Marcus Arilia - Caracal
Mongo the Mechanic
Neemo Beer
Penelore
Satoshi Tomeii - Sabre
Tassadar Gantrithor
One word to explain tonight: Capitals

Kills and Losses

After successfully making it to Thera in the nick of time (5 minutes left on the hole) we went into Branch to go mess with some ratters. As soon as we got into Branch and stated to head to our first destination we came across a Tornado, an Orthrus and a few other assorted ships scattered about 100 off the gate... with 30 other people in system. I decided to reverse and go the other way. As we went the other way, we came across a lone Caracal going from gate to gate.

(01:23:30) T-Q2DD
Caracal +17.96m

As we progressed through the fleet, we came across a few Hel's and other assorted carriers. I wanted to just bypass them, but they had someone reseboing a Slepnir and two Hel's on gate with fighters out. I thought it was a bit to much of a warm welcome. We turned around and headed the other way to avoid welping the fleet on the spot. In hindsight, if I would have gotten into their system faster I could have probably picked off a few assorted fast tackle ships before having to leave.

On our (very) long way back to PC9, we came across a Rorqual and a Skiff mining in a signature. Ker'Tesh went for tackle on the Skiff and I warped the fleet in on top of him. Once the fleet was on grid we were unable to break its tank due to the Rorqual repping it. As we discovered that we weren't going to kill it, the Rorqual cyno'd in a Thanatos and I told the fleet to scatter. Unfortunately, during the engagement, we lost most of our scouts and fast tackle.

(02:28:32) 2R-CRW
Succubus -89.11m
Sabre -96.81m
Hawk -75.62m

(03:14:00) Mantenault, MHC-R3
Coercer +2.11m
Mobile Medium Warp Disruptor I +2.47m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 22,541,750.13
ISK Lost: 261,535,263.77
ISK Delta: -238,993,513.64
Efficiency: 7.935%

In the end, I need to really really work on how clear I am as an FC. I have trouble with the system names, managing the fleets, creating a mental picture from what the scouts are seeing, and deciding which information is important at the same time. I know it is a tall wall to climb over, but the ability to get out of information overload is just something that comes with time. I believe that being an FC, even if its small gang, is the first step to becoming a much better player and FC. Even though sometimes I feel like a complete failure, you always have to remember that you are learning, your fleet is learning, and that is the goal of the entire fleet. We aren't a group of PvP gurus, we are just a bunch of like-minded players who sit behind behind a screen and attempt to get better at what we love. Even if it's not instant gratification, we know that what we are putting time into will one day lead us to where we want to be. And anyway, it just a game... right?
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Marcus Arilia

Re: [AAR] Sunday Night Vanguard Roam - 2018/10/01

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Agreed, it’s a game. I’d were not having fun, why are we playing?
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage