Burst -3.69m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 245,175,859.83
ISK Lost: 47,487,767.1
ISK Delta: 197,688,092.73
Efficiency: 83.774%

Overall evaluation
  • Great fleet overall. We started out pretty slow with not a ton of content until we were deep into Black Rise. K950, a former corpmate, followed us in an Ares for almost the entire fleet which made me a bit nervous as he could have easily picked off a newbro who got into the wrong position. Luckily, I don't think he got anybody, except perhaps whoring on some of our killmails. When he first showed up, we tried getting him, but the Merlins are just too slow and he was too wily to allow us to scram him.

Once we started to find content, we ran into some trouble with scouts dying. Our two scouts were first-timers and there was some miscommunication on when to call point, how to d-scan etc. Hopefully they enjoyed the learning experience. There were also a few instances when I should have sent logi or vanguard with them sooner - learning experience for me.

As for our kills, we warmed up with a Tormentor in Dastryns, I was trying to give a demo on scouting to our new scouts at the time. Nothing for quite a while until we managed to gank a few frigs in the Asakai area.

Most of our fun was in Tama. We managed to catch some more frigates outside of a novice plex. Just as I was thinking that I would love to get some bigger targets, we see a Rupture on D. We go after him in a medium plex and, lo and behold he warps to us! We gobble him up, and just as we finish, a Hurricane shows up too. This made us very happy indeed - both ships were dispatched with zero losses.

We did lose one Merlin to a Slicer as we were heading out. I tried to fleet warp us to a safe, and only warped myself. Classic mistake. While I was obliviously warping by myself, apparently some battleships warped in and everyone scattered. During the previous fight, there was a Slicer lurking about and he found his opportunity to point one of the newbros and take him out.

The trip home was pretty uneventful, until Agoze. We found a Maulus in a plex and dispatched him. After that, we were all sitting on the Ostingele gate, when our scout reported that a flashy Ferox was jumping into us. We took him out with minimal trouble, and then arrived a Barghest. We jumped onto the battleship as that had been working well so far for us, but then lots of other stuff started landing....there was a Vagabond, a Gila and a few other things - it was time to scatter. A few unfortunately got caught. It may have been difficult to break the Barghest even on its own.

(Positive stuff)

Lots of good content, lots of kills, some relatively big and shiny ships.
    I personally enjoyed the fleet and felt that at least most of the newbros got some fun and learning out of it.

(Negative stuff)
I need to work on when to send Vanguard, Logi etc. with the scout so that scouts don't die. My impromptu scouting practical lecture could probably use some work too, as later on in the fleet it became apparent that the information was not conveyed as well as I had hoped.
Durnik Risalo

Re: [FLEET] NoP Monday Night Roam 1/22/19

Post by Durnik Risalo »

Yes, it was a fun fleet. I can't think of anything to add -- you hit everything I can think of. Good FC'ing, Scouting... everything! Luckily we had a pretty decent fleet composition and numbers.

By the way, props to the "newbros" that stepped up to scout! I thought they did a very good job.

If I had any critique, it would be that distinguishing other fleet member's commands from the FC's was sometime very difficult.
Enigmatic Online

Post by Enigmatic Online »

This was my first fleet in low sec and I had a great time. I learned a lot about D-scan and how it can be used to locate players in a system. I also got to see how combat works from the aggressors perspective for the first time. I'd be very interested in learning how to scout. I found myself running into the conflicts after they were already over so I didn't show up on a lot of the kill mails. Once we got to Toma I got to participate in a few of the kills though. I had a great time. Thanks for the Fleet.
Space Warfare Development
Title: Bomber Girl, Teacher

Post by Space Warfare Development »

Congratulations on the Rupture kill: Twitch streamer Joebane Maetheon.
He returned to the engagement site in a battleship, along with friends/followers also in battleships.
A future tactic recommendation would be to bring a squad of "up-ships" to counter an escalation.
Public relations are always good when fleets continue to promote Eve University through engagements with social media in a postiive way.