[AAR] HSC Saturday Mission FLeet

Psychotic Fickity
Orientation Manager
Orientation Manager

[AAR] HSC Saturday Mission FLeet

Post by Psychotic Fickity »

Let me explain the purpose of HSC Saturday Mission fleet: Each week new members can learn a bit about Doctrines, PvP commands, fleet set ups, and try out new fleet possitions ( Damage, or Logi). The reason this is done in Missions is because people sometimes feel more comfortable learning knowing their opponents deal only specific damage. It also allows people who would like to FC a chance to 2IC, and take command of small events in the mission and get their feet wet.

My Role this week:
This week we did 3 Missions. 2 Pirate Invasions and Gone Beserk, all in Amygnon. I picked these because we had 2 battleships in fleet.
My Goal as FC is to do these missions as efficiently as possible, while teaching new/old players to follow broadcast commands in Fleet ( in History), Teach them how to set up their Watchlist, broadcast for reps for Logi, have logi following the prompts for reps, and follow commands for firing at a specific target that is Called out in Mumble and in the overview/fleet history window. Sometimes this also includes splitting damage between 2 targets via drones on one, and guns on another.
While the main group focused on 1-2 groups that were aggro'd , I did have the 2 battleships pick off other targets that would of been out of targeting range for the main group.
Due to the number of enemies in Gone Beserk, I did have Max ( my 2ic) take over calling targets while I tagged enemies, and I kept the group moving around in the aggro range of our targets because they were anchored up on FC

Roam members (13)
Spoiler
Glenrowan 3IC
Helen Dorothy Sharman
Jason Eoner
John Parmelee Logi
Kris Hawk
Max Tsero 2IC
Metti ar Virksen
Psychotic Fickity
Rayanth
Rogue Ozran[/b ]Logi
Ryder Malum Logi
Xanthys Pike
arrath1888

Kills and Losses

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 0
Efficiency: NaN%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff) Fleet was effective at handling FC commands. Everyone followed easily through the setting up routine and were ready to go in a short time. They all stayed tethered on FC and Logi was prompt at making sure all on grid stayed rep'd.
    (Negative stuff) Learned that while we had Caracal doctrine, and a few Shield battleships for aid, it may have been just fine without the battleships and given the Logi a bit more practice.
    I know next time to make sure that logi all has turns also being the Logi anchor.
    My push to talk button stopped working for the Logi channel this time, and I will have to reset it for next week.
    Also: Dont jump into a combat situation so close to start time, because it means I get started later than planned, even if it is a few minutes.

Every week I learn new things about the Mission Fleet, because the dynamics of the group change. Next time I host this fleet, I will be looking to encourage Logi commanders switch and give guidance to any new members. I will also not have the Battleships and allow Logi to get some more heals in.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImage
John Parmelee
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] HSC Saturday Mission FLeet

Post by John Parmelee »

It was a good fleet, from the Logi perspective the battleships made it dare i say boring for us honestly. We did actually switch logi FCs between the two of us with experience (Rouge and John) which was good, it was good practice for me to work on manually positioning logi appropriate for the fleet vs enemy positioning and make prop calls without that much concern than a bad position movement would kill a fleet member frankly, which happened several times when i sent us the logi wing too far away from the fleet to effective rep trying to to avoid being close to the enemy. Ironically, first time got to close to the enemy and got aggro'ed. TLDR I need work on manually piloting as a logi fc.
John Parmelee
EVE Uni Staff Officer
Orientation | Intake & Progression | FC Team

Former Assistant Incursions Coordinator & Teaching Assistant

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage