AMC Teaching Tuesday Learns Everything

Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

AMC Teaching Tuesday Learns Everything

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I've started a Teaching Tuesday programme within the AMC, first up was wormhole ratting.

The concept was cheap fit T1 Battlecruisers, looking for C2 or a C3 wormwhole with lots of sites. I would talk about what we were doing, how we were doing it to encourage people to try new things. While isk was nice, it was secondary to the experience.

Fleet Members:
Spoiler
Zeerse Solaris
JPNS
Devoros Vyndiver
Liam Udan
Tau Hopper
Mentally Unfit (OOC former member)
I identified an unoccupied C2 with 28 combat sites and a few data sleeper sites. I checked all the connections, one C4 looking potentially dangerous with 3 people docked up in a citadel, and the others quiet C1s. After 2 hours the C4 guys showed no interest in the C2 but as an extra precaution I bubbled it with a mobile warp disruptor. My thought being that dscan would reveal anyone having to slowboat out of it if we were within dscan range of it, and/or they would need to kill it and I would receive the killmail as early warning.

An hour and a half passed uneventfully, my t2 fit coercer doing a good job with the salvaging, the 4 drakes, 1 myrmidon and Tengu (brought by the old member) were making easy work of the sites without any pressure on the tank of anyone on grid.

At that point a Heretic landed on grid and bubbled, up a portion of the fleet, not getting everyone. JPNS instinctly took over calling a defence while I got the salvager and his loot out who was clearing up a separate site (I was multi-boxing the salvager role as no other volunteers).

An Armageddon, Hyperion, Gila and Absolution somewhat trickled in, maybe because of the afore mentioned bubble. The Heretic was called primary by JPNS and my ogres eventually forced him away. I was almost out of his bubble when I was pointed and went down, although I got my (clean) pod away.

With us spreading out to escape and forcing the heretic off, 3 survived including the Tengu and 3 died.

https://zkillboard.com/related/31000820/201810022100/

What went well:

Learning was had - information imparted on wormhole ratting, the Rikki guide to sites, etc.
Running the sites was efficient http://evepraisal.com/a/jja1p
Despite the PvE fits we were able to get the bubbler off grid enabling some of the fleet to escape
Expectations were set at the start death could occur so ships should be insured, pods should be clean

What didn't got well:
My instinct was correct about the C4, I could have carried on looking or just cancelled
We missed the heretic on dscan, discussing it afterwards, we're not entirely clear why, people said they were spamming it, it doesn't help when two of the fleet didn't have microphones, perhaps they did but couldn't type fast enough.
We had a T2 rigged fit ship with faction modules along, which added a lot to the loss column, my doctrine was relatively disposable fits about half the cost of that one loss.
We did have an astero on a second account with someone else in fleet, they were sitting on the high sec connection, they should have been on the C4 as a more risky connection than a quiet high sec one.

isk made;
+196m - blue loot and sleeper salvage

isk lost;
-396m (a certain amount of double counting as my MTU sucked up some of our loot and then got shot)

Everyone said they had fun inspite of the losses. Next week is a more sedate shared can where I'll be teaching how to run and FC one.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
JohnPlayerNotSpecial
Title: Events Staff, Bloober, Graduate

Re: AMC Teaching Tuesday Learns Everything

Post by JohnPlayerNotSpecial »

It was a good fleet !

What we could have done better is as you wrote: move that cloaky scout to the C4 instead the HS. At some points, as in spamming V while even blabbling about keyboard dying just because of that, i was wondering "oh look no bubble on D" without realising "move that very awesome (and very pretty) SoE ship so we have vision as in dscan" would have been the correct answer.

Hindsight :)

It was a good fleet (repeating myself) and ending it on an explosion was fitting to a wh space experience. Despite the fact ppl werent really engaging in comms i had fun.

o/

Rem: That must have been a long warp, saw that heretic on D a second before it landed. After which came "align out, warp off once you're out of the bubble, everything on the bubbler" ;)
signature.