Neemo Beer - Federation Navy Comet, Talwar
Penelore - Inquisitor, Dragoon
Philbro Kishunuba - Catalyst
Ron Blazer - Navitas, Catalyst
Satoshi Tomeii - Retribution, Imperial Navy Slicer
Space Warfare Development
Tobor Glenlevit - Catalyst
Kills and Losses

In our first system, one of my first-time scouts that I convinced to scout ;) found an Incursus. Coaxter and the scout took him out since I forgot to tell them to hold their DPS till the fleet came. By the time we were there, they had just popped the capsule. In the future, I need to work on telling my scouts to hold DPS and use only EWAR so that the entire fleet can get on the killmail.

(01:39:01) Ostingele
Incursus +4.95m

My scouts gave me intel on a small gang sitting at a plex. I told the vanguard to go in and ended up bringing the fleet in immediately. Unfortunately, we were only able to catch the Retribution (not saying that that's bad) and quickly destroyed it. Without realizing it at the time, we also lost one of our scouts.

(01:48:49) Agoze
Coercer -5.09m
Retribution +59.41m

My scout found a small gang of three ships sitting in a medium plex. It could have been a recon trap so I had the entire fleet warp in and slide at the same time so that I didn't risk my scouts or vanguard. When we slid we found out that they were actually fighting and there was no recon trap. We took down the Vengence and spread our webs and scrams onto the Rupture. After killing the Vengence we put full DPS on the Rupture. I am very happy that no one was killed and that everyone was able to pilot their ships well.

(02:11:05) Eha
Vengeance +115.59m
Rupture +41.78m

In Akidiagi my scouts gave intel of a cyno up and an unfitted Pheonix being transported out of station. Analiese warped to the cyno at range to get a better view of the situation. As he was reporting, I decided to just do it and warped the fleet the zero on the cyno. This was a bad idea. We were able to hoar a bit on the Pheonix kill, but unknown to me the Citadel had a defense system that tore my fleet to shreds. Most of us were able to get out. In hindsight, I am glad that I took this since I learned a valuable lesson about warping straight to a station that is undocking caps.

(02:32:52) Akidagi, Nennamaila
Navitas -17.95m
Merlin -2.57m
Phoenix +1540.75m
Inquisitor +6.33m
Capsule +0.01m

As we were waiting on a gate, my scouts told me there was a large Galmil fleet in system. Almost at the same time, a Tristan landed on Coaxter at the sun. I decided to go for it. I told the fleet to warp to Coaxter. As we soon found out, the Tristan was bait. Quite quickly after that a Harpy landed on grid, then the entire fleet came. We were bloobed by multiple cruisers. Origianally I was calling for fleet to engage the destroyers. After the Vexors landed on grid, I told the fleet to start targeting them and take it down. We ended up taking down one before the fleet broke. After Analiese was dead in his TD ship, the Brutix and other bigger ships were able to effectively shoot us and take us down. I went down before logi could save me (though you did a good job primarying me for a while, thanks!). I handed command over to my second in command (Archemide) who stated calling targets for the fleet to engage. After he went down I recommended to the 3IC (Neemo) to tell the fleet to scatter.

Overall, I am very happy with this fight. Even though we did not come out on top, we still had a good time and gained some valuable experience with fleet fights and following the commands of the FC. I am particularly happy with the logi being able to keep us up for the first while before the majority of the other fleet warped on grid.

(02:43:55) Hikkoken
Tristan +2.34m
Harpy +74.13m
Cormorant +3.68m
Sunesis +10.75m
Coercer -26.61m
Vexor +30.98m
Coercer -5.12m
Catalyst -9.58m
Algos -8.1m
Sentinel -85.69m
Coercer -15.9m
Dragoon -7.62m
Catalyst -11.94m
Navitas -4.7m
Talwar -14.45m
Vexor +16.9m
Federation Navy Comet -49.35m
Inquisitor -5.52m
Retribution -67.79m
Retribution -52.38m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

On our way back home, we came across a small RR gang. We warped to the plex and slid on contact as a fleet. I told the fleet to spread points and scrams and stated on breaking one. We had some trouble breaking the first one as there were still 6 reps going on it most likely. We eventually got it and went to work on the next Exequror. We broke this one as well and unsurprisingly easily broke the last one.

I am quite happy with this engagement since due to our numbers at the end, it was near 1v2. To be able to break those reps was no easy task and easily took us a good five minutes. Unfortunately, Deus had previously fought Penelore and I and he primaried us over everyone else. Thanks to our one logi who kept reps on me the entire time I was able to stay up until we had killed the first two targets. After I died, I burned back two jumps as the rest of the fleet finished off the last target.

(03:28:38) Agoze
Dragoon -13.83m
Catalyst -4.49m
Augoror +28.25m
Exequror +21m
Catalyst -4.46m
Exequror +20.14m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,976,984,830.24
ISK Lost: 413,146,976.55
ISK Delta: 1,563,837,853.69
Efficiency: 82.714%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    - My target calling is getting better
    - My knowledge of ships and how to use doctrines is getting better.
    - I believe that I created a good environment for my scouts to get to learn how to do their thing. Also, I believe that I created a good environment for any newbro to learn more about fleets and fleet fights.
    (Negative stuff)
    - I still need to get better at determining how engageable a ship is with our current DPS.
    - I need to learn more about stations and the weapons they can use on us.
    - I need to better process the information given by scouts. I don't think I would have called the fleet to warp to the sun if I thought about the fleet that was in there with us as well.
    - During fights, I need to call the targets that we can get down quickly and have the most damage, not just the ones that are closest.
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Satoshi Tomeii
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Roam - 2018/08/21

Post by Satoshi Tomeii »

Bummed I missed the first half, but work is work, and it made me a bit late.

The fight with the Vexors and Brutixes etc. was pretty fun. Think if we ignored the Brutix we could have downed more ships? Not sure but that's a thought.

Also, with the Exeq fight, I was just thinking today that maybe we should have primaried their drones?

Certainly not criticism, just musings of someone who wants to get better at pvp!
Euma Chilastra

Post by Euma Chilastra »

Sounds like a fun time! Had something come up that made me unable to attend, but I hope to catch you guys next week.
Ged Sinak

Post by Ged Sinak »

Yes Satoshi, you are correct. In hindsight, I should have attacked other things besides the Brutix. Due to its high damage from its blasters, I thought it would be good to get it down. Unfortunately, I underestimated the amount of DPS needed to break its hull tank.

On your second point, when fighting the Exeq's I didn't even think of defanging them. Your point is valid and I should have targeted the drones to pull most of their DPS off the field. I think I partly didn't think of it because the Aug was autocannon fitted and was doing a decent amount of damage.

Thanks for the points, it's fun evaluating the little details like this.
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Archemide

Post by Archemide »

Great fleet! My first time actually doing anything as 2ic. I did an awful job at target calling, and probably cost our fleet that fight.
I wasn't expecting to take over (mistake 1) and so wasn't ready to take over target calling. When I did, I had us stop dps on the Brutix, which was another mistake.
Still, I learned quite a bit and hope to do a better job in the future.