[AAR] Vanguard Provi Fleet

Tassadar Gantrithor

[AAR] Vanguard Provi Fleet

Post by Tassadar Gantrithor »

[PVP Fleet] 00:00 9/16/2018 - Vanguard Provi Fleet

Fleet started out with roughly 16 in fleet. We departed from Choonka and headed down into Providence. We had three neutral inty/interdictors following behind us. Reported intel from a scout, purposely lagging behind, noted a fleet of Omen Navy Issues trailing.

We proceeded through Catch faster than the Omen Navy gang and back into Providence space to head to the southern regions. Upon entering a back pocket to check an Ice belt for miners, a bubbler from Severance came behind us and stopped in G7AQ-7. Once we got back into G7 from the pocket, a gang of Caracals was detected in our path. Bouncing to a safe and then warping back to FSW-3C we jumped through FSW.

We then proceeded to bubble the gate and close in on the gate to await the caracal gang. Numbers were underestimated and they brought a full fleet of RLM Caracals that was double our size. Once the engagement commenced logi was targeted first and fell quickly. We were able to get a few kills, however, the DPS was overwhelming to our fleet as members died very quickly.

Roam members (19)
Spoiler
Archemide - Blackbird
Ariel Khadina - Blackbird
CyberBlackEagle - Osprey
Durnik Risalo - Bellicose
Erasmus Himura - Blackbird
Fenris Bloodbound
Ged Sinak - Bellicose
Junmei Hucel-Ge - Blackbird
Ker'Tesh Tarir - Condor
Maynard Orlenard - Bellicose
Neemo Beer - Blackbird
Penelore - Osprey
Satoshi Tomeii - Sabre
Shesocold Arkaral - Osprey
Sir Tobias Helm - Blackbird
Slugger Sovereign - Bellicose
Space Warfare Development
Tassadar Gantrithor - Bellicose
Yan Anzomi - Blackbird
Kills and Losses

(01:28:29) FSW-3C
Blackbird -29.96m
Blackbird -29.96m
Sabre -101.74m
Blackbird -17.35m
Blackbird -14.45m
Osprey -18.76m
Osprey Navy Issue +178.04m
Osprey -21.52m
Bellicose -32m
Capsule -0.01m
Caracal +35.55m
Bellicose -15.6m
Blackbird -26.71m
Bellicose -33.92m
Osprey -9.3m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Blackbird -14.54m
Blackbird -26.78m
Bellicose -31.49m
Bellicose -16.5m
Capsule -43.06m
Capsule -7.01m
Capsule -0.95m
Capsule -7.01m
Capsule -20.2m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

Call outs!

Satoshi was my advanced scout with the bubbler and during the final engagement had the entire gate bubbled once we got on through, locking all of us including the enemy fleet, even with their numbers, within the bubbles.

Report Wrap Up!

As the first appearance of the Deceit fleet doctrine, not many understood the concept and structure design of the fleet but as a whole everyone performed very well with these brand new ships. This will be the first of many fleets to come from the Deceit Fleet.

Much of my initial broadcasting with the final engagement was very slow compared to what it should have been. Target calls were slow and as such DPS was spread amongst targets instead of focusing.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Vanguard Provi Fleet

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I think it would be interesting to review the battle report: https://zkillboard.com/related/30003710/201809170100/

I'd really question a declaration of a successful doctrine based on this engagement. against a similar number of anti-frigate cruisers with no logi, everyone dead with 2 kills proves it more doesn't work than does to me. I think a more standard composition of 'proper' dps cruisers would have come out on top of that engagement.

I guess the issues with so many jammers was you were probably all jamming a small number of targets, and it's impossible to spread that many jams evenly across that many targets to make it beneficial.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Ernesto Guevarti

Re: [AAR] Vanguard Provi Fleet

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

Also judging by the number of capsule losses and only mentioning a bubbler on your side, it looks like you effectively suicided a large proportion of your own fleet by leaving them stuck in their own bubbles?