Spoiler
Erasmus Himura - Orca
Psychotic Fickity - Griffin
Jessica Farrish - Algos
Usari Hurini - VNI
Flip Vesely - Vexor
Mike Kingswell - OOC alt
Jacob Velora - Brutix
Some quiet middle-of-the-night moonmining was rudely interupted by 2 wartargets of Stockholm Syndrome right after the war kicked of. Due to OOC eyes they managed to jump right on us. The smaller miners managed to scatter but an Orca was tackled. The 2 enemy Stratios set about trying to break the Orcas shields. Psychotic Fickety and Jessica Farrnish reshipped into a Griffin and an Algos, Usari Hurini brought out his VNI and Flip responded in a Vexor. A skirmish commenced and the owner of the moonbelt tots210 (of Empire of Orphans) - who was in the mining fleet sharing boosts - brought 2 logi friggs and topped of the Orcas shields while the Combat ships tied down the Stratios'. The Griffin managed to land ECM's on one of them and got cought by the other one in revenge. The Algos couldn't stand up to the punishment of the Stratios' too long.
The enemy then disengaged (probably due to the fast response they got) and left system, enabling our Orca to get out into safty.

Griffin - 899,257.47 ISK
Pod - 10.000 ISK
Algos 13,390,673.36 ISK

After a short interlude an enemy Hurricane managed to snatch Vexor outside Fort Glority. The Hurrican turned out to be bait and the enemy came back with an additional three Stratios' and a Gnosis. They managed to kill Jacob's Brutix, who had tried to safe the Vexor.

Vexor 17,473,795.28 ISK
Brutix 75,084,801.48 ISK

At this point we decided to deny the enemy more kills and docked up.

Kills and Losses

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 0
ISK Lost: 106.858.226
ISK Delta: 106.858.226
Efficiency: -

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - fast and relatively big response considering the time
    - safed the Orca by forcing the enemy off grid
    - friendly corp went out of their way to help us out (we payed him a small gratitude)
    (Negative stuff)
    - they were on us very fast but I/we should have had an eye out for them with the war about to start
    - sadly enemy was off grid jsut before Jacob could something to hold them down and finish them
    - enemies fast escalation up to 5 people surprised us
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Re: [QRF] Mining Ambush @31.08.18 2AM Evetime

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Amazing work! You did stand up against 3 Stratios, a Gnosis and a Hurricane with a QRF and saved an Orca with the help of ECM, Friendly Reps and drove the enemy off. Very good showcase about how HSC should react situations like these. Having battle ready ships in Citadel, having Griffins, being on comms and fleet! I am very proud to see your readiness ! Keep up the good work! And now some critics;

- Having an Exequror or two could save the fleet on grid. So having Exequror ready in Amygnon can be helpful.
- I don't know how you utilized the Griffins but it is best to warp to grid "at range" if you are flying griffin and then apply ECM and do your best to monitor the grid and keep the range from enemies. Griffins primary defense is being far from (but close enough for ECMs) enemy fire.

Oh and apply to campus SRP (ship replacement program) if you lost a ship ;)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Honestly I am mainly not happy with myself...my main was 9j out in a low sec escalation so I was forced to just give intel from my OOC and keep my Orca shield reps at the ready in case things get dangerous.
The loss of the Griffin was also due to me not giving more specific instructions for warpin to Psychotic and Jessica - both of them showed examplary readiness to reship and willingness to engage the enemy, even with inferior firepower, at the risk of loosing their ships (in their first QRF wartarget action!). Together with Flip and Usari that proved too much Response too fast for the enemy to keep Holding down the Orca.

Also I want to stress again that the response from slack was great considering the time this happend (for EU at least, no idea what time it was over the pond^^').

As for the SRP: we already privatly SRP'd the Algos and the Griffin (and managed to loot a expensive stuff from the Algos wreck).
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Oh and lastly STOP USING ORCA IN YOUR MAIN TOONS.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jessica Farrish

Post by Jessica Farrish »

Mike Kingswell wrote:Honestly I am mainly not happy with myself...my main was 9j out in a low sec escalation so I was forced to just give intel from my OOC and keep my Orca shield reps at the ready in case things get dangerous.
The loss of the Griffin was also due to me not giving more specific instructions for warpin to Psychotic and Jessica - both of them showed examplary readiness to reship and willingness to engage the enemy, even with inferior firepower, at the risk of loosing their ships (in their first QRF wartarget action!). Together with Flip and Usari that proved too much Response too fast for the enemy to keep Holding down the Orca.

Also I want to stress again that the response from slack was great considering the time this happend (for EU at least, no idea what time it was over the pond^^').

As for the SRP: we already privatly SRP'd the Algos and the Griffin (and managed to loot a expensive stuff from the Algos wreck).
Thanks for salvaging my wreck, returning the few items you salvaged, and providing a new Algos hull. The owner of the Orca, made a generous ISK donation to replace my fittings (bad with names, but you know who you are). It was my first voluntary PvP action too. I probably didn't do much more than soak up 7k or so damage.

ImageImageImageImage
Gyrgon
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Gyrgon »

Jessica Farrish wrote: It was my first voluntary PvP action too. I probably didn't do much more than soak up 7k or so damage.
Congratulations \o/

And if enough ppl do the "didn't do much more" part fast enough, it still distracts and pressures the WTs. I am not advertising to through away ships and feed the WTs kills, but throwing cheap ships at the enemy to save a high value one is a valid strategy :D You all seem to have reacted in a very quickly, and despite the losses during this first part, you achieved your objective (by any means necessary): to save the whales... I mean the Orca :P

In addition to what Ersin said, for those folks who routinely hang out in Jufvitte for the moon mining and other activities, it's a worthwhile investment to keep copies of a at least a few crucial ship types in a structure in Jufvitte for faster reshipping than having to spend time going to Citadel 101 for a reship (like the refinery 102 or one of the structures with jump clone facilities so you can switch into a combat clone at the same time you reship).

The two ship types you should probably start with to stash in Jufvitee are EWAR and Logistics ships:

For EWAR preferably the Griffin or Blackbird (T1 Caldari Frigate and Cruiser) for ECM with a handful of additional ECM modules so you can refit against whatever ship they fly or Mauluses and Celestis (T1 Gallente Frigate and Cruiser) to range damp them so they can't retaliate against friendly ECM and Logi efforts that stay at range. The Crucifier and Arbitrator (T1 Amarr Frigate and Cruiser) can make a solid contribution as well, but they need a little more in-depth understanding of their racial EWAR (weapon disruption) to be employed most effectively.

For Logistics, most ships we use for first response are armor tanked, so the Augoror is the obvious choice, because it is already included in the BLAP Vexor doctrine, but needs a cap buddy, so for a very fast first responder the Exequror is even better imo, as you don't need to wait for a 2nd Logi pilots to get ready. The rules are very similar to EWAR: stay at range, don't be afraid to bounce to a celestial and come back, but as a first responder youalso might be able to tide over the initial target by staying and dying until a more cohesive QRF can engage or until EWAR support gets there (only do that if you can hear on comms that support is already en route and close by).
HSC | NSC | (Solitude) || Former Mentor | Former SRP Staffer

Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!