(WHC) - the 2 that got away

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

(WHC) - the 2 that got away

Post by Troven Smalvard »

A tale of subterfuge, piracy and grave tactical errors from your FC who goes to the timeout corner to reflect.
(hopefully bed time looming makes me cut down on my usual ramble)

Chain is a dry, i've been the only one logged encamps for the last 90 mins and i can't find any solo ganks. i'm hacking with a closed chain when few people finally log on.

we roll back almost straight away to go hunting.... and bob rewards those who look. first jump off bacon, Vlo has a bargest and wrecks on D...in a C6

he's not at an annom so Vlo sets about narrowing Dscan while i can for small ships.

form up is smart get 2 logi straight off and someone spilled the beans as 2 or 3 more peeps logged on since we rolled
solo brashest in a C6 has to be extreme sniper fit so getting the site sig won't help us much, i sent my combat scanner through, theres nowhere off grid to drop probes so its a one shot deal.
direction from Vlo is good.
everyone jump in hold cloak.
take this warp!@....

tackle is called and he melts https://zkillboard.com/kill/72598395/ +1.5 bil
bob also loves a fast form up and tells the loot fairy to continue the streak.

we loot and extract, leaving eyes behind.......

PART 2

the BB pilot is not a resident in C6 and initially they try and respond by chasing our scouts asteroid in a garmur but he is on the ball and evades
they know we came through bacon but not where from.

out eyes spot an straits and astero jump in bacon and start scanning for our home,

we lay a trap in innu on bacon with a bubbler, comet for fast tackle/decloak and a prophecy to make sure.
we also have 2 logi s we not sure what bacon up could be one jump out but we will see it coming which is perfect.

strat decloaks on * bacon scout calls him out bubble is up and we hold breath as he jumps in,
he holds cloak for full term and asteroid also jumps in to try distract us.
when he pops we get him before he can cloak dis on
he crashes and we chase.....
our bubble machine gets a bit mixed up on the other side and doesn't break gate jump cloak and bubbles are not forth coming and start escapes

as this going on Macherial and a confessor on route from their team in 2b1 on the bacon connect. hold grid we can have a go at this....
were are in the late bible we align and burn out.. and we are of to the races... 2b1

mid warp if feel we've come a cropper as 2nd Mach tengu and "something else" land on the other side of the hole we are plummeting towards
i feel were about to be smothered and call immediate align back on land.
props will be slowest and so ask them to confirm they aligned before we leave.\\the baddies are to slow to chase and we evade capture

looking at intel there is no further escalation coming, someone says heavy armour we can take this. but we are not doing 2 guards which is what we have.
so...
we get a 3rd aug, and small stuff uplifts to list armour, ANI's and ruptures are immediate swapped in - nice pick up guys, 2 quick forms with out much fuss

their stratios is baiting on .bacon, but we still have scouts and alt eyes and know the mach are at 0 on *bacon with the confessor and what ever the other thing was

we engage strat but they don't come for us he leaves as going down quick.
call logi to burn in i wanna catch a mach
we jump bacon, tackle the things.

personal feel good moment (won't be long)
call priorities reasonably well i think.
tackle damage and neuts all given separate instruct [i didn't broadcast could be an improvement but only 4/5 ships on grid- "lock everything is called"]
also call light drones on to the eco bots as a 4th order as don't want to lose tackles.

damage on the lessor, he's at close range and reaction just in time we get him in structure quick before he manages to jump it surprised even me and i was too slow on over heat call.

damage onto mach 1 i wanna test what tank they have,

he bleeds down fairly quick actually but logi are calling to overheat reps so its close.
we manage to force mach 1 to jump before we lose roxanne and now with reduced DPS logi I can catch up (3rd logi on the reform saved the day)
damage on second mach, has tougher (so blingier - please bob :D )

i let everyone know when this one jumps we chase. by this point they should know they're are out numbered and will look to extract. i know they have the asteroid eyes.scanner in innu and so could extract later though eggs if its not even already scanned.

here is my mistake and feels bad FC
i mucked up polarisation timing that we jumped first to grab them
we are polarised in innu and although we reapply damage they can moonwalk back to bacon and leave, we still have 30-45s left before we can chase and mach warp to fast . they are already in 2b1 before we can jump again and all is lost and i kick the dog.

we recover scattered drones keep eyes, a couple more t3cs land on *2b1 but don't come into bacon and leave as soon as machs off D

in summary
+ve
  • * real nice scouting and intel across gank to info gather to trap prep to pre and post fleet fight - great communication guys
    * the continuing wish to roll bacon to find baddies, plus everyone having doctrine ships to hand gives me the warm fuzzies :flutteryay:
    * awesome combat probe :winky sarcastic face:
    * people calling tackle on x target in the 3rd person is FC dream . love you
    * on point with application, i had no split damage :thumbs up:
    * logi bros did it right and made the verbal to let me know where we were
    * faction launchers to pay the ferryman - seriously get scouting boys and girls - vlo made 100mil for finding the brashest; roxane is pvp Y top earner this week, pvp can pay for its self!!
-ves
  • * FC we write out the polarisation wiki page 100 times
    * pings and bookmarks on an alt not in corp can get seen by unistas :/
    * there definitely more, please add learning points on what to do different below if you were there. (if you weren't you can make hypotheticals )
    * its too late to find a suitable AAR gig
ImageImage ImageImage