Penelore - Bantam
Rhiannon Ad Astra - Burst, Merlin
Vetch Benderesk - Burst
Vors Voorhorian - Merlin
Xanthys Pike - Merlin
Z0X Ambrye - Merlin
Zako Maken - Merlin

Kills and Losses

Right after the fleet started, our scout found two tristans outside a plex. Our scout was going down so I we just killed them as fast as possible.

(01:33:43) Ostingele
Tristan +16.17m
Tristan +13.73m
Capsule +0.01m

We found a small gang of 4 harpys, a jaguar and a kirin. I could have handled the beginning of this better, as I got intel from my scouts that they were coming and remained silent for a bit, think of what to do. I didn't want to engage them on gate with us taking gate guns, but unsurprisingly, they didn't want to slide into us when we set up in a small.

They warped to a gate and we followed. We locked up the kirin first and all aligned out, shot once and warped. The other fleet jumped, save for the kirin and a harpy. The harpy had aggressed, but I got the fleet to keep on the kirin. I probably should have called for us to switch to the harpy, but I thought for some reason the kirin had a weapons timer. It ended up jumping through the gate when it hit low shields, which was when I called for the fleet to switch to the harpy. During this time, fleet members were tackling the harpy and taking gate guns, with the other gang jumping back through the gate. We ended up being able to kill the harpy before the kirin was able to get back, so we switched to another harpy.

Once the kirin came back (now flashy), I called for somebody to get tackle on it (as it was about 15 away and going at about 2.2km/s). The harpy that we were attacking at the time was catching reps. It seemed like we were going to break it eventually, but we were losing people. Once I saw this and the kirin was tackled, I called for the fleet to switch. Once it went down, I called for the fleet to scatter.

(01:55:21) Vlillirier
Bantam -8.28m
Burst -3.56m
Merlin -4.44m
Harpy +57.88m
Capsule +7.24m
Burst -3.24m
Burst -3.43m
Merlin -13.81m
Merlin -5.56m
Merlin -13.93m
Merlin -4.64m
Kirin +41.3m
Merlin -13.48m
Merlin -5.87m
Merlin -4.85m
Capsule -0.01m

That fight was pretty disorganized and messy. I wasn’t always clear on who the primary was, and didn’t call secondaries properly. I also got the fleet to take gate guns earlier that I wanted by telling people to tackle the harpy at the beginning, before the kirin jumped. One thing that I could have done better was calling the name of the person and repeating it. I was broadcasting the primary, but there still ended up being confusion on what the primary was when I just called the name once and then just started repeating harpy was primary.
Logi did really well during the beginning of this fight, holding people against gate guns and the enemy fleet.

We moved towards Akidagi while people were reshipping. I ended up getting a convo for an arranged fight during this time, but declined the opportunity to die to kitey cruiser gang.

In Akidagi, I got the fleet to dock at a structure to wait for people that were reshipping. There was an osprey navy outside that a few people were trying to bump off. I didn’t expect them to pull it off, or I expected it to outkite us, so when they called point on it I was slow to call for the fleet to undock. We started burning for it, and it didn’t activate it’s MWD until it was too late, so we managed to catch it.

Two caracals and a cerb warped in while we were burning the ONI. One caracal warped to it at 0 so we managed to get scram web on it easily, and kill it once we were done with the ONI. After that I called for the fleet to scatter.

(02:20:42) Akidagi
Bantam -8.3m
Merlin -4.57m
Osprey Navy Issue +118.45m
Merlin -4.18m
Merlin -4.16m
Merlin -7.91m
Caracal +17.52m
Burst -3.45m

An arbitrator was found in a medium in Kedama. I called for the scouts to get tackle, but two stratioses decloaked. In hindsight we probably would have been able to kill a stratios or two if we had gone in, but I called for the scouts to get out. One of them was unable to and died.

(02:45:50) Kedama
Atron -4.47m

We found the kitey cruiser gang I mentioned before, this time killing a gnosis and hurricane. I called for the fleet to align out, shoot once and warp to get on the killmail, since the BCs were going down quickly and the cruiser gang was almost certainly going to switch to us once they did.

(02:52:36) Reitsato
Gnosis +56.82m
Hurricane +77.66m
Capsule +0.01m

Almost right after, our scout reported a flashy hurricane warping to the Rakapas gate. Roy Henry, another member of the BC gang. We forced him through and caught him on the other side. We knew that his friends were in system and on their way, I called for the fleet to burn him quick and then scatter, while another two hurricanes and a hyperion landed. We lost two people but managed to kill it.

(02:57) Rakapas
Merlin -4.19m
Hurricane +58.79m
Bantam -8.3m

Once we all repaired heat, we warped to the Reitsato gate where we found another member of the hurricane gang, alone and flashy. It ended up engaging Coaxster, who was able to warp out just in time, and the hurricane died right after, meaning we didn’t lose anybody this time!

(03:05:53) Rakapas
Hurricane +69.15m

We ended up moving on towards Kinakka through the three jumps of high sec, where our scout found a prophecy at a large. We realized it was likely bait, but we went for it anyways. Scout got tackle and we managed to kill it pretty quickly, but not before two nightmares landed on us, and one started smartbombing. Once I saw this, I assumed that both were full smartbomb fit and called for the fleet to orbit at 6km, load null and try and kill one of them, not noticing how quickly people were dying, nor the fact that the nightmares had guns fit. It ended up pretty much as you would expect, terribly.

(03:24:22) Kinakka
Merlin -13.13m
Prophecy +101.4m
Merlin -4.06m
Condor -1.44m
Merlin -8m
Merlin -4.06m
Merlin -4.02m
Merlin -4.13m
Merlin -10.31m
Merlin -3.94m

On our way back home, the scout found a jaguar, thrasher and retribution at a large in Aldranette. Meanwhile, we saw a flashy huginn and jaguar jump from our system into Aldranette. I was worried about that gang at the large and I assumed the huginn was going to warp off immediately. I told our scout to get eyes on our in gate, and apparently the huginn had not decloaked. In hindsight if I called the fleet to jump then, we might have caught the huginn, and we probably would have been able to kill it. However at this point, I was worried about the stuff at the large and we were down to about 8 merlins anyways.

The huginn warped to that same large, I called for the scout to warp at 100 and see if they were fighting. Apparently all the other stuff left and it was just the huginn at 50, so I called for vanguard to jump and warp there at 50. The huginn warped to the sun before we could get tackle, and the scout and vanguard followed. It turns out that those assault frigates were there as well, I called for scouts and vanguard to get out, but ended up losing one of them.

(03:41:48) Aldranette
Tristan -9.54m

After that we headed back to Stacmon uneventfully.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 636,143,016.04
ISK Lost: 197,246,672.74
ISK Delta: 438,896,343.3
Efficiency: 76.332%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Found lots of content this roam, generally a fun fleet
    - We were able to kill quite a bit of stuff
    (Negative stuff)
    - Didn’t realize when we’re losing people in a fight
    - Could have been more clear when calling primaries & secondaries, call pilot names
    - Don’t go quiet during a fight, or when a possible engagement is coming