[WAR] Initial engagement with Steel Rain

Jacob Velora
Title: Assistant Manager (Teaching), HSC Logistics Officer, Senior Personnel Officer, Mentor, Sophomore, Management

[WAR] Initial engagement with Steel Rain

Post by Jacob Velora »

Spoiler
Participants:
Jacob Velora (FC)
lobevaser
Usari Hurtini
Jessica Farrish
Tau Hopper
Edwin Clough
Milja Itazura
Pyschotic Fickity
Fleet Preperation

1 war target entered Jufvitte minutes after the war started. It was soon identified he was in a Proteus. Unfortunately a Uni VNI warped to the Rogue Drone site where the proteus was already waiting. This resulted in the loss of his ship but was not considered part of the fleet operations.
This led the HSC standing fleet to respond. Due to the concern we did not have enough DPS, i upshipped to a Tengu and fitted explosive missiles due to information received on his last fit.

Fleet Actions
I warped to the Rogue Drone site alone and engaged him immediately. When I had scram I called the rest of the fleet in. I neglected to remind ECM to warp at range - This led to the loss of a Griffin. Apart from that the target was destroyed with no further losses from our side.

Losses:
Griffin

Kills:
Proteus

Lessons Learned

Instruct ECM and Logi to warp to me at range.
Milja Itazura
Title: Freshman

Re: [WAR] Initial engagement with Steel Rain

Post by Milja Itazura »

Personal lesson learned: If you're volunteering for a particular role, make sure you have a ship fit (or have all the pieces to throw one together really fast). I offered to be Logi, but as I was the only logi on our side BLAP Augoror didn't seem like a good idea (which I always have the parts for). So I quickly unpackaged my Exequeror and fit it as best I could.

It'll be ready for next time...
Milja Itazura
"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

"Ha ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!'"

Current industry initiatives:

Beginner Exploration contracts available in 101

Gallente Starter Packs available in 101

Caldari Starter Packs available in 101

I'm also on the "Pretty Good Refine List"!
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Re: [WAR] Initial engagement with Steel Rain

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

It seems good kitchen sink response. For the next time maybe we can use some Scyte (Minmatar T1 Logistics) around campus for QRFs.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage