[WHC] Fun Sunday Chain

Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

[WHC] Fun Sunday Chain

Post by Zako Maken »

Whiny Preamble: I am pretty sick and running low on sleep, I decide I'll log on and do some mining to chill. Then I FC my second fleet ever from a logi ship. Oops!

Roam members Round 1 (7)
Spoiler
Conci Furiram
Jeracho Dorne - Imperial Navy Slicer
Kranamor Andedare - Enyo
Lucius Septimus Severus - Inquisitor
Oh' Leeador - Enyo
Sone Eto - Federation Navy Comet
Zako Maken - Inquisitor
Conci finds a ratting Raven in 3 B3. Form up small ships but raven docks. They warp a Tornado at range to *3 B3. Conci gets us a warp in, we jump and kill the tornado. Scoop loot and back down to * to see what happens. They undock Chimera and I call jump. Conci informs that the Chimera landed on the hole at 0 and that these guys like dropping stuff on us. We head back home to reship.

I wonder if we should have just grabbed tackle, panic pinged, and hoped to hold long enough for help to arrive. Insight into this would be appreciated as I know little about ships larger than Battleships.

We jump into innu and there's an Ashimmu 20k off the hole. Gotta be too good to not be bait, but no it's just good. I ping and we form up light armor.

"Zako Maken : folks in 3b3 dropped a chimera on our small ships gank. Forming Light Armor to try and get a fight. Need at least one more aug and proph"

Kills and Losses

(15:12:06) J111000
Tornado +76.61m

(15:26:53) J211936
Ashimmu +268.65m

Roam members Round 2 (10)
Spoiler
Conci Furiram
Drakken Lowenhertz - Augoror
Jeracho Dorne - Augoror Navy Issue
Kranamor Andedare - Vexor Navy Issue
Lucius Septimus Severus - Augoror
Nicholas Pilger - Prophecy
Oh' Leeador - Brutix
Sone Eto - Prophecy
Troven Smalvard - Malediction
Zako Maken - Augoror
We undock and there's a nightmare on .Bacon. I ask conci to come back and get eyes on *bacon. It's clear so I stupidly have the fleet warp to .bacon at 0 even though I have no idea where the nightmare is. Nightmare was 100 off and he's fast. Also, now we have an Armageddon in 2 B3. Troven reships into tackle and goes for Armageddon. We head that way and kill it.

What followed was a confusing jumble to me and I'm rather hazy on what happened. The nightmare followed and jumped in as we were at range killing the Armageddon. We were warping around the *2 B3 grid trying to kill it when a Praxis lands at some point and we kill it and then another lands and we kill that too. Throughout this time I was pretty quiet as I was just trying to keep up with fleet, keep cap chain up, and respond to broadcasts for reps. Conci covered for me and took over a bit, with great help from troven on tackle.

At some point I pull it together after we kill the second praxis and say "Leave the Nightmare. Pull drones, scoop loot, and align back to *. I need to go soon." To which Jeracho responds "Yeah I'm in the same boat." I call jump and OOPS!!! I took a light armor fleet through a shrink hole and forgot all about it. The hole collapses with Jeracho, Conci, Troven, and I stuck in the C5 (yes the two people that need to go).

We quickly scatter and make safes as we desperately scan to get out and they combat scan to find us. We find their C3 static and for some reason they polarize themselves checking it out so we jump through into the C3 no problem. The C3 has a lowsec static 5 jumps from eggs and we skedaddle home. Better to be lucky than good I guess!!

Kills and Losses

(15:56:58) J235108
Armageddon +327m
Praxis +409.83m
Praxis +362.07m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,444,167,088.07
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 1,444,167,088.07
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)

Great scouting and FCing help from Conci
    Great independent piloting in the face of poor FCing from me
    No losses, good job logi

(Negative stuff)

FCing for the second time ever while rather sick and doing logi probably not smart, I'm sure someone would have took over logi for me
    Have to communicate more with fleet
    Need to keep better track of entire grid and keep fleet together
Feedback welcome and anyone who was there and wants to fill in gaps feel free!
Image Image Image
Jeracho Dorne
Title: Personnel Officer, Mentor, Graduate

Re: [WHC] Fun Sunday Chain

Post by Jeracho Dorne »

Thanks for Fcing this one. To be honest if no one steps up then fleets don't happen, so even if you feel you weren't at 100% I am grateful you put yourself forward.

Two very different fleets, another example of the good doctrines we are using Inthe whc right now, thanks Urban btw. Both SS and LA are cheap throw away ships but very effective and fun to fly.

I highly recommend all new bros get those doctrines in their hangers.

We did miss fast tackle which would have grabbed the nightmare, my ANI just couldn't catch him. Otherwise damn good fleets.
Graduate

Retired - Finance Manager - Assistant Diplomacy Manager - Low Sec Campus Manager LSC - Senior Personnel Officer - Solitude Campus Officer - Communication Officer
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage