Nobody Jarmuush - Burst
Penelore - Burst
Philbro Kishunuba - Merlin, Condor
Satoshi Tomeii - Atron, Imperial Navy Slicer, Malediction
Space Warfare Development - Malediction
Wokum - Merlin
jammer Atruin - Atron
Kills and Losses

Starting it off, my scout was able to find an Algos in our first system. It ended up being with Analiese and Coaxter. I had my vanguard and scouts to go for tackle. After they got tackle, I had the fleet warp in and enter the plex on contact. Once we had killed the Algos, we were engaged by Analiese in his Worm as well as Coaxter in his Nemesis. To attempt to save the fleet, I ordered us to scatter and regroup on the Agoze gate. Since we were just one jump our of Stacmon, we quickly reshipped and got going.

As a side note, this is the first time I have ever gotten a kill in Ostingele with a fleet. Usually, it quite empty around that area.

(01:34:15) Ostingele
Atron -5.38m
Atron -5.81m
Merlin -9.83m
Algos +16.43m
Merlin -5.96m

As usual, HIFL tagged along behind us and popped some stagglers. In hindsight, I should have seen the danger that they posed and had the fleet warping as a group. This would have eliminated the possibility of stragglers. Fortunately, they decided to break off when we went through the Incursion Zones in Oicx and Eha.

(01:43:02) Moclinamaud, Oicx
Burst -1.3m
Atron -6.66m
Merlin -4.7m
Merlin -13.91m

This was just a quick gank. We had the opportunity and took it. Unfortunately, the fleet was not able to get there in time before my scouts killed it.

(01:56:06) Pavanakka
Tristan +0.97m
Capsule +0.01m

When we initially jumped into Kedama, we were running around after a few targets that we were unable to catch. We finally caught the Comet at a plex and promptly brought it down without any losses on our side.

During our bio break, I was alerted to an Algos at a plex. I told the fleet to undock and warp to the plex. My scout had point on it and was able to hold it until we came on grid. As with the Comet, we quickly brought it down and moved on to our next target.

Lastly, we were able to locate a Garmur on the outside of a plex. Since my scout did not have a scram I sent the fleet to give it our best try. We got scram on it, but the fleet was unable to get to the plex fast enough to get more people on the killmail. I couldn't risk asking the scout to hold DPS due to the high damage that the Garmur has.

(02:35:04) Kedama
Federation Navy Comet +29.72m
Capsule +0.01m
Algos +24.12m
Garmur +179.25m

Here, I sent the scout along with the vanguard to go hold down a Coercer that we came across. Again, we were unable to get to the target fast enough to secure the killmail for the entire fleet. As with the Garmur, the damage on the Coercer is too high to risk it. Unfortunately, we also lost our scout in his INS.

Imperial Navy Slicer -36.33m
Coercer +23.18m
Capsule +20.89m

We initially engaged the Cyclone in Oulletta and it was some peoples first experience with gate guns. Due to being unable to warp off fast enough after engaging the non-flashy target we lost one of our scouts and DD members.

(03:20:31) Ouelletta
Malediction -49.41m
Merlin -4.6m

In this last engagement, we followed a cyclone through a gate from Ouelletta. We initially engaged it on the Loes gate in Oulletta, but we were unable to keep it on our side despite webs and bumping. When it jumped through our member on the other side was unsuccessful at getting scram on him. Eventually he warped back. The second he warped back, I ordered the fleet to start bumping it away from the gate. I told everyone to burn towards the gate then back towards the target with prop-mod on. In the end, we were able to bump it 20 Km off the gate before we killed it. When we were fighting the Cyclone it put a cyno up that scared us. Fortunately, there was nothing on the other side.

After killing the Cyclone, we were engaged by a Eagle and a Myrmidon. We engaged the Eagle, but we were unable to break its shield tank. Also, since a few members of the fleet broke off to Amy we didn't have as much DPS as before. Though, I believe that we wouldn't have been able to break the Eagle anyway. In particular, it targeted or logi first which lowered the effectiveness of our fleet.

(03:29:28) Loes
Cyclone +57.35m
Malediction -50.97m
Burst -5.58m
Merlin -6.69m
Burst -5.94m
Burst -1.84m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 351,941,164.34
ISK Lost: 214,911,541.77
ISK Delta: 137,029,622.57
Efficiency: 62.087%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    1- My ability to call targets and decided when a situation is engage-able or when we need to scatter is getting better.
    2- I am getting better at managing my scouts and processing the information that they are giving me.
    3- When we were in space, I feel that I was able to answer questions from members of my fleet with greater accuracy. This is slowly coming along as I learn more about the game.
    4- The bumping technique that we used on the Cyclone worked out better than I could have ever imagined.
    (Negative stuff)
    1- I need work on remembering which systems my scouts are in and what they are doing. A few times, I lost track of them and had to ask them where they were. During one of these times, I accidentally left a scout behind when we went to engage a target in another system.
    2- When flying, I need to focus more on avoiding comms silence. In particular I need to acknowledge the scout when they provide me Intel on a system around us.
    3- I need to find a better way to look at Dotlan when flying around to plan routes. Oftentimes, the separate computer I had it up on would turn off from inactivity and I would need to re-log to access it. This lead to me pausing when my scouts or fleet members wanted me to set a new destination.
    4- When a target comes on gate with us that is not flashy I need to get over my fear of gate guns. A few times I told the fleet not to engage when we could have easily caught a target and warped off when gate guns started shooting at us.
In the end, I am extremely happy with this fleet. Even though I had some trouble getting the fleet rolling after our engagement in Ost, I was able to pick up the slack toward the second half of the fleet. I learned many to not be afraid of the gate guns and to take more initiative when a target comes on grid with us. At the end of the fleet when we engaged the Cyclone, I was extremely happy with how the fleet handled itself when many commands were coming in rapid succession.

When we engaged the Eagle and saw that we were going to be unable to break it without logi support or the numbers that we had I should have called for the fleet to disengage before the Myrmidon had a chance to engage us. Also, when I needed to be paying attention to he status of the logi and their health since I did not notice that the Eagle had killed them all. Had I noticed, I would have had the fleet align out so that we could have gotten out when we realized it wasn't going to work.

As a finishing point, I would like to thank everyone who made this fleet an extremely enjoyable fleet for my birthday (17yo now!). It was a pleasure to fly with you guys and I hope to do so again in the future!

If you did not fill out the fleet feedback form at the end of the fleet, please do so with this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... rm?c=0&w=1
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Satoshi Tomeii
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Roam - 2018/07/31

Post by Satoshi Tomeii »

I had a great time. Since I haven't scouted too many times, I was hesitant to X up, but glad I did. I had a lot of fun flying the Slicer, and though it may not be the perfect scouting ship, I feel like I am gaining skills that will be transferable to other ships. I am in fact headed to some of my first solo pvping ever as I am feeling more confident after last night.

In other news...did I catch that correctly, you are 17 years old? I feel old.
Staberinde
Title: NSC Combat Officer, Sophomore

Post by Staberinde »

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit hurt you name Coax and Ana but I'm just the generic 'Algos' bait :(

Also a shame about the incursion we had some crazy fits we wanted you guys to take down for the amusing killmails but incursion rats are no fun!

Sounds like you ran a good fleet Ged, good to know if Reise is away there are still good pilots in uni who are willing to step up!
Ged Sinak

Post by Ged Sinak »

Staberinde wrote:Not gonna lie, I'm a bit hurt you name Coax and Ana but I'm just the generic 'Algos' bait :(

Also a shame about the incursion we had some crazy fits we wanted you guys to take down for the amusing killmails but incursion rats are no fun!

Sounds like you ran a good fleet Ged, good to know if Reise is away there are still good pilots in uni who are willing to step up!
Thanks!

I didn’t name you since I’m new to the Uni. I know Analiese and Coaxter since they often are on roams that I’m on. I just thought you were one of their friends.

I abandoned that initial fight with you guys since I didn’t have anyone on grid that was fast enough to get a scram on Analiese; all my scouts had died at the beginning of the fight.

At the beginning, like I said, I was scared of the gate guns. The few times that you guys warped to us at a gate I just told the fleet to jump. In the future I’ll know and potentially take you guys down one day!
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Coaxster

Post by Coaxster »

YARRRRRRR!, Ged :) Yes, with gate guns and your logi we thought you'd bite... See ya next time -- on one end of me lazors or the other....
--- FCC Graduate! EUNI Graduate! ---
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image