[WHC] When Large Meets Little

Urban Oxide
Title: Wreathe or Bust, Teacher, Graduate

[WHC] When Large Meets Little

Post by Urban Oxide »

When Large Meets Little

Yes this will be an AAR about a site gank, what makes this one interesting is what we fought vs what we brought.

Over the last 2 weeks we here at WHC have undergone a full Doctrine revamp in order to freshen up, one of these new doctrines is the much unknown WHC Small Ships (assault frigates and faction frigates). The plan is for this to become the new go-to Doctrine for anything that moves inside our chain, it's the perfect match for our strengths and weaknesses. Sadly, the day this went live along with supporting threads we were unable to find any activity in our chains to warrant it's use and had to settle for token T1 exploration ships instead (this is not a bad thing).

Out of all the changes this new Doctrine is the one I consider my baby and babies need feeding. Time goes on and my frustrations hit new heights until... " what the? got a Gnosis, Drake, and Dominix on scan with wrecks in bacon" like a dog awaiting owners return I close down my alts and start smiling. Oh' Leeador was the scout at this time and informed us of the situation while getting a warpin, he also informed us of the erratic behaviours he was witnessing while I formed the fleet.

**denotes memory from this point on.

**We form 10 dd and 3 Logi from the WHC Small Ship Doctrine and sit on the bacon entry hole waiting for the call from Oh' Leeador. After a false alarm it's reported that the target gang had warped off but returned to collect their Mobile Tractor Unit at distance and were slowboating back to it. I ask Oh' Leeador to assess the grid and make the call on when to go. The Domi here is the prize and anything else is a bonus, usually the larger the isk value of a ship the more likely someone is to stay and fight and with this in mind I chose the Domi. We're in position and ready "going for tackle decloaking now" I call the jump in when I hear 'decloaked', tackle is confirmed and I tell our fleet to warp to our scout. Being small frigs our align and AU warps are fast so it wouldn't take us long to be on grid and combat active. We land I and I call scrams on Domi and points on Gnosis while moving toward the Drake myself to point, once scram/points are confirmed I move the tackle around in order to control the field. We successfully manage to keep all 3 hard tackled (scrammed and webbed) and begin to eliminate based on threat to fleet in order: Dominix, Gnosis, Drake. Having no choice to stay and fight their gang rightfully focuses our Stratios scout (based on application and value) unfortunately for them our Logi is on the ball and reporting they are holding with ease. All targets melt as we GF and scoop the loots. On the warp back home I felt proud of how we operated, i'm often told new players need hand-holding but this outing proved with simple instructions and teamwork anything is possible.

We return to our citadel and start putting loot into cans, a few minutes later "erm, just had a Stratios decloak on me and i'm going to engage" I frantically ask who is still in their frigs and ready to go. Thankfully due to the earlier gank not many people had time to jump out of ships and so we were in prime position to respond... which we do (frigates so fast :) ).

We hard form and rush to rescue and upon jumping into the engagement, I notice that Oh' leeador had managed to pull the enemy Stratios off the hole but not by much, I make the call to bump and shoot. I'm not sure how close he was to making it back upon death but it looked close. Yet another fine kill.

TLDR: Dominix, Gnosis, Drake, Stratios got Frig'd

GOOD: Fast form, great tackling, awesome listening, good scouting.
BAD: Too petty to mention :)

Good work WHC 9/10

ISK Destroyed: 952m
ISK Lost: 0m
ISK Delta: +952m
Last edited by Urban Oxide on 2018.10.31 03:52, edited 1 time in total.
Kabal Vaille
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] [WHC] When Large Meets Little

Post by Kabal Vaille »

I was there!!!
Good fight. Great AAR.
Small ships rule!!!