Urban Oxide - Merlin
Walleye Null - Merlin, Thrasher
Yto Itinen - Merlin
Z0X Ambrye - Executioner, Thrasher
Zako Maken - Merlin
Kills and Losses

(18:39:15) Ostingele
Condor -4.31m

Right at the start we lost our scout to a Vindicator on a gate, there was a lot of miscommunication that led to this loss.

After we jumped in, the flashy Vindicator was still sitting on the Abune gate with some support (Jackdaw, Ishkur, etc.) so I was very hesitant to engage it first. Due to my indecisiveness, he warped off and we continued roaming.

(18:56:18) Frarie
Condor -4.31m
Algos +10.67m

We caught a flashy Algos in a small and held him down while he cursed at us in russian. Standard procedure really. Lost scout before Logi could save him.

(19:01:21) Frarie
Merlin -4.27m
Merlin -4.25m
Merlin -8.21m
Merlin -4.24m
Burst -3.35m
Jackdaw +97.87m
Merlin -4.19m
Vindicator +942.79m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule +0.01m

Alright, so this was a very interesting fight.
The Vindicator from earlier (now non-flashy) was sitting on the MOC gate with his Jackdaw buddy. I instructed everyone who was flashy to jump through the gate if they got yellowboxed by one of them. While debating with myself whether or not I wanted to engage him while taking gateguns, he aggressed one of us and went flashy. Vindicator was called primary and we burned at him with everything we had, orbiting close in order to not get killed by his big guns.
Meanwhile, the Jackdaw also aggressed an was being held down by some of us and dying to gateguns shortly after.

We were holding decently while burning through his hull-tank, when suddenly, an Executioner lit a cyno right next to us. I called the fleet to immediately scatter, fearing we would get dropped on by Capitals.
But... nothing happened. For reasons unknown to me, nothing jumped through the cyno. After noticing this, I got everyone back on the gate and we finally blapped the blingy Vindi.

(19:09:23) Dastryns
Merlin -4.28m

I'm honestly to quite sure what happened here, maybe scrammed the gate by accident?

(19:51:28) Raihbaka
Federation Navy Comet +31m

After roaming around for quite a while and not finding any content, we finally managed to grab something: a Comet! A scout caught him outside a small and we managed to web and blap him.

(20:04:42) Nennamaila
Rupture +20.61m

While we were sitting on a gate, a Rupture landed on us. I called half the fleet to aggress, he jumped before that could happen. We jumped after him and sent him on his merry way, now in a Pod.

(20:17:09) Heydieles
Merlin -4.25m
Merlin -11.8m
Ishtar +347.2m

One of our scouts noticed a flashy Ishtar cross-jumping us and followed it. After chasing it around for a few systems we managed to catch up to it in Heydieles and blapped it on the gate after loosing 2 Merlins to his Gecko. Reshipping was very quick as were at the Low-sec Campus.

(20:32:25) Tama
Magnate +16.58m
Capsule +0.01m

While the fleet was on it's way to Tama, Glen got himself a Magnate on the NOU gate.

(20:38:31) Nisuwa
Slasher +7.38m

A Slasher decided to play around with us on a gate and got punished for it.

(20:43:25) Kedama
Merlin -6.72m
Thrasher +13.04m
Capsule +0.01m

Scout found a Comet outside a plex and we warped in and tried to chase him. Sadly, he was too fast and we couldn't make it, loosing a Merlin before disengaging. While that was happening, a Thrasher and Imperial Navy Slicer landed near the acceleration gate. The Slicer managed to warp off in low hull and we managed to get the Thrasher before it could warp off.

After that, we went to Tama and decided to do some gatecamping since we couldn't find any content in the system. Some of us reshipped into Thrashers (thanks Glen!) and we proceeded to sit on the Nourvukaiken gate and learn about how to gatecamp effectively.

(21:06:53) Tama
Gnosis +70.13m
Burst -3.06m
Burst -3.17m
Thrasher -11.82m
Merlin -5.25m

A flashy bait Gnosis landed on the gate and we killed him, losing a few people to his backup which landed shortly after we got him.

We also tried to whore on a flashy Leshak that was being engaged by the gang on the gate. That turned out to be bait aswell, as a much larger and scarier gang landed and proceeded to wipe out the first.

(21:26:55) Tama
Merlin -9.41m
Talos +81.03m

Got on a Talos kill while gatecamping, losing a Merlin in the process.

At this point I officially ended the fleet, which was then taken over by Glen and turned into a gatecamp fleet.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,638,334,414.63
ISK Lost: 96,884,013.7
ISK Delta: 1,541,450,400.93
Efficiency: 94.417%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Got some really nice kills
    - Finally ISK positive again
    - Had lots of people, even a bunch of newbros
    - Learned a lot about what Merlins can and can't take
    (Negative stuff)
    - Almost missed out on the Vindicator kill because I was too scared of loosing ships
    - Got confused at points, need to stay focused and make quicker decisions
Last edited by Auric Fulcrum on 2019.03.04 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
Yto Itinen

Re: [AAR] BLAP Merlins 2March2019

Post by Yto Itinen »

This was an extremely exciting fleet, lots of fights and skirmishes!
We were very well structured, logi did their job marvelously and kept us alive even at the hardest engagements. Thanks Logi!
I think having some older corpmates from NSC and WHC helped us know better what we could and could not engage, the Vindi decision was a hard and not so obvious call, which rewarded us in the end.

Thanks again Auric for organizing these fleets, for being patient with the newbros and for explaining your decisions!

o/
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ievos

Post by Ievos »

It was great fun. Thanks for the fleet!

Happy to have helped keep everyone going as logi! I was able to sneak into the killboard on some of the kills with my drones too.
Walleye Null

Post by Walleye Null »

This was the first fleet I've done since being AFK from game for about a year. I was super rusty - got lost a couple times :D but managed to pretty much stick with things and had a LOT OF FUN! Definitly remember loving the controlled chaos of PVP!! Gatecamping Tama aka the space ghetto with Glen Burney was also a lot of fun after the main fleet was over!