[QRF] Never engage the Ersin, for he is always bait...

Gyrgon
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

[QRF] Never engage the Ersin, for he is always bait...

Post by Gyrgon »

The QRF was already forming after the WTs, a Proteus and Cynabal, managed to kill two of our event site running Gilas in the HSC area. When I joined, I quickly took over as FC, since Ersin didn't have a microphone available.

QRF members
Spoiler
Christoph Patrouette
Ersin Oghuz
Gyrgon
lobevaser
Stogal Severasse
Lobe managed to locate the WTs with his alt in Sheenins, 2j from HSC, and we decided to have Ersin jump into Scheenins in his Hyperion to pose as an event site runner / bait, with the rest of holding on the gate in Jufvitte. Ersin was holding on the gate until an event site spawned and was about to warp to a new site when the first WT in his Proteus landed on him and engaged. I had the fleet jump through and primary the Proteus even when the Cynabal landed on the gate as well. We put all tackle, especially webs, on the Proteus to prevent him from burning back to the gate (he had de-aggressed already at this point) and even managed to bump him away. With the Proteus hard tackled and neuted, we continued to burn him down in quick order, while the Cynabal pilot didn't even engage us and just jumped straight past us into Jufvitte and then fled.

Kills and Losses
(08:40) Scheenins
Proteus +800 mil

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 800,447,785.97
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 800,447,785.97
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation
(Positive stuff)
- Bait tactic executed succesfully.
- Fast formup
- The loot fairy was very generous :D
(Negative stuff)
- We had to let the Cynabal go in order to prevent the Proteus from reaching the gate
HSC | NSC | (Solitude) || Former Mentor | Former SRP Staffer

Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Re: [QRF] Never engage the Ersin, for he is always bait...

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Good AAR !

The moment I engaged and tackled him, and you jumped in, he disengaged and waited for weapons timer to fade but thanks to bumps and Ashimmu webs he could not do that.

"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Actually after giving it a second thought, I can say there I did a mistake there. I did have the sufficient tank to hold Proteus fire for some time and I should have hold you at the other side of the gate until his Cynabal friend arrived and attacks me. That would guarentee that Cynabal could not take the gate due to 1 min timer too and maybe we could kill him in the process too. From now on I will evaluate this kind of thing better before calling the whole fleet.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Came for the title stayed for the concise AAR!
Good job ppl!

*humms*
Where there's a whip....
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Raido Kudonen

Post by Raido Kudonen »

ITT: someone thinks the Proteus is still a good PvP ship...
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!