Frank Marsalis - Merlin
Gman Mishi - Punisher
Gyrgon - Maulus
Kora K - Caldari Navy Hookbill
Pink Kondur - Tristan
Sembaphil Sarmandari - Tristan
Zeon Alabel - Merlin
averoth trojan - Tristan
So this was a fleet I decided to do after coming back to the game post a couple of months being away. I am glad to report that lessons learned from my previous fleets have not been forgotten. :)

I was glad to have Decklin join in with us during this fleet and later by Kora. I have learned a lot from these two during my time in the Uni and was glad to have them around. We undocked the fleet around 19:00 with 9 members in the fleet. The pipe towards Kinaka was mostly empty and I decided to take the fleet to the other side of Black Rise where we did find plenty of content. Our initial attempt was to get an Astero that had caught Decklin which had support from a group. We lost Decklin first followed immediately by Gyrgon in his Maulus. Though I was extremely glad to have the Maulus with us as it was able to jam a cormorant that was at range from us and doing heavy damage. Once the Cormorant got jammed the other fleet disengaged and warped off but we were able to land a scram on the algos and get our first kill of the day. It was a shame that we couldn't finish off the Astero though. We lingered around in space while Decklin and Gyrgon re-shipped. This is when Kora joined us letting us know that there s a Griffin Navy issue around. Though in all honesty the whole kill should go to Kora as by the time we landed on grid the Griffin was already dead. (But i am greedy and this kill helps my ISK efficiency so I am gonna leave it here. Thanks Kora. :D)

After the griffin was dead Kora left the fleet and while we continued to linger around, the previous fleet landed on us. This time we weren't as lucky and I think it was mostly my fault. I died very quickly and Decklin took over as 2IC. However we couldn't hold on grid for long and we lost 6 more friends in that engagement.

Before we left the system, we managed to get another tackle on an atron and that was a good fight. The atron put up an excellent fight and survived longer than I thought was possible in a frigate. But in the end we did crack it without any losses and I am glad for it.

We jumped into Nen after that and we tried getting a couple of frigs looting at the gate. But we couldn't close with either of them and they kept warping between tactical all over the place. The chase didn't seem worth it after a while and we moved on. A few interesting stuff happened on the way towards Kedama. One was a crucifier that showed some very interesting tactics moving around the fleet trying to pick one of us off. I learned some new flying tricks watching that pilot.

The scout moved in the next system and informed me that there were a couple of BCs and T2 Dessies on the in gate. I moved the fleet to a tactical at the gate and waited for the BCs to jump in. One of the Harbingers MJDed towards us but the rest of his fleet had already jumped in behind him and I was able to quickly jump through the gate and off to a safe in the next system. In kedama we found a Tristan and killed it by which time the fleet numbers had dropped to 5 ppl. I decided to call it and make our way back to Amygnon. On the way since there were only 4 of us now, I asked everyone to jump in together, and look around the system individually and call tackle if anyone got it. But the pipe back remained mostly quiet. Once in Oue Decklin tried to bait a very shy Incurcus but it was not to be and I finally ended the fleet at that point.

It was great getting back to FC'ing. I am gonna take out a Cormorant fleet to Nullsec soon and looking forward to that. As always thanks for flying with me and reading through this AAR. Fly Safe. o7
P.S: Please do fill out the feedback form from FCC about the fleet.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... =send_form

Kills and Losses

(20:11:52) Akidagi, Ichoriya
Tristan -7.43m
Maulus -3.47m
Algos +16.08m
Griffin Navy Issue +32.47m
Merlin -8.73m
Tristan -7.5m
Tristan -2.28m
Punisher -8.66m
Merlin -0.68m
Maulus -1.96m
Tristan -8.29m
Thrasher +9.39m
Atron +11.15m

(21:03:45) Nennamaila
Ibis +0.03m

(21:11:09) Nennamaila
Imicus +3.33m

(21:23:06) Kedama
Tristan +6.85m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 79,295,685.51
ISK Lost: 49,006,068.86
ISK Delta: 30,289,616.65
Efficiency: 61.804%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    (Negative stuff)
Gyrgon
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Kitchen Sink Frigs 28/07/18

Post by Gyrgon »

Thank you very much for the fleet, Zeon, and to Decklin for his scouting. I have been away from the game for a while myself and this was the perfect fleet to get back into things.

P.S. Just a small technicality for the AAR, so we don't confuse any newbros: while the Maulus is an EWAR frigate, it uses sensor dampening (in this case range damps against the sniping Cormorant to reduce it's lock range) while jams / jamming someone usually refers to the use of ECM modules (e.g. on the Griffin) to break existing target locks and prevent a target from locking up any new targets for 20s. :D
HSC | NSC | (Solitude) || Former Mentor | Former SRP Staffer

Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!