Post by Kirsid Tannaway »

Roam members (4)
Spoiler
Devoros Vyndiver - Hyperion
Kirsid Tannaway - Armageddon
Lexi Dignity - Atron
Tokumei Kumiai - Griffin
Kills and Losses

First part of the roam was pretty boring. We managed to form two BS, with a griffin support and atron as tackle, but found nothing from PC9 to Boystin, although there was some excitement when a Porpoise was spotted in 8-J along with some neutral intel, and a Hecate. After checking MHC, Lexi finally found a couple of Gnosii on a bubble on the Reblier gate. Unfortunately, it wasn't in line with the 6E- gate where we were as I thought it was, and we landed on the gate and scared them off. We blapped their bubble in retaliation.

(09:52:33) 6-CZ49
Mobile Small Warp Disruptor I +0.57m

Suprisingly, one Gnosis pilot returned with a Hyperion, landing 100km off the gate. Sadly for them, I had a mjd and was able to land tackle. A few minutes of fighting later, and it crumpled under the dps, neuts and jam pressure. The other Gnosis returned and managed to force the griffin off-grid, but didn't manage to kill anything and left again.

(09:58:18) 6-CZ49
Hyperion +217.7m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 218,270,496.76
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 218,270,496.76
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    • Form-up was decent for an impromptu kitchen-sink with no immediate content.
      Scout performed well, and Griffin was amazing for a first-time EWAR pilot.
      Actual content. \o/ And the loot fairy wasn't a complete meanie.
    (Negative stuff)
    • We should have been able to figure out the alignment of the bubble on the Reb gate. Perhaps using a corp bookmark for the bubble would take pressure off the scout having to figure out alignments.
      Fleet movement was a bit sluggish, partly due to BS, and partly because I wasn't keeping the fleet moving.
      Personal issue - Management of all my modules was pretty bad. I forgot to activate neuts at the start, and constantly reload RHMLs and the cap booster. I might have died if it weren't for the griffin's jams due to my lack of skills at this whole micromanagement thingy while FCing.
Mike Kingswell

Re: [AAR] How not to pew - 17/01/2019

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Quick one:
17/1/2019 is tomorrow? you guys fought in FUTURE SPACE!? :D
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

o nice the two abyss rep's dropped , for curiosity where they any good?
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Penelore

Post by Penelore »

Nice job taking out a smolgang.
Personal issue - Management of all my modules was pretty bad. I forgot to activate neuts at the start, and constantly reload RHMLs and the cap booster. I might have died if it weren't for the griffin's jams due to my lack of skills at this whole micromanagement thingy while FCing.
I find it exceedingly complex to fly FC and fly a micro-management ship... ie: logi, scout/tackle
Sounds like you were flying the bait tank BS? lots to do to lure in the bait and still hold reps.

When you choose to FC you are taking on a fairly big job. It's totally okay to minimize your contribution to the overall fleet comp. Don't feel like you have to both be the person who gets everything done and the FC.
Kirsid Tannaway
Title: Sophomore

Post by Kirsid Tannaway »

Mike Kingswell wrote:Quick one:
17/1/2019 is tomorrow? you guys fought in FUTURE SPACE!? :D
It was the future by the time I completed the AAR. >_< 16/1/2019 is the correct date but eh. Let's confuse a few people. :D
Turlough Dominian wrote:o nice the two abyss rep's dropped , for curiosity where they any good?
Roughly 20mil each, according to an abyssal appraisal site. They're better than t2, but like by 5-10%.
Penelore wrote:Nice job taking out a smolgang.
I find it exceedingly complex to fly FC and fly a micro-management ship... ie: logi, scout/tackle
Sounds like you were flying the bait tank BS? lots to do to lure in the bait and still hold reps.

When you choose to FC you are taking on a fairly big job. It's totally okay to minimize your contribution to the overall fleet comp. Don't feel like you have to both be the person who gets everything done and the FC.
It originally was planned as a solo roam, but my 'Anyone up for pew?' was actually answered this time. xDDD And I was planning to have the hype bait tank, but the other hype landed around 90 off, and I wanted to snag it before it warped. Due to me telling everyone to align and warp to station slightly before it landed, our hype was off grid too. Also really didn't help that not only was I a BS, but had segregated my cargospace with two containers, and had to reload manually. @_@ At least drones don't need reload.