Grievous Agony - Hyperion
Kilgore Troute - Caracal
Kirsid Tannaway - Prophecy, Caracal
Mongo the Mechanic - Caracal
Penelore - Scythe
Swatmo - Incursus
Xanthys Pike - Caracal
Kills and Losses

This whole shemozzle started as a solo baiting Prophecy in Oue, where I was hoping for a repeat of last night's Myrm kill. Sadly, after the Punishers scouted me out, a Hyperion landed and I died quickly under the blasters.

Prophecy -103.89m

After, I convoed Ciba to see if we could set up a fleet fight, unfortunately they were low on numbers, so after we received intel on a null bubble-camp, we decided to join forces to break it up. By the time we got formed into a shield doctrine however, it was gone. We decided not to head into null, and just roam into low, to the hotspots of Nennemalia, Tama and Asakai. We met up in Ost, and set off with Archimedes as a scout.

Tristan warped with us to the outgate, but landed at 100-ish off and our cyclone landed a nice MJDunk. It died before the fleet could get to them to get on the kill.

Tristan +6.4m

Relatively uneventful until we got to Tama, where an AF gang was spotted. Ciba volunteered to bait and I agreed, not noticing that they were a Caracal, and not the Cyclone. RIP

Caracal -26.89m

Fortunately, a Caracal managed to alpha the Crucifier off the field.

Crucifier +5.16m
Capsule +0.01m

We found a couple of the above gang harrassing a Magnate at the sun, so we tried for them. I warped the fleet to the scout early, but fortunately they were close to the 'warp to at 0' point.

Retribution +64.81m
Capsule +0.82m

Found a Puri+Vexor at the small, there was another AF on grid, but they left before any tackle was landed. It turned out later the Vexor was trying to get the afk Puri. (Can't remember if the scout or point caracal found these)

Purifier +64.06m
Vexor +24.4m
Capsule +0.01m

Scout found a Typhoon and Arma, with a Celestis and...something else on the other side of the out gate, and we held on the gate for them to jump. Typhoon was the first to uncloak, and was primary, stuff kept coming and it only dropped into hull before we scattered.

Scythe -15.29m
Caracal -35.35m
Incursus -3.56m
Caracal -12.22m
Scythe -20.53m
Caracal -13.47m

Pod party to get home after we got wiped.

Capsule -0.53m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 165,676,082.94
ISK Lost: 231,762,107.86
ISK Delta: -66,086,024.92
Efficiency: 41.686%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    Pews was had! Usually dead at this time, so that was a nice change.
    Caracals performed reasonably well in lowsec.
    Logi were great at holding us until it was just overwhelming.
    Multiple people were keeping an eye out and searching for content, this really helped to catch stuff in Tama.
    (Negative stuff)
    Long form-up. That said, we switched our plans a couple of times.
    I should have asked what ship the bait was going to be in. A single t1 cruiser would have just been eaten alive. And was.
    In the final fight, setting up an anchor and being further off the gate would have helped logi, that said, being sorta scattered helped us scatter a little better.
    Also, pulling out from the fight earlier would have been a good idea. After the stuff kept pouring through the gate, I should have just called to run to cut losses. We were heavily outshipped by the end of it all.
    Finally, need to keep an eye on names. The cloaky Proteus that we had seen earlier at least twice was tailing us. It also participated in the fight.
    Ah. Also need to do pre-fleet stuff like MOTD and preparation better.
Kilgore Troute

Re: [AAR] How not to pew - 18/11/2018

Post by Kilgore Troute »

You did a fine job, keep it up bud.
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] How not to pew - 18/11/2018

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

We changed the plans a lot during forming, I think that is why it took some time. Apart from that you did decent job. There was not much content around sadly. But at least we did some pvp. That Tempest was the obvious bait but never not take the bait eh ? :lol: I enjoyed it.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage