Ryder Malum
Seco Brinalle - Merlin
Shauny Tsero - Merlin
Shieva Ann - Merlin
Turlough Dominian - Burst, Atron
Yto Itinen - Merlin
Kills and Losses

(20:21:57) Reitsato
Here we got our fist kill, though we did loose a few ships was overall a good fight.
Merlin -3.61m
Merlin -3.83m
Merlin -3.62m
Federation Navy Comet +27.99m
Merlin -5.63m
Merlin -3.62m

(20:46:48) Okkamon
We had a stronger fleet jump on us and took a few ships out before we could warp out.
Burst -3.76m
Burst -3.14m
Crucifier -1.16m
Merlin -6.34m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Some members had to leave the fleet after this confrontation due to RL so our numbers dropped.

(20:56:21) MHC-R3
Not sure what happened here...
Capsule -0.01m

(21:23:30) Pynekastoh
Here we sat on an outpost and a fleet we were scouting jumped in, we managed to get a couple of kills in before they overwhelmed us forcing us to warp out.
Merlin -2.99m
Executioner -4.74m
Merlin -6.32m
Merlin -4.06m
Algos +4.75m
Atron -5.3m
Burst -3.15m
Incursus +11.53m
Burst -3.98m
Merlin -6.73m
Merlin -6.89m
Merlin -3.46m
Merlin -6.83m
Merlin -6.83m
Capsule -0.01m

At this time we headed back to Amy 101 and called it a night.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 44,266,054.58
ISK Lost: 96,067,110.51
ISK Delta: -51,801,055.93
Efficiency: 31.544%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    Got a few kills in
    Pilots, and FC, got some vital experience
    piolets enjoyed the fleet and thankful for the experienced gained, especially for those who had never been on a fleet before.

(Negative stuff)
    Communication could of been better, couple of comments about lack of comms from FC (I acknowledge this and should of spoken up more, my only defence is that as this was my first fleet I was more focused on what is going on and the whisper conversation with 2iC who was scouting a large fleet).
    Due to lack of experience on my part lost so many ships.
Any and all future fleets I do I shall record to allow a better AAR as I can't remember much from the Roam anymore :(
LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate, Former Mentor Manager
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage
Drault Sarn

Re: [FLEET] NoP Weekly Roam! - 23/01/2019 - 19:00 AAR

Post by Drault Sarn »

First ty for the fleet sorry i couldn't make it back as my clone was in litom opps.

Being closer to the scout at times would be better. Waiting across system while scout is looking at next system doesnt give quick enough fleet response.

Myself personally as soon as scout says other side of gate is clear I like to get on the gate scout is in, unless there is a ton in system.

Chasing that big of a fleet on NOP can sometimes lead to disaster. With the opposing fleet being more numbers more logi.
more dps higher sp levels and more experience.

Frigs against a bunch t3 desi is my nemesis do I go for a kill and whelp fleet or do I tuck tail and run.

personally knowing large responses were forming I would of run for a few systems taken a short break and came back out.

learning when to run and when to fight is the goal of lots of practice.

Hope you continue with your fleets and things will improve over time.

As for pace of fleet again this will improve as you become comfortable and settle in. :D
Penelore

Post by Penelore »

Very impressive turn out.
Glad to see so many interested in PvP on eutz.

Looks like a bit of a rough time, but speed and communication will only get easier with practice.
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

If that was your first fleet nice work getting a big turn out, i'm assuming your active in the campus and people ready to follow you to fire death is awsome!

props to you also, if on first fleet your trying to work whisper channels for intel on top of just herding your pilots.

For reflection and learning,
during the engagement with French Connection, how did it go down?
did you go for them or them for you? were either of you set up in a plex?
as it was going along were you aware of your losses, were people broadcasting for reps or was enemy dps pushing through logi anyway?

not expecting you to have answers on all that, just for what info you had coming in, what could process and maybe what to next time
( I whelped a fleet last night and was good to have some itemised breakdown Qs to answer post op to reflect on from someone who had overview)

also most important hope it was fun for you, taking out NOP for your first time can be consuming!
ImageImage ImageImage
Shauny Tsero
Title: LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, Teaching, Ensign

Post by Shauny Tsero »

Drault Sarn wrote:First ty for the fleet sorry i couldn't make it back as my clone was in litom opps.

Being closer to the scout at times would be better. Waiting across system while scout is looking at next system doesnt give quick enough fleet response.

Myself personally as soon as scout says other side of gate is clear I like to get on the gate scout is in, unless there is a ton in system.

Chasing that big of a fleet on NOP can sometimes lead to disaster. With the opposing fleet being more numbers more logi.
more dps higher sp levels and more experience.

Frigs against a bunch t3 desi is my nemesis do I go for a kill and whelp fleet or do I tuck tail and run.

personally knowing large responses were forming I would of run for a few systems taken a short break and came back out.

learning when to run and when to fight is the goal of lots of practice.

Hope you continue with your fleets and things will improve over time.

As for pace of fleet again this will improve as you become comfortable and settle in. :D

Thanks for feedback I believe my scout was new so we both needed to communicate more, I need to brush up on identifying ships as if I knew they were T2s I would of ran off like you said but thanks for your feedback I shall definitely do more fleets thanks again for joining!!

Penelore wrote:Very impressive turn out.
Glad to see so many interested in PvP on eutz.

Looks like a bit of a rough time, but speed and communication will only get easier with practice.
Yep it was a very good turn out I am pleased and I hope this will help encourage more EUTZ FCs to step up and do more fleets
Troven Smalvard wrote:If that was your first fleet nice work getting a big turn out, i'm assuming your active in the campus and people ready to follow you to fire death is awsome!

props to you also, if on first fleet your trying to work whisper channels for intel on top of just herding your pilots.

For reflection and learning,
during the engagement with French Connection, how did it go down?
did you go for them or them for you? were either of you set up in a plex?
as it was going along were you aware of your losses, were people broadcasting for reps or was enemy dps pushing through logi anyway?

not expecting you to have answers on all that, just for what info you had coming in, what could process and maybe what to next time
( I whelped a fleet last night and was good to have some itemised breakdown Qs to answer post op to reflect on from someone who had overview)

also most important hope it was fun for you, taking out NOP for your first time can be consuming!
I wouldn't say they were ready to follow me there was a Intro to HSC class minuets before the fleet and Mike Kingswell was promoting it heavily I heard but thank you for the feedback much appreciated and yes working whisper channels using the right whisper key and hearding the pilots and confidence to claim the comms :)

I didn't even know who I was engaging tbh at that point it was more of a case of lets have a fight before calling it a night it's all a big learning curve atm but it has taught me a lot and I had definitely thrown myself in the deep end with this fleet, somewhat unexpectently, but I'm glad of what happened as it has givien me things to think about.
LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate, Former Mentor Manager
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Shauny Tsero wrote:I didn't even know who I was engaging tbh at that point it was more of a case of lets have a fight
FC after my own heart!
you'll go far young capsule ear,
carry on o7
ImageImage ImageImage
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

I think the feedback here about covers what is wished to say.

First of all - thank you!

A dull Wednesday was more interesting by having an EUTZ fleet - a new scout and FC will grow together and get better.

Knowledge is Power. Communication is King is something to think about. As you noted, both of you need to talk in open comms more - it's great to talk out loud and stops other from filling the gaps with 'help'.

Plex mechanics can be difficult for newer players so I think a brief about that before the fleet is useful. It may be in the video but from experience reinforcing this as the fleet moves (once you know who are the newbros) could be useful.

On the specifics of the fights, my only comment would be that when you are short range brawlers like we were staying on the beacon or gtfo is appropriate - the Algos called a primary was 20+K away so burning to it gave them time to brawl us out. It was a fight to take and well worth a Merlin!

I'll upload an edited version of the fleet from my perspective. I apologise now for the background music - I forgot I was listening to some Youtube Summer Mixes with attractive clones in them on the other screen at times :oops:

Video will be here once uploaded https://youtu.be/RrrY094In6s
Last edited by B'aldrick Aivoras on 2019.01.25 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Great turnout. Shows that EUTZ needs more fleets like this and that you promoted it well! Thanks for steopping up as an FC!
Taking a NOP out for your first time is quite a challange you set yourself, since you will attract a lot of less experienced players and thus need to take "extra steps" to make it easier on them.

Quick points I got:
- General fleet atmosphere was good. We all had fun and coms were neither crowded nor too quite.
- With a NOP fleet and a fleet in general you need to really think about your communications as an FC. You took care of stating your orders explicitly (and 3 times!) which was good. At the same time (as you already noted) you should elaborate more about you plans for the fleet so the newbros know what they are about to do (e.g. "I am planing on taking on this fleet and hope to catch them on the gate" or something the like). Communication is key.
- Good choice in picking a experienced FC as our second: we are all here to learn and we might aswell use them for their Knowledge :D!
- The big turnout made it "harder" on you since you had more to keep track about - but for the next time you can be more relaxed about our numbers because you already jumped into the deep end
- Our scout was scouting for the first time (which is great!) and doing so in one of his first fleets (even better - never enough scouts around!) but that might have made it harder on you since you were both trying to get used to your chosen roles and setteling in. I recommend choosing more a experienced scout as "main scout" next time. If more new people step up for scouting (again: great!) you can always give them a secondary scouting role so our experienced scouts can "take them under their wings" for easier learning that role.
- If in doubt: fight it! especially with a BLAP Merlin (or any frig) fleet! The ships are cheap and you can SRP :)! (also explosions are fun)

All in all we had fun and learned something so it was worth the trip :)!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Shauny Tsero

Post by Shauny Tsero »

B'aldrick Aivoras wrote:Plex mechanics can be difficult for newer players so I think a brief about that before the fleet is useful. It may be in the video but from experience reinforcing this as the fleet moves (once you know who are the newbros) could be useful.
I have seen plex mentioned a few times and now wondering what is meant by it, some explination will be appreciated :)

Shauny Tsero

Post by Shauny Tsero »

Mike Kingswell wrote:Great turnout. Shows that EUTZ needs more fleets like this and that you promoted it well! Thanks for steopping up as an FC!
Taking a NOP out for your first time is quite a challange you set yourself, since you will attract a lot of less experienced players and thus need to take "extra steps" to make it easier on them.

Quick points I got:
- General fleet atmosphere was good. We all had fun and coms were neither crowded nor too quite.
- With a NOP fleet and a fleet in general you need to really think about your communications as an FC. You took care of stating your orders explicitly (and 3 times!) which was good. At the same time (as you already noted) you should elaborate more about you plans for the fleet so the newbros know what they are about to do (e.g. "I am planing on taking on this fleet and hope to catch them on the gate" or something the like). Communication is key.
- Good choice in picking a experienced FC as our second: we are all here to learn and we might aswell use them for their Knowledge :D!
- The big turnout made it "harder" on you since you had more to keep track about - but for the next time you can be more relaxed about our numbers because you already jumped into the deep end
- Our scout was scouting for the first time (which is great!) and doing so in one of his first fleets (even better - never enough scouts around!) but that might have made it harder on you since you were both trying to get used to your chosen roles and setteling in. I recommend choosing more a experienced scout as "main scout" next time. If more new people step up for scouting (again: great!) you can always give them a secondary scouting role so our experienced scouts can "take them under their wings" for easier learning that role.
- If in doubt: fight it! especially with a BLAP Merlin (or any frig) fleet! The ships are cheap and you can SRP :)! (also explosions are fun)

All in all we had fun and learned something so it was worth the trip :)!
Thanks for your feedback Mike and I blame you for making it harder and more nerve racking for me as I don't think I would of got that many people if you hadn't been promoting it in the earlier class lol :P

Drault Sarn

Post by Drault Sarn »

wish we could of caught that punisher fleet we saw that would of been an impressive brawl :)
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Shauny Tsero wrote: Thanks for your feedback Mike and I blame you for making it harder and more nerve racking for me as I don't think I would of got that many people if you hadn't been promoting it in the earlier class lol :P
You know what ... I will take the mantel - I wont blame you for it! I am proud to enhance fleet numbers at any point!
^^'
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Falling Snow KumaMoto

Post by Falling Snow KumaMoto »

Shauny Tsero wrote:
B'aldrick Aivoras wrote:Plex mechanics can be difficult for newer players so I think a brief about that before the fleet is useful. It may be in the video but from experience reinforcing this as the fleet moves (once you know who are the newbros) could be useful.
I have seen plex mentioned a few times and now wondering what is meant by it, some explination will be appreciated :)
I wasn't there, but it sounds like they are talking about faction warfare "complexes". Try this link:
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Faction_ ... nformation
ImageImage Image ImageImage
Penelore

Post by Penelore »

Plex mechanics can be difficult for newer players so I think a brief about that before the fleet is useful. It may be in the video but from experience reinforcing this as the fleet moves (once you know who are the newbros) could be useful.
This is something that was intentionally left out of the newbro video so that it could be used by both low sec roams and null sec roams, even wormhole roams. Keep this in mind, that as an FC you may have to add some information related to how you want your fleet to perform for the newbros.

An example of what you could "teach" a newbro before the fleet in a low sec roam is something like this:
Spoiler
We are going into low sec where we will be looking for faction warfare targets as well as other roaming fleets. When we attack faction warfare our scouts will look for ships sitting in faction warfare complexes, we call those PLEXs. Once scouts go to tackle, I will call for the fleet to warp to them and SLIDE the acceleration gate. Please listen for those types of commands.
Shauny Tsero

Post by Shauny Tsero »

B'aldrick Aivoras wrote:I'll upload an edited version of the fleet from my perspective. I apologise now for the background music - I forgot I was listening to some Youtube Summer Mixes with attractive clones in them on the other screen at times :oops:

Video will be here once uploaded https://youtu.be/RrrY094In6s
Loving the funky music lol