Z0X Ambrye - Garmur
Zeerse Solaris - Inquisitor
manda doomsslayer - Kestrel
This fleet in one gif:

Kills and Losses

(18:56:10) Vlillirier
Merlin -8.18m
Merlin +13.76m

Our scout was chasing a Hawk around and we ended up baiting in a Medium with scout + vanguard. After getting said Hawk, as well as a Merlin and Slasher to engage, I sent in the fleet in to grab them. We got the Merlin but lost a vanguard and the Hawk and Slasher managed to narrowly escape our points.

(19:20:37) Kedama
Slasher -7.97m
Hawk +50.38m
Kestrel +1.29m
Atron +4.93m

After missing out on some content on the way, our Scout found us a Hawk. After sending in the Vanguard a Hecate and a 2nd Hawk landed on grid. We managed to avenge our scout by killing one of the Hawks. The Hecate was long off grid by then and the other Hawk barely got out of our tackle.

Shortly after, one of us found a Harbinger at a Large which we decided to engage. He was off grid before we landed and so I called the fleet to align back to the Tama gate. That's when a lone Kestrel warped right into us and we got a nice free kill. For some reason an Atron decided to do the same thing right after I called to align back for the 2nd time. I won't complain about free kills, but those were really weird.

(19:35:29) Kedama
Hawk +95.03m

We ended up getting on the killmail of the 2nd Hawk anyway, as he ended up dying to a Startios soon after :)
(Note the name of the Stratios pilot, that's not the last time you're gonna see him.)

(19:57:19) Kedama, Tama
Atron -3.73m
Capsule -0.01m
Griffin -0.81m
Pilgrim +295.36m
Atron +11.76m

And this was when our adventure into Tama began. We lost one of us on the Tama gate to a bunch of Cynabals.
Then the most amazing thing happened: our Scout found a Jaguar at a small and it escalated from there. I immediately sent the Vanguard in because of the long warp and soon after the Scout landed a Pilgrim decloaked on him and I called for every single pilot to primary that thing and blap it into oblivion. That meant that we lost point on the Jaguar, but I was more than happy to get revenge on the cloaky Pilgrim I lost one of my scouts to. It was personal at that point.
We lost our Griffin to his drones before he went down, but everyone got on the best kill of the night and I was willing to accept that trade.

As it turns out, that Pilgrim was not only the same one that killed Drault on my last fleet with the same bait, but also the Stratios that got us on the 2nd Hawk kill. :P

(20:15:22) Tama
Atron -4.3m
Punisher -6.87m
Tristan -7.44m
Breacher -4.04m
Kestrel +16.61m
Capsule +0.01m

The next 30 minutes were a blur of fights, escapes, reshipping and most of all, confusion for me.

Our Scout and Vaguard were sitting in a small when a Kestrel slid into them. A Svipul warped to the outside of the plex, which I called as primary while the ones inside the plex should focus on killing the Kestrel. The Svipul immediately pulled range and alpha'd 3 of us off the field due to low transversal on our part. At this point I called to disengage and scatter.
We got the Kestrel at least, but it killed one of the Vanguards in return.

(20:30:22) Tama
Slasher -7.93m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant -0.71m
Merlin -6.76m
Enyo +51.76m
Punisher -7.05m
Dramiel -61.98m
Merlin +10.81m
Breacher -4.01m

After docking everyone back up in a friendly citadel, our Scout found an Enyo while we were waiting for the people who were going to reship. I called for the Vanguard to undock and engage and waited for point before undocking the rest of the fleet since it was a very short warp. The Enyo managed to kill our Scout and one of the Vanguards, but we managed to hold point and blap him.

The next few minutes were very confusing to me, but here is what happened from what I understand:
-Drault got blapped somewhere on his way back to us (I'm guessing Nourvukaiken gate)
-A Vanguard found a Merlin and I got the fleet on him. A AF/Dessi Gang warped in on us and I called scatter. Vanguard asked to stay behind a kill the Merlin, which he did
-We lost a Dramiel somewhere, not quite sure if it was in the Merlin engagement or on a gate

(20:57:14) Okkamon
Noctis -85.35m
Inquisitor -5.16m

This was the weirdest and most amazing loss we had so far. John decided to reship into a "Battle Noctis"... yeah, I don't even know.
He offered to bait for us on plexes to get us some content, which I gladly accepted. However, it turned out that it might have even worked too well. After getting a Jaguar to engage him I called the fleet in. Shortly after a Gila decloaked(?) and I was about to call it as primary when 2(!) Carriers landed on grid with us. :shock:

Scatter was called, most of the fleet got out. We lost our bait Noctic and the Inquisitor I didn't even know we had (sorry about that).

(21:03:09) Asakai, Ikoskio
Venture +0.26m
Slasher -8m

Found a empty Venture in a large, blapped, because why not *shrug*?

Shortly after our Scout found a Hawk, but he got killed before the fleet could get to him.

(21:15:45) Iralaja
Venture +0.27m

Z0x grabbed himself an empty Venture while the fleet was sitting on the Martoh gate.

(21:24:57) Eha
Omen +28.39m
Capsule +0.01m
Punisher +10.44m

A flashy Omen landed on us while we were sitting on the Martoh gate. I called the fleet to jump through, we tackled, webbed and bumped him. Our Griffin perma jammed to poor guy, which kept all of us alive and got us a nice kill.

After that, Scout found a Punisher in a Novice, fleet warped in, blap.

We started making our way back home soon after, as the fleet was already going for almost 4 hours and I was getting very exhausted. Sadly, we didn't find anything on our way back, except for a very scary Destroyer gang which we avoided by going to HSC instead of Stacmon.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 591,064,886.8
ISK Lost: 230,279,780.97
ISK Delta: 360,785,105.83
Efficiency: 71.963%

So yeah, this was a big one in terms of content. We got tons of fights, lots of kills and even managed to go ISK positive despite some... unique fits. All in all it was a extremely fun, if exhausting, fleet to FC. I learned a ton of things and got to put into practise what I learned last time.

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Found lots of content (shoutout to B'aldrick, you were a awesome scout)
    - Got to implement and use a effective vanguard
    - Learned a lot about keeping the fleet together in stressful circumstances and fleet coordination in general
    - Went ISK positive for once :P
    (Negative stuff)
    - Got confused during our stay in Tama. The constant flood of content made it hard to organise the fleet and keep everyone together
    - I feel like I'm calling scatter too early at times. We might have gotten even more kills if I was willing to lose some people
    - Need to learn to call spiraling in to targets that are likely to be sniper fit and/or have big guns
Last edited by Auric Fulcrum on 2019.02.06 22:07, edited 6 times in total.
Shauny Tsero
Title: LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, Teaching, Ensign

Re: [AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates (aka Everything is awesome)

Post by Shauny Tsero »

even just the stats look great!!
LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate, Former Mentor Manager
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage
Asuka Rossi

Post by Asuka Rossi »

Was worth it to lose my Griffin to that pilgrim, really worth it !
ImageImageImageImageImage
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Wow, that IS alot of content. Very well done for 16 frigates!

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

I have been in very few PvP fleets and maybe my opinion is not backed by experience, but this was the best one!
Tons of fights, good organization, good scouts and good calls from FC, we escaped some bad situations without giving
up on the content, which was amazing. If someone told me I would get in 10 killmails in a kitchen sink fleet and come back
on the same ship, I honestly would have laughed at them :)

Thanks to all the corpmates that make these fleets possible, looking forward for more!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Drault Sarn

Post by Drault Sarn »

best fleet ive been on loved it yah i warped to gate to get inside for kill saw a svipul called out when pointed promptly died lol.
maybe next time just slide. since we had no logi. rest of fleet couldnt catch it cause he pulled away blapping people
KPYTOE KOPOBO
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigates (aka Everything is awesome) 5Feb

Post by KPYTOE KOPOBO »

Dramiel https://zkillboard.com/kill/74999120/ was lost when FC announced that there was a Breacher outside the small, and whoever wants to get it, should bounce. Unfortunately when the second call about landing fleet came through, I was in a warp back to small.
manda doomsslayer

Post by manda doomsslayer »

this was fun.
Auric Fulcrum
Title: LSC Assistant Manager, Lieutenant, Graduate, Teacher, OO

Post by Auric Fulcrum »

KPYTOE KOPOBO wrote:Dramiel https://zkillboard.com/kill/74999120/ was lost when FC announced that there was a Breacher outside the small, and whoever wants to get it, should bounce. Unfortunately when the second call about landing fleet came through, I was in a warp back to small.
Thank you very much for clearing that up, there was a lot going on at the time and I couldn't quite remember what happened. Sorry for your loss :(
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

Feedback on this fleet which was fun:
  • Vanguard seemed to become default for every engagement rather than by exception, they even got sent in for 1 single Atron
    Bit of over talking by non-scouts and not the FC, follow the FC command, if something occurs, state calmly and ask for FC instructions e.g. we were sliding into the small but a bigger target was outside, this is what break break is for and not get all excited shouty on comms (people will naturally calm down with experience)
    Too much waiting around, without logi there was little point hanging around gates but we seemed to do it a fair amount of the time
    It became a bit disjointed with the noctis, it went ahead to bait while at the same time we tried to engage something in the same system
    Don't be afraid to lose the fleet, we abandoned the noctis when I think with all the neuts we had on field, we had a fair shot at getting a shiny Gila down before all dying.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor