Shizuka Shinano - Thorax
Thorkel Forste - Thorax
Ticerium
VincentSeradin - Thorax
Z0X Ambrye - Stiletto
Zako Maken - Thorax
jammer Atruin - Thorax
Kills and Losses

Unfortunately, my audio on the recording is bugged out, so no videos from this fleet.

(02:34:39) Jamunda
Thorax -30m
Thorax -29.68m
Thorax -22.95m
Keres -36.55m
Sabre +96.71m
Thorax -29.48m
Capsule +0.01m
Thorax -22.47m
Thorax -22.66m
Thorax -34.23m

We didn't get far before we found content. We got intel that a fleet was coming through, so we bubbled up and waited for them on gate. We first primaried a Moa, but were unable to break it before enemy logi got started up. Primary was swapped to one of the ospreys. However, we couldn't break their logi. They could break ours. Logi did a great job holding, but every once in a while they would get someone. First I tried having the fleet overheat and break them that way, which didn't work. I also tried swapping which logi we were primarying to try to get dps before they could land reps, but that didn't work either.

After a bit, their sabre burned out to our logi. We burned out to him. Due to his range from logi, and his lower buffer, we were able to break him. At this point, their bubbler was down. I should've called our bubbler to stop and prepped to warp fleet out. It was obvious that we weren't going to break their logi.

However, we didn't. Logi soon started to run out of cap boosters. I went back to trying to swap logi before they could swap their reps, which didn't work. I believe I was forming up the fleet to burn out of the bubble when I got killed, but I could be wrong. In any case, after I died, our remaining fleet grouped up and warped out.

I'm still surprised that we couldn't break them. 15 thoraxes would be ~4.5k dps, and with a dozen webs, our target shouldn't be going anywhere, so application shouldn't have been an issue. Regardless, I should've reacted more decisively, instead of just hoping we would eventually break them. I'm noticing this as a theme on my AARs. I guess I'm hesitant to give up content once we find it. I need to be better about leaving fights if we have no hope of winning.

After that, everyone who died reshipped. We spent a little time jumping around, looking for ratters. We had a retribution jump in behind us, but I wasn't quick enough in calling for our bubbler to jump through, and we lost him. A bit more jumping around.

(03:11:00) WLAR-J, G-7WUF, MB-NKE
Capsule +0.01m
Thorax -23.08m
Thorax -31.44m
Thorax -26.48m
Exequror -41.36m
Sabre -91.41m
Exequror -41.06m
Thorax -23.12m
Thorax -30.48m
Capsule -0.01m
Thorax -34.25m
Capsule -73.82m
Thorax -34.51m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Thorax -32.44m
Exequror -39.78m
Exequror -39.82m
Capsule -106.88m
Capsule -3.19m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Thorax -36.94m
Capsule -6.18m

We were grouping up from shotgunning a system, when scouts called a phantasm landing on their gate (not the outgate we were grouping up on). I called for fleet to warp to their gate. They then called a local spike. I called fleet to hold, but some people were already in warp.

Next big mistake: I called fleet to warp to the gate. Scout had only called a slicer, retri, and phantasm so far. They spiked into us while the main fleet was in warp. We land into multiple bubblers, a tengu, feroxes, and at least three basiliks, and more. I immediately call scatter, but with their multiple bubblers, and long range point from their lachesis, most of us were caught and killed.

As I'm writing this AAR, I'm not sure how I should've called the second fight. Scouts called the names of 4 ships. If those 4 ships were what we could've expected the fleet to be, it would've been a fight we could take. The mistake was probably calling people to warp to the content gate before we were grouped up, which spread the fleet. I should've waited for proper intel on their fleet before committing to an engagement, I guess. But, if it had been a nanogang, like expected, we needed to land on them, not the other way around. I still could've done that later, with better intel. We were in a dead-end pocket, after all. I guess it's another case of me being too bloodthirsty, caring more about fighting than taking good fights.

Another thing I need to work on is keeping up comm discipline. We've had some chatter during this and last fleet. I need to be more aggressive in telling people to cut the BS during a fight. I don't mind people chit-chatting when we're just warping around (I prefer it actually-I don't want to just hear myself talk for 3 hours). However, when we find a fight, especially a fleet, comms need to be clear except for essential info.

Thanks to Coaxter, who mentored me on this fleet.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 96,728,891.27
ISK Lost: 944,336,880.32
ISK Delta: -847,607,989.05
Efficiency: 9.291%
Drault Sarn

Re: [AAR] Thursday Things 1/17

Post by Drault Sarn »

issue in first flight they were at range we had to get within 4 or 5 k to apply changing targets and most of us having to move to get in range slowed our dps down a lot.

2nd fight not so good yes i was one of the ones upset .

continually going into sov nul against people with far more sp experience and on their turf is a recipe for disaster.

as for the warping fleet yes sacrificing 2 to save the whole is better.