[AAR] golden punishers/armor frig fleet.

Drault Sarn

[AAR] golden punishers/armor frig fleet.

Post by Drault Sarn »

Roam members (12)
Spoiler
Auric Fulcrum
Avrin Dennard - Retribution
Buzz Uisen
Drault Sarn - Federation Navy Comet
Durnik Risalo - Punisher
Ged Sinak - Atron
Ky Hanomaa
Marcus Arilia - Enyo
Neemo Beer - Federation Navy Comet
Noah Atoms
Penelore - Inquisitor
Retired Slacker - Malediction
Kills and Losses

(20:42:58) Agoze
Rifter +7.84m

(21:03:02) Hikkoken, Pynekastoh
Tristan +7.53m
Capsule +0.01m
Federation Navy Comet -25.73m
Malediction -46.98m
issue again is getting aide in fast enough to save ships kitting tristan killed both while we were landing.
punishers are slow if we have to micro warp to target and tackle is far away tackle can die fast.
this is the issue with armor frigs.

(21:41:31) Tama
Atron -4m

(21:53:38) Tama
Atron -4m
Capsule -0.01m
went into a plex while waiting for scout to reship he died on way back gate camp.
lots desi and assault frigs formed we left in a hurry again fleet not able to hold the small.

(22:10:08) Nennamaila
Enyo -46.33m
Inquisitor -5m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 15,387,199.52
ISK Lost: 132,046,544.8
ISK Delta: -116,659,345.28
Efficiency: 10.437%

Overall evaluation
  • ty for every one coming and ty Penelore for the valuable feedback after.
    (Positive stuff) kept fleet together better.
    (Negative stuff) confusion on beacons and where they are used uni overview and was still far of beacon. fleet composition was mixed should of stayed with pure t1 ships for access to novices. did not have enough firepower for smalls so when desi/assault frig presented self we did not have the right composition to take a fight inside. there fore I was ignoring small single frig fights and looking for bigger fights where it could easily escalate to something we cant handle.
    fleet composition is important. Was one fight we landed trying to take a comet and a couple frigs with a desi comet warped off caracal landed we scattered. still not wanting to trade and risk whelping entire fleet.
    advice is to take a proper armor frig fleet t1 and go take a bigger risk and trade a few. while at same time take the small single frig fights.
Penelore

Re: [AAR] golden punishers/armor frig fleet.

Post by Penelore »

We talked a lot after this fleet about how it went so no need to re-hash here.

But I do want to publicly say, I am literally watching you learn and advance as an FC. You are seeing the results of your decisions and adapting your thoughts (ie: allowing T2 ships and eliminating novices from your targets didn't work out as planned) as well as putting in the work with your AARs and the stream-of-conscious thread you have going in FCC forums.

Success comes with growth, and Failure is sometimes unavoidable... however, Effort should always be commended. Props to you o7
Avrin Dennard
Title: Freshman

Post by Avrin Dennard »

One more for the positive column...
Logi were awesome and saved me at 20% hull from about half a system away! :D
Entirely my fault in the first place I burned towards the target well ahead of them. Good lesson learned.
ImageImage
Ernesto Guevarti

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Penelore wrote:We talked a lot after this fleet about how it went so no need to re-hash here.
Except the point of an AAR is for other people as well as the FC to learn from what happened. If that discussion does not happen in public (or is not published) then no one else learns anything from it ...
Penelore

Post by Penelore »

Except the point of an AAR is for other people as well as the FC to learn from what happened. If that discussion does not happen in public (or is not published) then no one else learns anything from it ...
Fair enough... You are seeing him say a lot of the things we talked about in his AAR. But for posterity... most of my points to Drault in the post-fleet debrief went something like this:

1. Engagements are not going to be exactly what you want them to be. You can't say... I'm going to ignore the solo t1 frigates cause we over-power them, and also say... I'm going to avoid anything large fleets. Take what is provided.

2. If your intention is to sit in a plex and have content come to you to control the range on the engagement, think critically about the plex limitations and fleet composition. Use the strongest fleet comp for the plex. ie: if you want to sit in a small... T2 frigs and Dessies are your doctrine of choice. If you are in mostly T1 frigs, make sure you are in ALL T1 frigs so you can sit in a novice.

3. Trading fights are valid. The point of the Uniblob™ doctrine is to zerg targets with overwhelming numbers. A thousand tiny cuts. You will lose people. That's fine. Trade some losses for some wins and you will come out ahead with this doctrine most of the time. One of the hardest things for new FCs to do is learn to kill their fleet-mates. FCs spend so much mental energy trying to provide for the fleet... provide ships, provide content, provide instructions, provide destos, provide fun... when it comes down to the engagement, it's hard to accept you will also be providing deaths.
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

A few notes on my end.

I know I broke this rule. But I echo Penelore's #2. Having T2s mixed with T1s definitely posed a challenge when hunting, especially if your scout is a T2. On the subject of hunting, and echo of her #3 part of the plus of T1s is the cheap price, which means we've got the opportunity to loose a few and try to kill some bigger stuff. There were a few fights that were strayed away from that could have been good fights. The goal of the frigate roams isn't to gank everyone we can, it's to find some good, and challenging fights for the the group and the FC.

I do have to say you're commands have gotten significantly better, sometimes it was a little confusing, but much better than your first few fleets. Keep up the improvement.

I'd like to see a good bit more detail on the AARs though. I know what happened because I was there for part of it. But for many of the guest mentors, they can't tell what happened, what you were thinking, etc. from the detail above. Give them the level of info they need to provide feedback and help you grow.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Durnik Risalo

Post by Durnik Risalo »

Marcus Arilia wrote: I do have to say you're commands have gotten significantly better, sometimes it was a little confusing, but much better than your first few fleets. Keep up the improvement.
I don't have anything to add beyond what has already been said. However, I did want to echo what Marcus said. I thought your commands and navigation was much better on this fleet than previous fleets.