[AAR] 19:00 Armor Nooblinos - Monday, 6th of August

Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

[AAR] 19:00 Armor Nooblinos - Monday, 6th of August

Post by Alexander Oromov »

Congratulations to Adrien for winning todays bet of "How many jumps can FC lead fleet right in before whelp" and we managed to do 17 today and Adrien did not only do magic logi work, but was closest with guessing 16! Today's price has not been decided upon yet. Stay tuned.

Roam members (16)
Spoiler
Adrien Claremont - Inquisitor
Alexander Oromov - Punisher
Alf Saissore - Atron, Incursus, Merlin, Punisher
Ares Dodekatheon - Atron
B'aldrick Aivoras - Incursus
Ersin Oghuz - Punisher
Lekkie Oksaras - Punisher
Macharion Thelgamor - Punisher
Mike Kingswell - Inquisitor, Punisher
Ringo Degu - Punisher
Space Warfare Development - Nemesis
Union Pivo - Punisher
Won Trild Trild - Rifter
Zeerse Solaris - Punisher
armenthus brown - Punisher
averoth trojan - Punisher

I was slightly afraid, we are going to undock with below 10 #shiver but than did undock with 15 and 2 AMAZING logis (Mike and Adrien) and Space Warfare Development in his signature bomber. Most of us were in Punishers and we had someone who was new to fleets. So, I did my first newbro speech with fantastic help of averoth and crew, linking all the corresponding gifs. You are amazing guys!

Kills and Losses

So, pre-fleet Ersin the Merciless! killed a complete newbro Atron. #MuchBloodthirst Good job Ersin 8)

(18:48:10) Dastryns
Atron +0.97m

Our Atron Scout (it was Alf - quelle surprise!) caught Jimmy (a great pilot) in an Incursus, I came in to help with tackle, but Alf didn't make it out, I believe the Incursus had only webs, but it didn't help to align out. Jimmy reloaded his reps or was out of cap, so I killed him in an instant before fleet arrive. :(

(19:36:19) Kinakka
Atron -6.13m
Incursus +7.56m

We went forth going for a Hecate, but he bailed, instead we went to go for a FW Alt. The alt died.

(19:49:18) Innia
Algos +1.58m
Capsule +0.01m

This fight happened quickly, I went for tackle on Punisher/Worm and landed on a Rook and Worm at zero, initial tackle on Rook, called fleet in and engaged. The Rook did withstand DPS for a bit, than I died. Ersin took over. Rook went down, what followed was GREAT tackle work of everyone in fleet. Everyone on grid was caught, Worm, Merlins. We looted the field and I went to reship. Dead FC worst FC... :lol:

(19:58:07) Aivonen
Punisher -13.8m
Punisher -7.21m
Rifter -2.79m
Rook +371.51m
Worm +116.16m
Merlin +6.18m
Merlin +6.32m

We got intel of a Tormentor at the same plex, Ersin took out the guys for another round. Tormentors and Merlins were caught once again. Surprise! Ravens on grid. After killing the small stuff and holding all the Ravens (again GREAT job guys) we started to burn Ravens. Space Warfare did assist with his triple damp bomber did help us out quite a bit. Ersin and I did co-fc this pretty well, since i was already back. Both Ravens went down, and just as we were looting the field.. again.. they braught a drake and a caracal. a bit in disarray we still fought, won again, lost logi and some of the initial people on grid. That's when we had our first bio break. Thanks Ravens for bringing the fight to us. Highly appreciated.

(20:06:57) Aivonen
Tormentor +9.96m
Merlin +5.66m
Merlin +5.91m
Incursus -9.19m
Inquisitor -4.74m
Raven +225.56m
Punisher -4.04m
Raven +285.38m
Merlin +5.79m
Punisher -7.19m
Caracal +37.31m
Atron -9.65m
Drake +69.29m

Here we go deeper into the warzone, as I was about to move on a weekend warrior trasher gang jumped into our fleet. We did engage on gate, initially messy, fleet once again did a good job closing in and burning down thrashers. we didnt get all of them, they did get our last logi. Looting the field once again, our nemesis got tackled by a third party tristan, we did see this too late, as i was focusing on something else, union did spot this and called it out, it was a bit too late, tristan died as revenge i believe...

(20:32:41) Akidagi, Ichoriya
Inquisitor -6.87m
Thrasher +9.68m
Thrasher +9.96m
Thrasher +9.68m
Thrasher +9.75m
Nemesis -57.86m
Tristan +5.55m
Capsule +0.01m
Capsule - Genolution 'Auroral' 197-variant +0.01m
Capsule -6.73m
Capsule +0.01m

Here we started to bleed numbers, BUT genius as I am, I unfolded my master plan to keep as many people to stay as possible, so I could just whelp them on the pynekastoh gate :twisted: harr harr :evil: jokes aside, it didn't work out as i expected, bait? punishers did engage us and de bug and his nasty friend came into kite retributions... initially on top of them we were not able to hold them down (we need hyenas!) and somehow they made it, am not proud of FC, but I am proud of fleet once more making it on top of de bug and averoth on top of his friend. WELL DONE, we were just in the wrong ships!

(20:50:52) Pynekastoh
Punisher -29.62m
Incursus -10.79m
Punisher -9.56m
Punisher -10.78m

This i don't know anything about... :P lol

(21:05:03) Pynekastoh
Punisher +6.19m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 1,205,991,756.96
ISK Lost: 197,727,003.99
ISK Delta: 1,008,264,752.97
Efficiency: 85.729%

Overall evaluation
  • the boyz and girls in fleet were amazing, i mean this can't go wrong with you guys. no matter how hard i try to kill fleet.
    Our newbro lived, Ersin lived, miracolous...
    back up fc's, scouts, dps, logi were spot on
    space warfare did experiment with the bomber fit
    plz remind me to get out of clones next time. you know i am bad.
    i believe i could get fleet saved up more often, but i'd love to hear you're feedback as well guys. sometimes fleet sees much more than fc does in his own little fc world.
    aaaahm, i could stop dying for once when i fc fleets, any ideas?
Last edited by Alexander Oromov on 2018.08.06 22:13, edited 10 times in total.
Space Warfare Development
Title: Bomber Girl, Teacher

Re: [AAR] 19:00 Armor Nooblinos - Monday, 6th of August

Post by Space Warfare Development »

Rookie mistakes from a 1-yr old pilot. I am sorry for my ship's destruction, it took a big negative isk efficiency hit for the fleet. I will endeavor to be better and follow the FC's orders, and remain cloaked, no matter how tempting the target is, because there will always be a counter attack in space and I need to be aware of them.

My ship was destroyed because:
1) I did not listen to the FC when he directed the fleet to leave the stargate. The FC moved the fleet off the gate and to the station for repairs. I stayed behind and took a few shots at the Thrasher pods. I was so focused with horse blinders on the pods that I did not see that Ply Y S pilot in a Tristan approach like a space ninja, lock my ship, activate his warp disruptor module and let his drones attack me.
2) Keep at range is safer than orbit. I failed to inform the FC that I was taking damage. Union was kind to notice and asked me in comms. I snapped out of my horse blinders and called damage taken but it was too late. I looked that Tristan in the eye and said, "You will never leave Walmart alive," locked his ship at 28km, activated all three dampeners, and orbited....instead of keep at range 100km. If I clicked Keep at range and burned away, I may have been able to escape the Tristan's point range outside 28km (how do you get a point at 28km?), long enough to cloak and let the fleet land to aide.
3) I did not use my station bookmark upon returning to ICHORIYA V station. My pod landed at the station and blew up. Smart bombers on the station, bad luck indeed.

Lessons Learned.
-remain cloaked. Wait for backup.
-a Nemesis with 3 Remote Sensor Dampener II modules loaded with Targeting Range Dampening Scripts,
1) is a crazy idea, with howitzer canons and rapid light missiles and a warp disruptor to get up in there.
2) nobody would suspect it, they usually target Maulus ships, but surprise, the bomber is the dampener.
3) excellent data for FC review. 3 Dampener II modules with Range Damp Scripts applied to a target frigate at 60km reduced its lock range down to 16km (the frigate was only able to lock targets inside 16km, outside 16km it could not target anyone). From previous testing, the Maulus with the same Dampener setup also locked down the targeting range to 16km. However, the Maulus has more capacitor and the Nemesis has 30 seconds of capacitor, and the Nemesis would have to cloak or warp off to regenerate....or receive capacitor from a support ship..hmm.

This setup was more beneficial to the fleet than loading 3 Target Painter II modules because while the target was damped down to 16km, the entire fleet was able to stay on grid and happily apply damage outside 16km. Ersin called for one Dampener on the Caracal that landed after the Raven, 30km from me, and that one dampener did the trick. I ran out of capacitor ten seconds later, but that ten seconds was enough time to keep the Caracal damped, while the fleet applied dps and destroyed it, then switched back to the raven. I have to remember 30-45 seconds is all the capacitor I have, and letting the FC know was a grand idea.
-applying three dampeners to targets landing on grid was at the same difficultly level as logistic ships applying repair modules to fleet members when they broadcasted for repairs.
Last edited by Space Warfare Development on 2018.08.06 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Alexander Oromov

good stuff space, no worries on the loss, isk efficiency doesn't worry us when we have fun. whenever it happens again we hope to save you next time.

I love damps, i love mauluses, keep experimenting. What scripts did you use during the fights? did you ever switch as well?

I used 3 Target Range Dampening Scripts in all 3 Dampener modules. That was all I brought, but now I want to experiment with the scan scripts.
Slap my face, I should have overheated, I didn't think about overheating.
I had a gigakilogram of paste.
Alexander Oromov

sweet. do you think scan res scripts might have helped at least in the beginning of the fight?

mhh, i don't know if you were already on grid before the fight started... but if we have scan res damps it could take a raven at least 30 secs to lock something...

ooh, I would love to take out some mauluses in a fleet like this now. :P theory crafting dreams

I damped everything not purple that moved at the Aivonen Novice, and the Thrashers that uncloaked at the gate in Akidagi.
I never got a gun shot or missile hit, all of my application was ewar at 50km. I am a firm believer now in triple dampeners.

Dampeners or Scanners. I choose dampeners. If a Scanner script only slows a lock, a dampener flat out stops targeting range at 16km.
Alexander Oromov

time to test damp talwar doctrines ? :P
Macharion Thelgamor

Post by Macharion Thelgamor »

Really enjoyable fleet! Great scouting and good clear target calling etc :)

-From the looks of the 9:05 final kill it's a punisher that was with the Retri's in our final battle, we got it deep into armour, someone else mustve finished it after we whelped before the pilot could dock up!

On a personal note, 1 killmail in 11 years then two come along in the space of half hour = Happy pilot :D

-Now my bloodlust is sated I can go back to doing some ewar/logi again :wink: count me in for flying a Maulus, did some maulus work for EUNI about 6 years ago and still have a couple set up :D
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Yeah those damps were really what made that raven fight possible in the first place!

Great fleet with lots of action and just when you thought you get a breather after a fight they come back in with more ships!

+ 10/10 would let fc explode again

- Ersin made it through the fleet unexploded
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Phileas Levesque

Post by Phileas Levesque »

Hi,

I wasn't a member of that roam, but reading this AAR, and being interested and currently training e-war skills, I jump on the occasion to ask a few questions :

1) Alexander, with this fleet composition, focused on brawling, wouldn't a Crucifier be more useful than a Maulus ? Dampeners seems to be great to protect the fleet from kiting enemies, but rather useless to protect your punishers when they orbit at close range to apply their DPS. It seems a crucifier could also help the fleet against kiting ships if the pilot uses the appropriate scripts.

2) Wouldn't a duo Griffin / Maulus have an interesting potential ? If the griffin succeed with jamming a target, the Maulus could switch his scripts to scan resolution, apply them to the jammed ship, and prevent him to lock for a very looong time.

As the enemy, my tactic would target a Griffin and a Maulus because I would know they have dampeners.
If I saw a Nemesis, I would place a low target priority-it must have torpedoes, those torpedoes can apply 100-200 max damage to my ship signature radius.
The element of surprise in this case was a surprise. Loading Dampeners into a bomber, keeping at range 50km, applying 3 Dampeners to lock the target's targeting range down to 16km, is amazing enough to get the nod of approval from Maulus pilots. But that 30-second capacitor limit is the bane of this setup.
Alexander Oromov

Mike lol 10 / 10 comment

Phileas, Crucifiers are indeed very useful. They would work perfectly with this fleet, but "usually" Crucifiers can either disrupt tracking based weapons or missile based weapons and it's not sure what you might find, while damps apply to everything.

Second, yes, Griffin-Maulus Scan Res combo are powerful!

Three, for the brawl fight in our fleet yesterday, yes, damping range doesn't help the ones that orbit at 500m. For the brawlers it would help to use scan res damps, but only if they are applied before the lock and those would be useful only until the Ravens lock all they want. Which brings us back to your great idea, Griffin-Maulus combo. :)