Vishnael Skyhunter - Griffin
Z0X Ambrye - Stiletto
jammer Atruin - Cormorant
Kills and Losses

(02:28:26) Litom
Malediction -46.84m
Cormorant -13.54m
Cormorant -13.52m

First engagement of the day. I was alerted by my scouts that there was as Maelstrom warping around our system and was waiting on gates for us to come agress. I told fleet to undock and align to the Utopia gate. When it jumped into us and we had a bubble on it, I warped fleet in at range just before the bubbler bubbles up and told fleet to load short range (antimatter) ammo thinking we would just quickly burn through it. Welp, that didn't happen, since I warped us in at 30 (like a dumbass) which is WAY to close for a corm fleet, he was able to nearly two shot us with his weapons. We ended up losing the first anchor (me) and the second anchor got the fleet out of there after we realized we were way out of position.

If an engagement like this would have happened again I would have the fleet warp in at around 70km and use long range ammo (Javelin and Iron) to slowly burn him down as he was stuck in our bubble. Also, I need to designate separate anchors than the 2IC and the FC since how easy it is to get killed in a Cormorant (and it's kinda obvious to see who is leading).

(02:59:43) Litom
Sabre +87.68m
Capsule +0.01m
Griffin -16.93m
Capsule -71.58m

As we progressed onto our planned route down into Catch, we came across a few phantasms and other assorted anti-frig ships on the other side of the gate. I knew that they were going to be able to catch at least 1/3 of the fleet before we had burned out of their bubble. And we had no choice of agressing them since there was only one way into that system and had we tried to kill them, our guns wouldn't have been able to track them. I turned around and headed into Curse instead of my previously planned route.

This engagement was less than optimal. I brought the fleet into the K-B2D3 pocket to try and catch some ratters and maybe a response fleet. We found out there was already a Brave fleet in the pocket and in the system I wanted to go into. I told the bubbler to warp to zero and bubble up and at the same time I warped the fleet to 70km off the gate. As they all jumped through they decided to play gate games and were jumping back and forth before we could put any real damage on them. I soon realized we were still to close at 70km when I got two shot by the Cerberus. Looking back, I should have recognized them as a major threat to the fleet and I should have gotten the fleet out of there. As soon as they started killing the anchores the entire fleet fell apart and my 2IC took over and got as many people out of the pocket as possible.

(03:15:16) D87E-A
Thrasher +10.55m
Capsule +0.01m
Cormorant -8.13m
Cormorant -13.58m
Caracal +37.09m
Sabre -91.49m
Malediction -46.8m
Cormorant -13.51m
Cormorant -13.58m

(03:29:33) Hemin
Ibis +0.83m

(03:46:19) Jamunda
Capsule -14.61m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 136,160,908.33
ISK Lost: 364,109,898.78
ISK Delta: -227,948,990.45
Efficiency: 27.217%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Calling targets without hesitation even if they werent the correct ones
    - Warping the fleet at range on the second engagement after learning from the first one
    (Negative stuff)
    - I could have recognized the danger that the Cerbs posed with their bonus to missile flight time
    - I still have some trouble saying my thoughts since I tend to think faster than I can talk and it makes no sense sometimes
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Curse Deployment - Cormorants | 2018/01/17

Post by Kelon Darklight »

As far as that battleship fight, were your inties looking out for MJD? Most roaming battleships fit them and you need something that can scram it when it goes for the mjd. speaking of which, why did the inty die to the 800mm guns? Did he go for a scram when it wasn't required? Or I really hope this isn't the case, did he fly directly at the battleship?

As far as cerbs go, they have 94km range with rapid lights without any help. (Effectively less generally unless you are flying at them due to flight time, missiles loose range if the target is flying away and gain range if target is chasing), but more than enough to shoot at your thinly tanked corms as you belately realized. They also have base 80% therm and 70% kin resists before any modules, making them quite tanky vs your kin/therm damage output. Even then, there are legitimate targets you can trade for for fairly decent isk value, such as the svipuls, so I don't think it was a mistake to engage. I would say, if you weren't doing this in the fleet, anyone getting red box should align out and warp if they start taking damage. Preferably you would align the fleet to a good point, though I realize this isn't always possible, which would let your guys get out if something starts applying.

Also noticed a griffin in fleet, and I would wager a maulus would be a better trade, as it doesn't rely on RNG as much (it will be fighting in falloff a bit, and damps can "miss" in fall, but it is 52 + 100, fighting at 70km is not terrible) and having the right racials, and your fleet is fighting at extreme range anyway. As an example,1 damps drop a phastasm range to 28.4km, 2 damps drops it to 13.2 km, and 3 drops it to 8.6km from 73.8 km after skills. Plus it can fit a decent tank as well: Example fit:
Spoiler
[Maulus, Damper]

Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
400mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Damage Control II

Remote Sensor Dampener II, Targeting Range Dampening Script
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

[Empty High slot]
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II

Small Inverted Signal Field Projector I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
The gun is purely for getting on kills. Quad lif is better for avoiding shots but you can swap it for cold gas for improved cap life. Rigs are fairly interchangeable depeding on tastes. Plate can be swapped to compact to save on fitting if needed.
Champion of Tash-Murkon