[AAR] Death Arena - 2nd Feb-

Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Death Arena - 2nd Feb-

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Event Death Arena
Members + ship types
Spoiler
Conci Furiram - Kestrel
De W Javqe - Incursus, Tormentor, Rifter
Drault Sarn - Kestrel
Drebin 679 - Tristan, Rifter
Kerrigan Uzamaki - Rifter, Kestrel, Punisher, Condor
Marn Vermuldir - Kestrel, Tormentor, Rifter
Shizuka Shinano - Kestrel, Griffin
Solairen - Atron, Punisher
Tau Hopper - Venture
Ievos - Tristans, Merlins, and a Kestrel.
Reward's / prize's:
Most pod kills during the event: Caldari Navy Ballistic Control System + ingame vanity title of choice "within reason"

Ievos and Shizuka Shinano 1 pod kill each

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most frigate kills: Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive + ingame vanity title of choice "within reason"

Conci Furiram With 7 killing blows
In game pic of conci shooting people
Spoiler
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd place for Most amount of frigate kills: Plex *30 + ingame vanity title of choice "within reason"

Marn Vermuldir with 6 killing blows

3rd place for most amount of frigate kills: Plex * 30 + ingame vanity title of choice "within reason"

Shizuka Shinano with 6 killing blows

Last place as in most amount of frigate loss mails: Plex * 40 + ingame vanity title of choice "within reason"

Kerrigan Uzamaki Died 9 times \o/

Original forum post: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 4&t=112218
Big thank you to everyone who came and special thanks to the peeps who organised spare ships for people o7

So the event was prittie simple a bookmark out in space with a number of secure containers thrown out to enable warping around the grid, I also had people in fleet to facilitate warping to other members if they went 150km from each other. There was also an orca / bow head on grid sitting around 450ish away from the arena to let people reship on the fly if needed without going back to station.

In terms of being podded really well done everyone , only one guy lost his pod and that was at the end twice "I got your corpse" :D Good job on saving your pods o7

We started the combat at 1:27 and lasted till 2:15 prittie good and tbh think it could of gone longer people where still happily chasing each other

Things i would contemplate changing for next time to improve on ship variation:
Spoiler
Banning Kestrels
Next time i really need more pics or a recording: only managed to save one pic
Spoiler
Will send rewards soon , and the pod killer reward ill split that two ways via isk since it was a draw
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Drault Sarn

Re: [AAR] Death Arena - 2nd Feb-

Post by Drault Sarn »

ty very much had lots fun
Drault Sarn

Post by Drault Sarn »

I also learned kestral is not the one for this perhaps something with good tank and can rep self
Ievos

Post by Ievos »

It was a great time!

You may want to consider perhaps limiting it to no missiles, vice no Kestrels; though they may still have too much of an edge even then.

Also, I you missed myself in the participants/ships used. I used Tristans, Merlins, and a Kestrel.

Happy to have fought for the entertainment of others!!
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Ievos wrote:It was a great time!

You may want to consider perhaps limiting it to no missiles, vice no Kestrels; though they may still have too much of an edge even then.

Also, I you missed myself in the participants/ships used. I used Tristans, Merlins, and a Kestrel.

Happy to have fought for the entertainment of others!!
Glad you enjoy yourself \o/
And updated ty
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Ievos

Post by Ievos »

Thank you!
Drebin 679
Coordinator
Title: Freshman

Post by Drebin 679 »

gf gf.

While Kestrels proved to be top dog in the meta of kill secure deathmatch, I think the issue is regarding Light Missile Launchers, not the Kestrel itself, so Rocket Kestrels would be alright. Would also consider banning the Tristan if the LML ban goes through, since it would be next top dog for kite n' run play after the Kestrel.
Former Incursion Coordinator & Wiki Curator
Image Image Image
Matcha Mosburger

Post by Matcha Mosburger »

I learned don't screw with Tau when he's in a Venture.

Also Don't bring Derp-trons to a frig fight -_-

Lastly I have new respect for Punishers yummy yummy Tank.

Much fun, will do again =D

Might consider rounds of meta's - i.e. Kestral only round and then it's banned form the rest. Maybe a Tristan Drone only round. Maybe even venture to lower security space and try a disco ball round =D (then over play EDM for the video).
Tau Hopper
Title: Graduate

Post by Tau Hopper »

Matcha Mosburger wrote:I learned don't screw with Tau when he's in a Venture.
And that was only the beginning: I'm already making some improvements to my Battle Banana fit, and next time -instead of Omber and Jaspet- I plan to put some Arkonor in its ore hold - max powah!

But that aside, I'd also like to thank Turlough for the event, and I'm looking forward to our next match :)
Retired AMC Assistant Manager | Mining FC, 1st Class

ImageImageImage