[WHC] Nulldive: Small Ships II 2018-11-03T18:00Z

Conci Furiram
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate

[WHC] Nulldive: Small Ships II 2018-11-03T18:00Z

Post by Conci Furiram »

We found caps.

We had 10 people this week. Form-up took way too long because we couldn't get people into Jags/RFF. Ships are 50m tops and are available on contract and on the market; there's no excuse for the long form-up!

We roamed around and found nothing till we ran into Bomber's Bar ganking two Rorquals. After they had left, the locals dropped a Chimera and Minokawa with a Kestrel and Harpy to play with us.

On this fleet, I tested my recording set-up and it works. Now I can forever watch my ship piloting degrade every time I'm focusing on the fleet!

The video is rich with learning points for everyone involved:
  • Split damage due to mismanaged drones.
  • Bad positioning.
  • Broadcast early.
  • Always have AB on.
  • Minokawa locks really fast.
  • Fighter alpha is a concern on T1 Comet. We need to be T2 for carrier-hunting.
  • Caps are new norm.
Final battle report lacking all the templars we killed.
Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

Re: [WHC] Nulldive: Small Ships II 2018-11-03T18:00Z

Post by Zako Maken »

So awesome to have the video. I think this will finally motivate me to start recording. What program do you use?

Also, I learned from this how combat timers work for logi which is great to know!
Image Image Image
Conci Furiram
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate

Re: [WHC] Nulldive: Small Ships II 2018-11-03T18:00Z

Post by Conci Furiram »

I used OBS. Hardest part was getting my own mic to record since it isn't in the desktop output. I used mic input in OBS and set the push-to-talk key same as my Mumble one--had to make sure it's not suppressed in the Mumble settings. Then fixed mic audio like this guy says: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bz7Uoi8Mpc