[AAR] [NSC] E-UNI and NSH Have a Hel of a Time 2019-02-16

Drebin 679
Coordinator
Title: Freshman

[AAR] [NSC] E-UNI and NSH Have a Hel of a Time 2019-02-16

Post by Drebin 679 »

Hi everyone. Writing up a quick QRF that was formed right after Ged Sinak's Assault Frigates fleet on the same day. A portion of this AAR will be adapted from Mongo the Mechanic's summary of the events.

QRF members (11)
Spoiler
Ana'ander Lamora - Caracal
Archemide - Bellicose
Arrek Lemmont - Caracal
Cpn Reynolds - Scythe
Drebin 679 - Scythe
Ged Sinak - Malediction, Caracal
Kerrigan Uzamaki - Slasher
Metajet - Hawk
Mongo the Mechanic - Stabber, Tornado
Satoshi Tomeii - Sabre
Stogal Severasse - Caracal
Xyrin Bacard - Slasher
Along the yellow brick road to a system with a wormhole we used to go into Ranger Regiment territory, we saw Pinecones mining a moon in 8-J. Despite several of us going through the system in our pods on the way back, we decide to form up a Caracal-ish fleet anyways and see if we can grab anything, with Archemide FCing. Satoshi grabbed a Sabre and warped to a bookmark on the moon belt, but the mining ships were a couple hundred kilometers away. That venture having been unfruitful, we start heading back, when we bump into some NSH pilots roaming.

Kills and Losses

We first run into a Curse. We have a couple of people tackle it, it crashes gate, then we kill it on the other side, trading an interceptor in exchange.

(05:16:55) ZVN5-H
Malediction -36.78m
Curse +302.21m

Then in JH-, we run into a Typhoon. It aggresses our cruiser gang, and we take it out. We also kill an Atron that was hanging around.

(05:28:13) M2-CF1, JH-M2W
Typhoon +162.54m
Capsule +0.01m
Atron +1.61m
Capsule +0.01m

A NSH member blares the siren in local.
[ 2019.02.16 05:31:06 ] Admiral Wheeler > WEEEWOOOO
[ 2019.02.16 05:31:19 ] Ged Sinak > CHOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[ 2019.02.16 05:33:24 ] Ged Sinak > the wrecking train arrives
Ged's labeling of our fleet as "the wrecking train" after those two NSH kills proved short lived as we then attempt to set up a bubble camp on the M2- gate in JH- when a NSH Hel, apparently still thirsting for kills after Awoxing/Commissaring/Memeing/???ing a weirdly fit NSH carrier, gates into us. Several members are caught on the other side of the gate, where the Hel snags a Caracal. Later, Mongo and Xyrin attempt to grab a Retribution, but aren't able to burn it down before both are killed. During this time, the rest of the fleet was loafing around in JH-, with Mongo having Mumble issues and Archimede leaving the general comms. Luckily, nothing happens to the rest of us, and we eventually head back to PC9 and dock up, after understanding what happened.

(05:34:39) M2-CF1
Caracal -24.92m
Capsule -0.81m
Slasher -5.69m
Stabber -29.07m

A group of Unistas then go back into M2-, and trade some blows with a bunch of other third parties (Battle Report). Mongo and Xyrin team up an hour later to kill a cyno Pilgrim that had gotten a couple of Blops in and looted the wreck under them.
Mongo the Mechanic wrote:
[...]

...what really stands out is when I went to retrieve my bubble I had a pilgrim uncloak on me and light a cyno. I had already aligned back to PC9 so I overheated my guns and 100MN AB and started shooting the pilgrim and he just melted. Xyrin had come back to help so he got in on the kill and was able to loot the wreck from under the Panther and Widow BLOPS that had come through the cyno. Needless to say we gf’d them in local and went on our way.
Both engagements occurred after I had dropped fleet, so no fancy formatting, unfortunately. Also don't really know if the Pilgrim kill would be appropriate to formally include in this AAR.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: >466,380,524.59
ISK Lost: >68,205,847.04
ISK Delta: <398,174,677.55
Efficiency: <87.241%

Overall evaluation
(Positive stuff)
  • Nice eagerness from Unistas
  • Good gate composure from people
(Negative stuff)
  • Probably would have been good to have some additional XIC assigned to take care of the rest of us during that split up.
  • Many of us (myself included) should have went around 8-J so that we may have had a better element of surprise vs. the cone miners.
= (Other stuff)
  • While a Hel is rather unengageable for us, it opened up the opportunity for this thread's punny title, so props to NSH for that.
Former Incursion Coordinator & Wiki Curator
Image Image Image