[AAR] Christmas Tater Tots 18/12/23 19:00

B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

[AAR] Christmas Tater Tots 18/12/23 19:00

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Fleet Soundtrack

As part of the FFC program, I took out a band of brothers out of Amy for a tour of Black Rise.

I had seeded contracts for doctrine ships in both Amy and Ichoriya. This certainly sped up form up and helped with reshipping and is certainly to be recommended.
We only had 1 new bro who hadn't flown in a PvP fleet before so a quick recap of important actions was done prior to departure. Fleet discipline was good and no-one died to gate guns thanks to logi despite Drault (aka can shooter!) getting aggro on a gate!

We had some interesting fights and manoeuvres as well as ganks (aka seal clubbing) on plexers. Activity on dotlan and zkill showed that Asakai was active with a small fleet of pirate cruisers getting some kills. Salt Farmers were also active as usual around Kehjari. We proceeded up towards Okkamon picking up some kills on the way to satiate the blood lust. These were mere appetisers to what was to come!

We's already sparred with a couple of Harpys along the way but failed to get a point on them when our excellent scout(s) found a morsal in Akasai followed by the harpys landing at the plex. Vanguard and then the rest of the fleet tried to tackle them but we were too slow so they moon walked out. I decided not to linger too long there so set our destination for Akidagi via Kedama to see if we could grab anything and have a brief pause if not. Scouts reported a lone flashy hyperion jumping into us the OKK gate in Asakai. It was bait, ofc, but we might just be able to get it down with acceptable losses. Once he decloaked, full webs were applied and dps applied. We got him in to half armour when another fleet joined in....we left before the cyno. The third party managed to finish off the hyperion so I'm keeping the kill in the AAR!! The hyperion's Snuff friends cyno'd in with at least one carrier. Time to gtfo so I fleet warped us away for the loss of 2 logi and 1 comet.

We managed to jump through their camp after a couple of minutes waiting as we regrouped and proceeded to Akidagi to rejoin our fallen comrades as they reshipped. We did manage to bag a comet in Pynekastoh at the loss of our scout.

After reshipping and a bio, scouts found an Omen in Aldranette that was just too fast for us. Unfortunately we couldn't get into range or land on him. We lost 2 and called off the chase as pursuing would just lose more ships. This is a common scenario so watch out for omens in plexes.

Placid was looking quiet so we decided to slow boat home as some members of the fleet were dropping. I decided for one last look around the Hirri / Nisuwa cycle so we headed back. We managed to evade a hurricane fleet that was camping the Nennamaila gate in Hikkoken by sneaking round the side. The fleet were awesome in aligning quickly and following verbal orders so no-one was left behind.

As we headed home, scout found a ratting Rattlesnake in an event site. I went in with him (only becasue I'd lemming'd :oops: ) and we got a point on him and started applying our damage. I'd hoped the rats would help us kill him. We managed to hold point / scram on him for 23 mins! We also killed a rupture that landed and then started aggresssing us. We just didn't have enough dps top break him and despite reshipping and calling a QRF we had to abandon the attempt when his friends escalated with a smartbombing Rokh and more. The great thing about this engagement was the way a point was kept on the primary whilst others bounced once aggressed. Logi did a great job. It was a valiant attempt and made for some good learning.

After this we merry pirates made our way home and scared the locals by our flashiness :twisted:

Big call out to the scout and logi for doing a grand job. Also big shout out to Kerrigan Uzamaki as our newest recruit to piracy. Thanks also to those in pricier ships Auric, Drault, Asuka and Christoph for their instalocking, EWAR and webs.

Fleet recording - no FC mic capture :(

Roam members (23)
Spoiler
Alf Saissore - Federation Navy Comet
Asuka Rossi - Vigil Fleet Issue - webs
Atticus Vex
Auric Fulcrum - Keres - instalocker
B'aldrick Aivoras - Incursus
Christoph Patrouette - Crucifier - EWAR
Drault Sarn - Vigil Fleet Issue - webs
Drebin 679
Durnik Risalo - Navitas, Inquisitor - logi
Kerrigan Uzamaki - Incursus
Marcel Eriker - Incursus
Metti ar Virksen - Incursus
Mike Kingswell - Atron - scout
Muzzy Chuck - Federation Navy Comet
Pink Kondur - Inquisitor - logi
Porsche Amarr - Inquisitor - logi
Santiagus Annages - Incursus
Sone Eto - Atron, Federation Navy Comet - scout
Toma Heleneto - Federation Navy Comet, Vexor
Weadj - Vigil Fleet Issue - webs
WyteNyte - QRF
geldy - Federation Navy Comet
Kills and Losses

(19:42:32) Indregulle
Venture +0.67m

(19:55:42) Oinasiken
Cormorant +5.92m

(20:16:05) Asakai
Inquisitor -6.53m
Navitas -7.78m
Federation Navy Comet -22.11m
Hyperion +388.4m

(20:24:20) Pynekastoh
Atron -4.67m
Federation Navy Comet +29.45m

(20:50:37) Aivonen
Incursus +0.43m

(21:03:25) Aldranette
Atron -3.66m
Vigil Fleet Issue -20.46m

(21:27:47) Abune
Incursus +0.43m

(21:41:18) Murethand
Federation Navy Comet -19.97m
Incursus -9.17m
Rupture +50.77m
Capsule +0.01m
Vexor -13.65m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 476,083,640.77
ISK Lost: 108,005,584
ISK Delta: 368,078,056.77
Efficiency: 81.509%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff) Short form-up, good fleet manoeuvres and discipline. Used broadcasts and fleet warps. Great comms during the rattlesnake attempt in switching points and killing drones
    (Negative stuff) Occasionally gave instructions off the yellow brick road as I thought where to go next. Could be confusing so best explain next time
Last edited by B'aldrick Aivoras on 2018.12.24 07:46, edited 4 times in total.
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Pink Kondur

Re: [AAR] Christmas Tater Tots 18/12/23 19:00

Post by Pink Kondur »

Shame we didn't get the rattlesnake :)
Shoutout to everyone though, we initially only lost two ships but proceeded to hold tackle for 23 minutes untill the reinforcements arrived.
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Thanks to baldrick for providing ships on contract AND reships in Ichoria!
Thanks to my logibros!

Had good fun!

Since I had to get off a bit sooner here is my shortend feedback:

- Operational organisation just great! As I said your provided ships and reships, your route planing was good. You checked the region for activitie beforehand and during fleet.
- You have a calming command presence (on me at least) even in the tricky situations. You always sound relaxed and that gurbs my natural "exuberance" quite good! One of the reasons I like flying with you.
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Porsche Amarr
Title: Sophomore

Post by Porsche Amarr »

B'aldrick, thanks again for the fleet. It was, as mentioned above, calm and methodical. Pre-organised contracts meant that I could change roles at short notice and practice Logi (thanks for those too). We got some interesting content and now looking forward to the next one. :-)

All the best for Christmas.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

*Bump*

Full AAR now up with Fleet recording highlights - my mic didn't capture though :(

If any one has recorded the fleet, it would be great to hear things from your perspective.
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Great AAR. I really like the level of detail you put in there. I think it’s fantastic that you engaged somethings you weren’t sure about. Personally I think those are the best fights. It gives you as FCC a chance to learn more about your engagement profile and the dps numbers game, and t gives your fleet the chance to engage something that they may not have before.

I also noticed everybody is on most of the killmails, so nice work holding things to make sure everyone gets on there. Makes the straggling newbros happy when they can catch up and still get on there.

Nice work!
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage