Yorroan Effsee - Caracal
Z0X Ambrye - Stiletto
Zako Maken - Caracal
Zen Tsai - Caracal
hit thefan - Malediction
nitro oxide
wAnno78 - Maulus
waahash - Caracal
Recordings were bugged out again. OBS was completely ignoring my mike? But my test recordings were fine, and after I restarted OBS it was working. If anyone knows OBS stuff, lmk.

Kills and Losses

First, we headed off to try to pop a gatecamp that was popping some of the RvB guys as they came in. No luck, they were all tethered up, and I didn't want to play station games. So, we went back to the original plan of going to SovNull.

(21:51:02) RNF-YH
Covetor +28.16m
Capsule +14.2m
Epithal +47.14m
Capsule +205.2m

When we dipped into catch, we found a covetor and an epithal sleeping. We didn't even have a bubble and got the epithal's pod. From here we started moving towards Provi. Shortly after we started moving that way, we found some people that wanted to play. Of course, they didn't want to play fair. From here, the plan became: Jump gate, bubble up, align outgate (prop on) to escape the bubble. Pick off tackle, bubbler warps to outgate at 50. As soon as local spikes, warp fleet outgate, and bubble up. Rinse and repeat.

(22:03:24) 2J-WJY, ZXIC-7
Sabre +86.82m
Caracal -12.04m
Capsule +0.01m
Caracal -11.93m

(22:11:04) GMLH-K
Caracal -30.33m

(22:17:40) W9-DID, KW-I6T
Sabre +113.79m
Ares +48.78m
Capsule +0.01m

They tried to get their sabres out ahead of ours, to catch us in our own kind of trap. It cost us a couple caracals, but by and large everyone was able to burn out of the bubbles.

(22:29:49) CB4-Q2, KA6D-K, CBL-XP
Caracal -28.62m
Capsule -0.01m
Sabre +79.47m
Capsule +0.01m
Caracal -25.69m
Caracal -12.51m

This was going fine until here. -1 scout called that the main fleet wasn't following us anymore. However, a Drake had jumped into us. I called dps on the drake. We got him halfway through his shield when he managed to jump gate. Enemy fleet still hadn't followed us yet. I called our bubbler to go through so we could try to catch the drake. Drake aggressed our bubbler, so I called fleet to jump back into him. I however, jumped our outgate, because I'm a scrub. I didn't notice until I was in warp.

Neemo (2IC) took over. Apparently the Drake was cyno fit and a Hel came in. Neemo called scatter and almost everyone got out.

We safed up until the cyno went down. The gates looked clear so fleet regrouped. While they were in route, a Leviathan landed on their outgate. However, everyone managed to jump through.

Provi was pretty boring, unfortunately.

(23:24:23) U-QVWD
Slasher -6.46m
Malediction -46.87m
Osprey -17.25m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Scout called content ahead! Some frigates and sabres were undocking as we were warping towards U-Q. I had scouts confirm gates were clear of sabres, and we jumped in. Scout called 3 FAXs undocking as we jumped in. Our scout was at a ping on our outgate, so I was going to warp the fleet there. Another mistake: I self warped instead of fleet warped. Normally not a huge deal, but as we were leaving, one of the sabres landed on us. Almost everyone managed to get out. 1 Logi was caught by the sabre. However, a couple people warped directly to the gate as well. Our outgate was also on grid with the keepstar the FAXs were sitting at. A couple of the people who warped to the gate were also on grid with an ONI. I called to break off and regroup with the fleet. However, one of our tackle, probably counterpointed, was killed by him. Our malediction also warped back to try to save the logi caught by a sabre.

So, here's my thought process on why I didn't take any fights in this system. Sure, a couple harpies, an ONI, some sabres are no big deal. We can totally take that. But, if we get pinned down in a bubble, they're going to bring reinforcements. They already have 3 FAXs undocked and only 2Mm away. If they have fax's out, they're going to be bringing something comparable for dps. Carriers, dreads, bosuns, it doesn't matter. We won't break 1 FAX, much less three. And I don't want to welp the fleet on an attempt to get a sabre, and maybe an ONI.

So, I had us anchor up at our ping. Once the grid cleared, I had our scout confirm our ingate was clear of bubbles. Then, we jumped through. I had fleet repeat our earlier manuever of bubbling and burning out. If they brought just the assault frigs and cruisers, I wanted the fight. At the first sign of caps, we would be out. However, they didn't bring anything in.

(23:36:16) 8G-MQV, CL-85V
Jaguar +67.25m
Osprey -7.9m
Kestrel +1.96m

We had smooth (boring) sailing until we got back to Curse. Then, we found a Vargur and a Dominix. A domi, we could take. However, I doubted our ability to take a Vargur. They followed us a couple of jumps, and then their stiletto caught one of our caracals as we were warping off. We warped back to him, at range. Only the Dominix was in system, the Vargur hadn't followed yet. We primaried their tackle, so we could get off if they got reinforcements. We popped their Jaguar, but their Stiletto got off.

Next, we went after the Dominix. Soon after, the Vargur jumped in. One of our logi was still right by the gate, and was pointed by the Vargur. I decided to warp out. I'm not sure that was the right call. Domi was well off the gate, so he was never going to jump back. We had 3 logi left, and they likely could've held us long enough to pop the Dominix. We never would've taken out the Vargur, but we could popped the Domi, then warped out. Hindsight is 20/20. I've been too aggressive lately, and was trying to temper that this fleet. I didn't want to welp this close to home.

We bubbled up the next system's gate, and burned out. The Dominix jumped into us. This time, however, he was directly on a gate. We got him into hull by the time the Vargur joined him. The Dominix didn't redbox until right as we were leaving. I, again, should've stayed for the Dominix kill. It would've been far better to stay in the previous system. However, it still was a good fight to take here. But we didn't, and we warped off. I prepped a bubble trap 50km off of our outgate, and was thinking of trying to take the Dominix there, since he had no gate to go to. I think, if the Dominix had landed in the bubble with the Vargur, I would've gone for it.

However, they didn't follow. Oh, and we caught a Kestrel in our bubble.

The rest of the way home was smooth sailing. Thanks to Red versus Blue for joining us on this fleet. They're interested in doing a joint fleet that they FC, so stay tuned for news of that.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 692,796,538.54
ISK Lost: 199,632,455.06
ISK Delta: 493,164,083.48
Efficiency: 77.63%
Urban Oxide
Title: Wreathe or Bust, Teacher, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Cursed Caracals 1/20

Post by Urban Oxide »

Excellent work all involved.

I get the feeling you really are getting to know the doctrine and in-part the results are showing. Good movement and situational awareness and from the bits I listening in to... handling of fresh pilots.

Not 100% on the Ospreys being the Logi of choice but that's more a personal preference of sig/speed ratio.