Avrin Dennard - Federation Navy Comet
Conejita - Federation Navy Comet
Ged Sinak - Federation Navy Comet
Ker'Tesh Tarir - Federation Navy Comet
Penelore - Federation Navy Comet
Space Warfare Development - Nemesis
Wokum - Federation Navy Comet
Kills and Losses

This was a beautiful small fleet with fun content tonight. The low sec zone is being re-populated. At first not much happened, but after an hour it got hot. Very enjoyable. Thanks to our US guys who joined the fleet. Asking myself were EU TZ went though. Maybe I should roam around with those guys more often :lol:

Unfortunately, Wokum warped to the Novice instead to Ged. He engaged the Wolf and thought everyone else will be joining in. We found out about this when it was too late. Focus and voice next time please :)

(19:35:59) Tama
Federation Navy Comet -30.08m
Capsule -0.01m

Down one, we went for two Hawks. We got them. Trading one Comet (initial tackle) for 2 Hawks. Later we lost one of our comets while we were dropping off loot and repairing our ships. FYI comet went down just a few sec before the second hawk died... unlucky. with a bit better timing, I might have made it.

(20:06:33) Pynekastoh
Hawk +108.96m
Federation Navy Comet -35.2m
Hawk +60.8m
Federation Navy Comet -30.66m
Capsule -0.01m

Warped to a plex, a lone stiletto there, scramed and killed this guy. My assumption: was afk while on spectre fleet thinking he would be protected.

(20:30:53) Akidagi
Stiletto +70.9m

Later we went for something in a novice. we slid in, our nemesis could not go in. the problem, another frigate gang joined in on us right as we landed. split up we did bounce immediately to save space. it was too late, but we had a nice little after fight, killing two of those guys, i made it out with little to no structure. the rest of the other guys bailed, we scooped about 80 mill of space's loot and traded it back.

space takes great care of his fits and is min maxing his bombers for a while i assume. if yes, it's visible my friend!

(20:39:56) Kinakka
Nemesis -203.44m
Breacher +8.84m
Rifter +14.61m

Later, we fought Red Kardia in a worm. He wasn't damage fit, but it felt like it. I went down so quickly, i couldn't do anything. I assume we could have gone for his drones first?? is that how to fight worms like that? no idea. anyways, we got his buffer down and traded well, sending him back to nisuwa.

(20:53:05) Kinakka
Federation Navy Comet -28.83m
Worm +131.91m
Capsule +0.01m

Don't talk about this and don't mention this to anyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(21:30:43) Reitsato
Federation Navy Comet -30.7m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 396,037,012.98
ISK Lost: 358,920,973.5
ISK Delta: 37,116,039.48
Efficiency: 52.458%

Overall evaluation
  • We had fun, we had action, and we had success.
    Come on guys :) 300 mill from the 360 mill we lost were actually caused by mistakes :P It's not a big deal, but we can do better in regards:

- Better and faster D-Scanning.
    - Awareness of what's were.
    - Pre-aligning and reaction time.
    - Talk with me. I love to hear your voices all day long :)

Let's practice together.

Overall very enjoyable and successful fleet. Hope to fly again.
Wokum
Title: Sophomore

Re: [PVP FLEET] 19:00 Killing Stuff in Non-Hecates ^^

Post by Wokum »

My bad warping to the novice but had a Proteus follow me through the gate from Kedama so was watching him pretty closely. All I heard was "warp to Ged" so I just warped to the Novice that he had linked, as it turns out, earlier. Doh...

Then, it gets worse lol. I land on the novice and there's the wolf that Ged had been talking about so I assume he's the target. He points me and I burn into him with my MWD on and get scram/web. I'm holding damage waiting for him to blow up as the fleet lands and decimates him and slowly I realize that wait, I'm alone lol. So there I am with no cycles left on my AAR, well under half armor and I realize it's a one on one.

Noob mistake and sorry for getting blown up so early. I wasn't too much help to the fleet.
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Alexander Oromov »

No need to apologize Wokum. Such things can happen.

Two things to take from this:

1.) Always speak to me and your fleet mates. In your case, even with the misunderstanding, you should have announced "Wokum has scram-web on Wolf". That way we would have known you're in trouble and not with us. Everyone is absolutely encouraged to speak up. We might have saved you and gotten the Wolf as well.

2.) At least in my fleets, forget everything. Some fleet habits such holding damage on in E-Uni are unnecessary. Please, never hold damage on a target in my fleets. I do put more emphasis on tight knit PvP, that's merciless and effective. Holding damage is a silly killboard thing and at the end of the day killboards say absolutely nothing about the skill or effectiveness of a pilot.

Better to focus on grid and whats happening right now, rather than to focus on what your killboard will show after fleet.
Zeerse Solaris
Title: Diplomat, AMC Officer, Mentor, Bloober, Teacher, Graduate

Post by Zeerse Solaris »

I did join up on my combat boosting alt on form up in a pontifex but as we didn't have enough hecates it felt boosting a comet fleet wasn't a good idea and as I didn't have anything else at the form and he's not skilled in much else, I dropped fleet. But if it does look likely a T3D fleet will go out happy to boosh/boost.

The bomber seems a really weird choice given what the rest of the fleet could engage, even if that's your thing to fly, it's fun just to go along for the F1 monkey ride too.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
Wokum
Title: Sophomore

Post by Wokum »

Alexander Oromov wrote:No need to apologize Wokum. Such things can happen.

Two things to take from this:

1.) Always speak to me and your fleet mates. In your case, even with the misunderstanding, you should have announced "Wokum has scram-web on Wolf". That way we would have known you're in trouble and not with us. Everyone is absolutely encouraged to speak up. We might have saved you and gotten the Wolf as well.

2.) At least in my fleets, forget everything. Some fleet habits such holding damage on in E-Uni are unnecessary. Please, never hold damage on a target in my fleets. I do put more emphasis on tight knit PvP, that's merciless and effective. Holding damage is a silly killboard thing and at the end of the day killboards say absolutely nothing about the skill or effectiveness of a pilot.

Better to focus on grid and whats happening right now, rather than to focus on what your killboard will show after fleet.
Thx Alexander. My problem was that I misunderstood the command and warped to the link Ged had posted rather than to Ged. When I had scram/web on the Wolf I thought everyone was incoming and didn't realize until too late that I was the only one that had gone to the novice.

I can attest to killboards saying nothing about the skill or effectiveness of a pilot (!) but was thinking more about getting the newbros in on the killmail. But yes, there are some situations where you just want to get rid of the threat.
Space Warfare Development
Title: Bomber Girl, Teacher

Post by Space Warfare Development »

My torpedo frigate was destroyed due to misunderstanding the FC's call to warp to the site.
The FC's mind was T1 frigate focused, and one T2 frigate in fleet should not be calculated in the play.
I did not hear what type of sight the target was in, just the FC's direction to warp to it and activate the gate.
When I landed and discovered the sight was a novice, I was in deep trouble. Lesson learned, ask what type of sight is the fleet warping to.

"Why is a bomber in a frigate fleet?"
I have gained a reputation for being the only bomber in E-Uni's frigate fleets. There was one time when a second bomber was in fleet. That was fun!
A cloaked torpedo frigate's ability to send valuable information to the FC has been proven on previous frigate fleets. As long as my ship is not destroyed, the FC does not get a heart attack. A torpedo frigate pilot learns to avoid fights. In a group of kill-lust pilots, I am the one sitting in the back sipping tea. Lowsec roams teach me "not" to engage, and engage only when it is safe to do so. I make a flub every once in a while.
I am experimenting with triple dampeners and triple painters, both sets have proven useful and deadly to cruiser-size targets.
Based on past kill data, a torpedo frigate can apply significant ewar and damage to cruiser-sized targets, and 100-177 damage to frigate-sized targets.
I can help take down a Rupture, a Phantasm, a Gnosis, and a Brutix.
Two torpedo frigates in fleet with triple target painters each can apply damage to a destroyer-sized target.
Take two torpedo frigates with triple missile guidance modules each and add a Huginn with all painter modules bonused and you have a damage sandwich. Oh, my.