[HSC] Wild Ivy Fleet in LowSec

Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

[HSC] Wild Ivy Fleet in LowSec

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Following to the cancellation of the Operation Wild Ivy, we pinged the Campus #Slack channels and then sent Corporation wide mail about the fate of the operation and then announced that instead of going to operation, we will launch a PvP Roaming Fleet. The doctrine was chosen to stay BLAP Vexors since people were already ready in Amygnon with their cruisers and HSC staff members already completed their logistics (for the canceled operation).

There were wartargets in Perimeter; PIRAT Rattlesnakes and Scimitars, but we decided not to take it due to the proximity to the Jita and due to superior Alpha (Volley) damage from Rattlesnakes. Instead we set our destination to Heydieles (where Alexander meet us!)

Ares and Rikali were designated at 2IC and 3IC respectively while Tal was designated as Logi FC/Anchor. Sadly we have no scout/vanguard to scout systems and look for preys and targets for us, so first some Vexors are designated for this task during fleet. I decided it could be beneficial to have 2 seperate Vexor setups in fleet, half have Warp Disrupter, Sensor Booster, 10MN AB and Sensor Dampener in their mids, the second half have Scram, Web, AB and Sensor Dampener, so we can set gate camps and catch some ships around if we decide to do so, so 7 Vexors have the first setup and the other 7 have the 2nd setup ready. We scripted the Dampeners with Targeting Range against Kiting Doctrines. Augorors scripted their 2 Sensor Boosters with ECCM and Scan Resolution.

Roam members (26)
Spoiler
Alexander Oromov - Malediction
Ana'ander Lamora - Vexor
Arcturus Anar - Vexor
Ares Dodekatheon - Vexor
Athena Firefly - Augoror
Atticus Vex
B'aldrick Aivoras - Vexor
Darth Galifreia
Devola Gestalt - Griffin
Ersin Oghuz - Vexor
General Killah - Augoror
Graysen Slade - Vexor
Jacob Velora - Vexor
KPYTOE KOPOBO - Vexor
Kris Hawk - Vexor
Lexara Ellecon - Vexor
Mike Kingswell - Augoror
Nelliver Cadigal- Augoror
Phetsz - Griffin
Pink Kondur - Vexor
Rikali Laru - Vexor
Scorpion9827 - Vexor
Stogal Severasse - Vexor
Tal Tracyn - Augoror
Wokum - Vexor
xtx loki - Vexor
Kills and Losses

We began travelling from Amygnon to Ouelletta where Stay Frosty members dwell and give good fights. While moving I gave a quick Newbro Speech (Fleet Speech) and the speech ended luckily when we arrived at Ouelletta gate in Jufvitte and right after and Iteron Mark V landed on grid. We jumped and decloaked and I was sure that Iteron won't take the jump and we would just align to the next gate and take the warp. But heroic hauler decided to take the jump and break away from the gate. But our fleet first disrupted his warp core and then scrammed&webbed his ship making him impossible to escape. Iteron was destroyed easily and an empty Pontifex was salvaged from the wreck.

(19:27:45) Ouelletta
Iteron Mark V +137.02m

In Ouelletta we got an intel from a neutral and the report is that a Harbinger fleet was roaming around. Scout tried to locate them but they were already gone so we moved on. This time I scouted forward while our scout was turning back from finding Harbinger fleet. While I was searching the system for content and I saw a glimpse of a Thorax on d-scan and he was warping to the gate i jumped. So while I am warping (I was already in warped) I informed the fleet about possible incoming Thorax and they set their gatecamp. Moments later Ares led the fleet to another glorious explosion at gate! We lost a Griffin due to gate guns there. It was my fault since I should have warn the fleet about gate guns prior to engagement. Our Vexors can tank the guns since we had logistics but our frigates could not, especially not a paper tanked Griffin.

(19:50:55) Renarelle
Thorax +44.4m
Griffin -0.77m

We moved on and was trying to look for more content but we could find until Thorax pilot brouhgt death fleet upon us. We were doing some moving back and forth in order to avoid the fleet but sadly one of those gate jumps our logistics got weapons timer somehow (I did not remember about any kind of engagement order though) and at first I lost it and began ranting "how the hell you got a weapons timer we did not engage anything?" then luckily I stopped (or someone stopped me I did not remember right now :) ) and I called for burning back to gate and jump to the system where our logistics got stucked and booshed away from gate 100km. We jumped in I warped the fleet to the on-grif bounce ping and then warp them to the logistics and the fight began. Vargur and Tempest was smartbombing so we were forced to pull our drones in and use our guns but they won't do anything to them. Instead we went for smaller staff, like their Command Destroyer, Frigates and in the meantime more ships warped in and involved in fight. We also engaged these new spawn from HCOOK (Holy Cookies) and then saw that they were also engaging battleships not us. So 3 fleets fought there with each other until Battleship fleet decided to warp off and we warped off from grid as well using this time of confusion well before HCOOK turns their attention to us. We lost 1 Griffin and 2 Vexors, but we got some T2 Frigates and a Command Destroyer, and thanks to HCOOK, Tempest killmail includes our fleet as well.

(19:59:36) Renarelle
Vexor -20.98m

(20:08:52) Hikkoken
Griffin -0.74m
Retribution +181.19m
Vexor -31.06m
Stiletto +41.74m
Bifrost +133.81m
Tempest +270.73m

Also another fleet (4th party) showed up in system and seek a fight with us at Large Outpost. Alexander kindly scouted and said they have 4 Guardians (he did not have to say no more) and Harbingers and other assorted support. We rejected their offer. They have bigger ship hulls for DD and have T2 cruisers for logistics, so I don't know how they thought we could accept this fight considering the odds.

From that point a chase game began. We were chased by them within system and I was fleet warping us from bookmark to bookmark to avoid certain death, while B'aldrik scouting in next system. One of those warps we got caught by single Stilletto, and I aligned the fleet to another gate, and while he was burning to us, I said lets got him, my intention was to tackle him first instead of sending drones. And then call fleet to dampen his sensors (target range) so he could not engage & tackle us unless he wants to get in our tackle range too. And then when I saw he longer holds any tackle to us, I said fleet to warp to gate tactical but i saw their drones out and cancel the order right away but it was too late (followed by another ranting from FC, but it was not just since I chose wrong words: i should have said tackle him if you can, instead of saying lets get him). Half of the fleet warped away some stayed but then again we warped away fully deciding leaving drones is for the best. Then we re-grouped and then warped back to bookmark, reconnected our drones and then got them in and warped away again. B'aldrick reported the next system is clear and we jumped in. We could not find any content until we reach Heydieles.

From Heydieles we set more waypoints, Akidagi and Kinakka. And set Amygnon as final waypoint so we can fold the fleet. We were chased by another group with Bhaalgorn and several other Battleship and cruisers (including Rapier) and they were trying to catch us with their vanguard (2-3 Stillettos, Confessor). We were again playing cat and mouse. I did here a mistake and warped fleet to a gate tactical instead the gate itself. There they were able to catch us since we had to warp to gate when we landed the bookmark and that caused us some time. There we began jumping back and forth, but their BS fleet caught us at the other side of the gate. There comes the last words: "OK, this is it, they want a fight, we will give them right here" (as if we had a choice due to my mistake) But the time we decloack and Rapier was going to primaried they burned away from gate.

That time frame gave us enough time to get our drones back align out and then run away. From that point we just hurried to Amygnon mostly since there was no content or no fleet matching our for a remotely fair fight. In Ouelletta we asked Stay Frosty whether they wish a fight or not. One member out of 4 was not AFK and he said he could not take it without others were not active at that time. So we proceed to Amygnon and docked up.

-- END OF ROAMING FLEET ----

------------ EXTRA --------------

Jeremy and Ringo found some content in a wormhole scanned and mapped by Hirmuolio. They reported that a Cranein a Station Cargo container waiting there to be scooped. While we are forming for that he said he saw a Stratios and a Nemesis on d-scan so I grabbed my Stratios and people reshipped into combat capable ships while Tal come with the pod for piloting the Crane. We tried to find those combat ships around but they were gone. Crane was still there. So we salvaged the crane from there and safely stored in Amygnon Citadel 101. I marked a kill for memorial (it was an abondoned ship nearby another station container. I suspect that the owner came the hole with that ship and salvaged another ship from that container)

Crane was succesfully salvaged and parked into Citadel 101.

(22:17:16) J132746
Reaper +0.04m

Ringo reported that he saw a Tempest and another Heron in the same wormhole system. We rushed there but sadly we could not locate the Tempest probably he simply left before we came in. However Ares found the poor Heron pilot and we ganged him with two bombers. We reimbursed his ship after his destruction including cargo value.

(22:43:20) J132746
Heron +10.95m
Capsule +0.01m

-- END OF SALVAGE FLEET ----

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 819,893,027.72
ISK Lost: 53,549,022.39
ISK Delta: 766,344,005.33
Efficiency: 93.869%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - Very good number of fleet attendance: 16 Vexors, 4 Augorors and 2 Griffins staged from Amygnon.
    - Average content and adrenalin rush while being chased down
    (Negative stuff)
    - I did several critical mistakes that could led our destruction as a whole fleet. I got lucky and the fleet was mostly intact. I should improve my fleet movement decisions and abilities.
    - Several unpleasent ranting from me, FC. Althought I was very very upset when I was following one of our fleet members in Hecate dismiss my alignment order and trying to catch a neutral stilletto while I am trying to evict. Ares had to whisper me and calm me a bit down just before I Was going to raise my voice for good.
    - I did several anchoring mistakes. I talked about anchoring in fleet speech but sometimes i simply did not tell fleet to anchor on me.

AND DO NOT FORGET TO APPLY CAMPUS SRP (SHIP REPLACEMENT PROGRAM) IF YOU LOST A SHIP!
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy
Title: Mentor, Graduate, Diplomat , Pineapple Pizza enthusiast

Re: [HSC] Wild Ivy Fleet in LowSec

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Good fleet i enjoyed it.
It was good to get back on the logi fc horse after a long time.

One thing that did confuse me i could use help on.
At one stage the whole logi wing got a weapons timer and couldn't jump a gate.. we then got jumped off the gate by a command destroyer.. it ended with no losses but how we all got the timer confuses me.
Idea's ?

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Trading for 6 years in Eve.
Biwako Acami
Title: Assistant Manager (Fittings), Ensign, Graduate, Management

Post by Biwako Acami »

If you provide remote assistance to a fleet member with timers, you inherit the timers they have up. Its fairly common for cap chain logi to pass timers around, via the ET, that any one of them inherit from repairing someone who has a timer.
Just a humble scout
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy
Title: Mentor, Graduate, Diplomat , Pineapple Pizza enthusiast

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Hmm i know about suspect timers being spread but weapon timers ?
sheesh!
I've been logi for some time and never had that happen before.

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Trading for 6 years in Eve.
Ersin Oghuz

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

I did not know that neither. Since we had no problems before regarding this.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Don’t forget the Harbinger fleet actually cyno‘d in to us. It was lucky we had mainly disengaged and were off the gate I think. I as in the gate and managed to jump through as my combat timer had expired.

Enjoyable fleet though I’d always recommend a fast scout in a slasher or equivalent. An interceptor is ideal. If you can get a couple then they can work in tandem and provide pings and warp in in the fleet fights too.

o7
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ersin Oghuz

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Yes, I agree, we needed more scouts at the beginning of the fleet.

Oh and do not forget apply to campus SRP (ship replacement program) if you lost a ship ;)
"In Blasters I Trust"