AAR - Saturday YOLO Fleet

Fogsworth

AAR - Saturday YOLO Fleet

Post by Fogsworth »

***Final*** Next time will record the entire fleet; trying to record just the fights didn't work so well.

Roam members (17)
Spoiler
Asuka Rossi - Griffin
Atticus Vex - Condor
Auric Fulcrum - Atron
Avrin Dennard - Merlin
B'aldrick Aivoras - Incursus
Chugore blunt
Coaxster - Tristan, Catalyst
Ergan Eto - Merlin
Esca Sinak - Punisher
Fogsworth - Merlin
Lariox TheGreat - Atron
Mike Kingswell
Segdae Aldurald - Merlin, Punisher
Toma Heleneto - Kestrel
YooJin Moon - Merlin
Z0X Ambrye - Garmur, Federation Navy Comet, Thrasher
Zaragam Ardishapur - Retribution
Kills and Losses

Early find, fleet blobbed and held fire nicely. I did get focused on the color red and called a rat as primary at the beginning! The fleet had better judgement so we didn't actually draw agro.

(19:36:08) Intaki
Catalyst +12.63m

Coaxter and B'auldric chased down Daredevil, but not without cost.
(19:49:02) Hikkoken, Nennamaila, Akidagi
Garmur -80.83m
Tristan +10.17m
Tristan -10.88m
Merlin -17.27m
Kestrel -6.59m
Daredevil +116.04m

Here we landed and half the fleet split up on the gate. I think the comets landed behind us. Traded a bit with the Comets and then I called to scatter.
(20:11:17) Hikkoken
Atron -3.97m
Incursus -8.15m
Federation Navy Comet -26.53m
Federation Navy Comet +24.32m
Retribution -135.69m

(20:22:29) Hirri
Merlin +8.22m

Opportunistic Epithal so we took it. Vanguard was needed to land enough SCRAM to hold it, then we blapped it.
(20:31:40) Kedama
Epithal +1.91m

Hurricane landed on us so we engaged. I was killed early but we brought it down to 20% hull so it was close. A little more focus and we probably could have gotten it. As it was we lost a few ships and I called scatter based on reports as I escaped in my pod.

(20:35:29) Kedama
Merlin -4.25m
Merlin -4.81m
Merlin -6.5m
Merlin -11.08m
Incursus -7.73m

(20:41:33) Tama
Impairor +3.06m

Two of us got caught by a Gnosis camping the gate while reshipping. Embarrasingly, your FC was one of them. I was trying to find content - don't fly distracted!
(20:54:51) Tama, Utopia
Punisher -9.66m
Capsule -0.8m
Merlin -4.57m
Capsule -0.01m

B'aldrick ran the fleet for a bit as 2IC while I reshipped.
(20:57:35) Utopia
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I +0.62m

(21:02:41) Kedama
Tristan +8.69m

(21:09:01) RMOC-W
Catalyst -12.14m

I rejoined the fleet at this point after having my internet went out just as I docked to regroup!
(21:45:51) Oicx
Republic Fleet Firetail +20.19m

Good end-of fleet kill - we reverse-jinxed OST as 'don't hope for content here' which worked well.
(22:03:03) Ostingele
Vexor +14.9m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 220,739,950
ISK Lost: 351,461,790.65
ISK Delta: -130,721,840.65
Efficiency: 38.577%

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 220,739,950
ISK Lost: 351,461,790.65
ISK Delta: -130,721,840.65
Efficiency: 38.577%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff) - Folks had fun which is the main thing, we had a number of engagements with a balance of blap and scatter. I don't think we passed up content we could take. We generally got a kill out of each engagement. We had a few newbros and they kept up well. The fleet blobbed well, minimal jumping gates or breaking cloaks. Would FC again, I learned a lot.
    (Negative stuff) - I need to work on communicating during battle more, and focusing more on situation management than my own ship management (as FC, nobody else is doing that job). That's especially important when the situation changes due to folks coming in to join. We lost a two expensive ships which put us ISK negative. Probably kitchen sink wasn't needed to help folks turn up :). Most embarrassing moment : FC got podded reshipping, at a gate where another fleet member was being engaged by a Gnosis also trying to return from reshipping. Don't try and find content while travelling - lesson learned.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: AAR - Saturday YOLO Fleet

Post by Budda Sereda »

We lost a two expensive ships which put us ISK negative.
Thinking about winning fights - is good. About how much ISK you are positive or negative... not really. Who REALLY cares? What matters is: fun, learning, good fights. Amount of ISKs destroyer or lost is really secondary.
Don't try and find content while travelling - lesson
This probably is the right statement for emerging FCs. But once you get comfortable running fleets, push yourself further: I do know quite a few FCs who are good doing both.
Two of us got caught by a Gnosis camping the gate while reshipping. Embarrasingly, your FC was one of them. I was trying to find content - don't fly distracted!
(20:54:51) Tama, Utopia
Punisher -9.66m
Capsule -0.8m
Merlin -4.57m
Capsule -0.01m
I'd love to hear more about what happened? How could 1 Gnosis kill to frigates on a gate?
I'd recommend to do a self-analysis: what exactly did you do wrong, what will you try doing next time differently.
Again, it's ok to lose ships. As soon as you learn something.
That gnosis most likely was fit like that:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/75747898/
Unless he alphaed ... but rails should not alpha Punisher...? You should be able to crash the gate and jump back through. Further: you can call the rest of the fleet to come and clear it.
Segdae Aldurald

Re: AAR - Saturday YOLO Fleet

Post by Segdae Aldurald »

We were heading back from re-shipping and didn't stick together. Saw the gnosis on gate, held cloak and tried to leave in traffic, but got caught.

Crashing gate didn't come to mind until after I had engaged. Could have de-aggressed, but was worried about the Hurricane and his friends on the other side of the gate as well. In hindsight, I would have been better off crashing gate as they didn't have an instalocker on that side.