Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly.
<<

Xyrin Bacard

Portrait

Post 2019.01.07 08:17

Xyrin's solo pvp experience in Curse

2019/01/07
Just arrived at Litom with some Stabbers, decided to take one out for a spin, smell the fresh air of Curse and learn the lay of the land. When travelling through Utopia, I noticed a Sabre and Ishtar on dscan near the Hemin gate. Warping to a tac, I noticed the Sabre sitting alone on the gate with the Ishtar no longer there. Trying my luck, I warp down to the gate and jumped through. The Sabre followed and dropped a bubble. Wanting the Sabre to aggro, I aligned out with mwd off, trying to act as easy prey and baiting him into scramming me. To my pleasant surprise, he fell for it. Knowing that he's not alone, I needed to kill him quick. Thankfully, this is exactly what my Stabber is fit for and he didn't seem to realize that. Thirty seconds later, the Sabre was a steaming hot wreck. Soon after, his friend in a... Drake jumps in, but I've already started burning away. By the time he locked me, I was well out of point range and moonwalked away while exchanging gfs in local.

Sabre: 82,869,318.65

Not done with the night yet, I decide to poke into Catch and see if I can harass any ratters. Dotlan shows ratting in 6-MM so I check it out. After finding two afk VNIS on dscan, I warp to them to see if I can do any damage. I almost died. Turns out heavy drones apply quite nicely to cruisers. I almost kill a single Praetor when I started taking armor damage. Frantically warping out and leaving my drones, I realized that Stabbers aren't suited for VNI hunting, never do this. Licking my wounds at a safe, I swore to myself I'll get revenge when I properly train into my wolves.
At the safe, I saw a Hyena on dscan with a Loki and Vexor, likely part of the response fleet to get me. After playing cat and mouse with the Hyena for a while, I realized it was getting late and decided to head home. The Hyena chased me nearly to Litom but gave up after being separated from his friends. In hindsight, I'm glad I decided to run instead of suicide for the Hyena as I doubt I would've been able to kill it without drones before it webs me and runs out of my falloff range, leaving me helpless.
<<

Xyrin Bacard

Portrait

Post 2019.01.09 06:54

Re: Xyrin's solo pvp experience in Curse

2019/01/08
Poked into Catch again. Was messing around in a system playing cat and mouse with the response fleet when I managed to find and isolated Stilleto. It rammed me and I managed to kill it before I died to his friends.

Stilleto: 42,002,007.59
Stabber: 27,589,073.57

Poked into Catch again and found a bomber fleet with a black ops battleship tethered at a Fortizar (were they dropping?). The battleship MJDed in direction but failed to catch me. Seeing that I got their attention, I warped to a planet at 100km with the hope of the bombers chasing. Hopefully I could pick one off before they get me. All went according to plan but the last part, the bombers managed to put me into armor before I could even lock on to one of them and killed me a second after, I expected to last a bit longer than that. Looks like I underestimated how much torpedoes can apply to cruisers especially with multiple target painters on you.

Stabber: 27,828,866.217

Skipped past Catch and heading to Immensea this time, I spotted a Procurer undocking and warping to a gate. I follow through and manage to catch it on the other side... only to get scrammed and webbed by it. Confused, I try aligning out while shooting it while a Brutix jumps in. After what seems like an eternity, I break his shields and armor... only to find my autocannon rounds barely chink his hull, by then I die to the Brutix. It turns out Procurers can be insanely tanky and make quite good bait. I guess I'll be avoiding them from now on.

Stabber: 27,702,325.41

I headed back to Catch again and dip into a ratting pocket. I spent too much time there and the locals managed to form a response fleet. Unfortuneatly there were no frigates in the fleet for me to pick off so I try to leave. After playing some more cat and mouse and considering logging off, I managed to find an isolated Sabre. Unfortunately it was bait as a Loki was cloaked beside it, I couldn't kill this one fast enough before getting webbed down and dying.

Stabber: 27,088,531.01

I decided to try one more time before I had to sleep and headed to a different part of Catch. After entering another ratting pocket and playing more cat and mouse with the response fleet, I managed to find an isolated Taranis. I approached it with mwd on, but this interceptor was too smart to ram me. He kept a stable orbit outside scram range and I start frantically trying to approach him while his friends caught up. Even then, I still managed to get the Taranis into hull before falling. If I had tried slingshotting him instead of panicking and trying to approach, he definitely would've been dead.

Stabber: 27,711,815.97
Last edited by Xyrin Bacard on 2019.01.15 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Xyrin Bacard

Portrait

Post 2019.01.15 11:11

Re: Xyrin's solo pvp experience in Curse

2019/01/09

Was checking Doril for any content when I saw a lone Hecate on the gate. I engaged knowing that it should be an easy fight for the Stabber. Halfway through his armor, an Augoror warps in and heals him to full, this results in another dead Stabber

Stabber: 28,856,993.02

Later roamed to a different part of Curse when a Malediction from a Retribution gang caught me on a gate. I wasn't able to get scram on the interceptor in time before the rest of the gang finished me. I fell with the Malediction getting into hull.

Stabber: 28,370,521.37

My last Stabber died in an even more pathetic fashion after getting caught in a bubble camp by a Stratios. I got lazy and started warping from gate to gate since Curse wasn't very active at the time.

Stabber: 27,437,800.22

Welp, that's all I had. Until I get more Stabbers shipped down I'm probably gonna krab some more in PC9 while I wait. I'm also thinking of trying a new fit as there wasn't too many incidences where triple gyro scram fit was useful. I was either being kited by interceptors or brawled by other cruisers so there wasn't anything small I could pick off in time before dying.

Return to After Action Reports