Kirsid Tannaway - Caldari Navy Hookbill, Algos
Retired Slacker - Garmur
Sharasah Namur - Condor
Shizuka Shinano - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Sognus Cadelanne - Merlin
Z0X Ambrye - Federation Navy Comet
arrath1888
Kills and Losses

Impromptu form-up after the Thursday's Things fleet gathered a lot more interest than I anticipated. We ended up with around 10 members, and we waiting on the last few to arrive when Z0X found a Firetail in the novice, and FCed a few people into the fire. Sadly, they didn't survive.

(03:56:21) Ostingele
Federation Navy Comet -29.26m
Republic Fleet Firetail +21.99m

Sitting around in the novice, Ana volunteered to sit in the medium outside of d-scan range, and managed to pull a Cynabal. We landed soon after, but once again, victory was bittersweet as we looted Ana's wreck.

(04:13:11) Ostingele
Federation Navy Comet -22.59m
Cynabal +179.05m

After reshipping again, I had to go afk, and Z0X managed to land another kill on an apparently afk atron at a plex.

(04:29:33) Frarie
Atron +1.57m

Garmur scout vs plexing Kestrel. Unfortunately, lack of sleep had dulled Auric's reflexes and they didn't manage to get off the beacon before the Kestrel removed them, and safely warped off before we landed.

(04:47:50) Kehjari
Garmur -78.83m

We were joined by Budda and Insomniak at this point.

We had a flashy Talos jump into us while we were idling on gate. However, I forgot to ask someone to not aggress and they managed to jump through again and make it away. Another few systems along, we had shotgunned and were split when a SFI was spotted warping to the large. I immediately called everyone to warp, but due to distances this meant we slowly trickled in to our deaths.

(05:20:14) Nennamaila
Merlin -3.59m
Federation Navy Comet -28.95m
Imperial Navy Slicer -27.45m
Atron -3.72m
Caldari Navy Hookbill -29.55m
Capsule -0.01m

Most of the fleet was dead, and it was getting late for most, so they decided to leave fleet. A coupla people stayed on and we ended up taking out a Comet, 2 Algoses, a Tristan and a Thanatos. The plan was to find a BS or something suitably juicy to remove with extreme prejudice. Sadly, only Snuffed Out was out and about in decently sized ships so there was nothing to drop on. Finally, a worm was spotted in Tama, but once again, we were split and I died before the other Algos and Comet arrived. I assume the Condor died later trying to make it through the infamous Tama gatecamp.

(06:37:33) Tama
Algos -21.96m
Capsule -0.01m
Condor -6.23m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 202,615,872.07
ISK Lost: 252,154,081.92
ISK Delta: -49,538,209.85
Efficiency: 44.553%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff) Pew was had! Sometimes lowsec is completely dead, but we were lucky enough to have a couple of kills.
    Fleet shotgunned well, even though we didn't find anything using that method.
    (Negative stuff) I didn't designate a 2IC or scout. Even though we were shotgunning, it would have been useful to check a couple of systems that were not enroute.
    I completely forgot about gate mechanics when I saw the flashy Talos after a small drought of content and the garmur loss.
    Finally, need to keep the fleet together before warping into high dps targets. if we had warped together, then even if the SFI had left, there would not have been a welp. Same with the Algos vs Worm.
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] How not to pew - 18/01/2019

Post by Budda Sereda »

It was nice to meet you in space guys, unfortunately it was too short, also late to me.

@Kirsid: If you don't mind, I'd recommend a few things:

1. FCing fleet - do you best, after fleet - enjoy content and don't be upset losing fights/ships too much. But what's important is writing AAR think very hard and be very tough on yourself about losing ships. Try to see what could be done better to avoid losing ships and win fights. And put this here, let other FCs comment. And keep FCing often: big and small,...

2. In particular in the fight when we've met the SFI, the thing I think what should be done differently is we had to warp all together: instead of going 1-by-1 and losing we had to align and you had to squad-warp us. Also, someone was not with the fleet and when I asked "FC, are we going for it" that person told "warping". Unless he knew exactly what he is doing, he should not go on his own.

Also, I'd like to mention mistake I did myself. I was in a slicer, when I landed on a grid and started applying DPS SFI had already some damage taking. First I was pointed and started taking damage, but was able to slingshot and pull the range. I was already half in armor and should have realized we are not breaking and call it a fight, and maybe say something on comms. Instead I went back into a fight and lost the ship. Was not the smart decision.

Would love to see and fly with you guys again!

P.S. Please use this to generate reports: https://laserbeam3.github.io/EveRoamReport/ Instruction is somewhere on the forum in FCC subsection.