First kill AAR

Manolius Theodorous

First kill AAR

Post by Manolius Theodorous »

This is my first AAR along with my first kill of an enemy.

I was going to do a PvE mission in Gisleres with my Vexor in HSC. When I warped to Ansale there was Tamberlain a WT at the gate with a Sunesis.
He immediately launched his drones and engaged me. I launched my hobgoblin II drones and engaged also. Since it was a PvE ship I had 2 large shield extenders II and also a medium armor repairer but no warp scrambler. So eventually he retreaded when I was getting his armor damaged to 2/3.
It was a close call for me also since my shields were depleted and I used my armor repair to keep my armor at minimum damage. While fleeing he left his drones behind which I salvaged.

He contacted me on private chat asking if I would like a rematch. I told him I did not have a scrambler, but if he would waited for me to refit my ship with one we could give it a shot. He agreed and I took a warp scrambler and removed my salvager with another Dual 150mm Railgun II.
We gave a rendezvous to Gisleres at 20Km he planned to come close range, so I had my guns armed with Javelin ammo. We both launched 5x hobgoblin II and we engaged, I targeted everything on him since I supposed I could do as much damage as possible to a smaller ship. He on the other hand mostly targeted my drones which he destroyed. I had him scrambled and webbed so I tried to keep orbit at 7Km. After he killed my drones I launched another 5x hobgoblin II which helped me get the final blow, while he was trying to get away from my warp scrambler.

Kill report: https://zkillboard.com/kill/73952051/

Below this is my fit
Spoiler
[Vexor, Vexor]
Shadow Serpentis Adaptive Nano Plating
Medium Armor Repairer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Damage Control II

Warp Scrambler II
Large Shield Extender II
50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Hobgoblin II x2
Hammerhead I x4

Javelin M x480
Lead Charge M x232
Spike M x600
Antimatter Charge M x2100
lobevaser

Re: First kill AAR

Post by lobevaser »

good job , good kill
Lobevaser - Teacher
Graduate
Zoltan Irvam
Title: Teacher, Freshman

Post by Zoltan Irvam »

Hi,

congratulations on your first solo kill!

Interesting that this pilot with a very green killboard from ganks agreed to a duel dessie vs cruiser. Killing the drones of a droneboat like the vexor is a usual tactic (called defanging) - of course something with a large drone hangar might have multiple flights which will ruin it... as you proved.

PS: You might want to have a look at the tank of your fit - using armour and shield tank at the same time is usually non-optimal.

Zoltan
VincentSeradin

Post by VincentSeradin »

Congratulations on your kill! It sounds like a well-earned victory, :D

Echoing Zoltan's comment, I would also agree that for both PvE and PvP encounters, you should emphasize either shield or armor tank, not both. Without modules to enhance the shield resistances, the shield extender does not provide much buffer to incoming damage. Both armor plates and shield extenders work best when paired with resistance modules so that the HP they add is greatly enhanced.

Your fitting seems quite solid, but if you drop your shield extender for a capacitor battery, this will provide additional capacitor to run your armor repairer. Since you have adaptive nano platings on your armor, paired with the additional resistances of a damage control, your HP recovery is actually much higher than what it seems on the module, as your incoming damage is being blunted by the resistances.
Glen Burney
Title: Manager (LSC), Fittings staff, Ensign, Sophomore, Management

Post by Glen Burney »

Excellent kill, and good on you to switch to Javelin knowing that your enemy would be close. Consider using 'Keep at range' when you are using rails, that will help with tracking, or use manual piloting and try to match his trajectory or approach as necessary if he is getting out of scram range. You both had scram and web, so it's likely he would have been able to get away in the end since your ship is slower (i'm pretty sure, anyway)...

ImageImageImage
Most all-time kills by a Unista, more than 14k ships exploded, 4k more than the next best (heart Kelon)
Manolius Theodorous

Post by Manolius Theodorous »

Thank you all for your support.
So you would suggest something like the below fit more armor oriented?
Spoiler
[Vexor, *End of the World]
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Medium Armor Repairer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Warp Scrambler II

Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II
Dual 150mm Railgun II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Hobgoblin II x10
Caldari Navy Wasp x3

Javelin M x2240
Spike M x1000
Antimatter Charge M x1040
Keep in mind that although it has a bit more resistance and better capacitator it has 3000 shield hit points less which is a good buffer with meidium -anti -EM rig. Especially for me which I am quite new in the game and passive defence is always better.