.03m
Capsule +0.01m

Here we got whelped by a group of Hecatates. I chose to engage the one on our side of the gate to try and get a jump on them before the group came through. I failed to consider gate guns, despite my earlier lecture on them :P
https://youtu.be/5XN-oIsfYZs

(20:50:00) Oicx
Merlin -4.64m
Merlin -3.83m
Merlin -11.86m
Capsule -0.01m

Landed on a group in a plex - Hawk, Merlin, FNC, Slicer, Wolf. I landed poorly and then I called to engage the Wolf which was relatively far away from the blob. It didn't fare well.
https://youtu.be/5XN-oIsfYZs

(21:18:28) Akidagi
Atron -4.55m
Merlin +7.93m
Merlin -4.67m
Merlin -5.3m
Merlin -5.09m
Merlin -8.12m
Merlin -4.59m
Merlin -6.89m
Merlin -10.28m

We dodged around a relatively large gang in this area. Played cat and mouse for a bit and avoided being the mouse.

One fleet member remained behind in the pocket we explored while avoiding Tama and got ganked.

(21:38:19) Nennamaila
Crucifier Navy Issue -36.34m

We did get to Tama eventually but were too small at that point to engage anything there. Tama was pretty busy. Almost 3 hours in, we headed back to Juff at speed.

Small group we found on the way home
(21:59:27) Notoras, Kedama
Kestrel -3.21m
Condor +0.57m
Tormentor +1.88m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 444,739,202.83
ISK Lost: 201,231,202.66
ISK Delta: 243,508,000.17
Efficiency: 68.848%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff) Fun was had, we had a few good fights and the Pilgrim engagement went really smoothly. Pilgrim was extra blingy. Rale got to try Logi and got some mentoring from Auric. Avoided at least one larger-gang whelping near Tama.
    (Negative stuff) Few whelpings that could have been avoided with better fleet management. Content was a bit far between on this fleet.
Urban Oxide
Title: Wreathe or Bust, Teacher, Graduate

Re: AAR Sunday LowSec Roam "bacon milkshake" 2019.3.24-19:00

Post by Urban Oxide »

Nice AAR.

I had the pleasure of listening in to this fleet like a naughty hamster. I must say your comms discipline, directions, and manner were top notch and extremely clear.

You had that fleet in the palm of your hand throughout.

gj sir
Psychotic Fickity
Orientation Manager
Orientation Manager

Post by Psychotic Fickity »

I have to say this was very well organized, and well done.
I thought how you all thought i would die when they aggressed me on the gate was funny. I made it out because they didnt snare/tackle me.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Really enjoyed this fleet Fogsworth. You have a natural leadership style that pulls people in and get them to perform optimally. Of course we all need more experience, myself especially, but keep taking out fleets. o7
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

Compliments on the clarity of the orders and fleet movement, it went well and we avoided gatecamps and fights we couldn't take.

I feel a third logi would have given more flexibility of engagements, especially after we ended up taking gate guns anyway. A fleet with 3 logi, especially when people volunteer to reship, is a nice composition to have.

We had some encounters with very tanky opponents, the Succubus in MOC and the Hawk in AKI gave us trouble, but I would chalk this up more to weird fitting than engagement errors.

It was a good fleet, content was plentiful and command and organization were up to the task.
I hope to be in other roams you organize FC :)

o/
ImageImage
ImageImage